Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1
Jan 11, 2010 at 6:19 AM Post #1,261 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xcalibur255 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As others have said, an excellent write up Gu Sensei. Your take on the T1 has been very informative. One thing I've noted is that every person who has commented on the T1 so far considers them to be just slightly on the side of musical rather than analytical and finds them more lush and organic than the HD800. This is very encouraging for me at least, as I think the world has enough dry and analytical sounding headphones at top of the performance ladder right now. Of course that is just my opinion colored by hearing that is overly sensitive in the higher frequencies. I think it is very possible for the T1 to become an "endgame" headphone for me so I'm excited.

I keep thinking (from the descriptions) that I might find them to be similar to my Stax O2 Mk1. I do look forward to hearing a pair of T1 someday.

Jan 11, 2010 at 6:23 AM Post #1,262 of 3,971
Gu Sensei big THX for clear review. Can you comment in relation to classical music as T1 have organic sound is it also enough resolution but just not directly "into face" ( C.E.C CDs and DACs are coming to my mind)or is it all about coherence and musical organic sound?( like Audio Aero CDs).

Jan 11, 2010 at 7:29 AM Post #1,263 of 3,971
Someone who seems to be a qualified music listener (he's an organist and conductor) wrote on a German forum that the T1 sounds "flat and irrational" compared to the HD800 while he is missing the tremendous soundstage of the HD800, too.

My direct conclusion regarding to this man's opinion is that some people maybe mistake thin sound for ravishing analytical sound. I hope this won't turn out to be true.

If some HD800 owner who has the T1 already could please compare the performance of the T1 and HD800 when it comes to DECCA's Culshaw recordings with the VPO (mostly Solti/Wagner, Karajan/Strauss)... if someone could say something here... but I guess no one listens to this music or owns it.

Jan 11, 2010 at 8:35 AM Post #1,265 of 3,971
Thanks, Gu Sensei! <stroking his Grado PS1000> So, I can feel calm about my current headphones and I think headphoneaddict got it right. Owning the T1 could make me thinking of O2 MkI. head-fi is a bad place for my wallet.
frown.gif

Jan 11, 2010 at 9:18 AM Post #1,266 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I keep thinking (from the descriptions) that I might find them to be similar to my Stax O2 Mk1. I do look forward to hearing a pair of T1 someday.

I did find that the T1 had a more viseral punch to the bass that kind of reminded me of the O2 with a good seal.

-Ed

Jan 11, 2010 at 12:26 PM Post #1,267 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gu Sensei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was quite surprised to see a pair of T1s on display at a big audio store in Osaka a few days ago. So surprised, in fact, that I rubbed my eyes and did a ‘double take.’ At which point they were gone. I was then truly shocked to look down and notice my wallet empty and a strange weighty shopping bag clutched greedily in my hands. So much for that new SACD player I was shopping for...

Must...not....go...to...any...electronics...stores ...and....look....

Best summary yet I reckon. I might have to come by for a visit....
beyersmile.png

Jan 11, 2010 at 1:08 PM Post #1,268 of 3,971
Damn! just came back from vacation$$$ and now G.Sensei's description! I need to get my head under the T1's. Thanks for the review!
o2smile.gif

Jan 11, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #1,269 of 3,971
Does anyone have any indications on the delivery situation from Beyer - to different markets?

Jan 11, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #1,271 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by wower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is going to be quite the showdown been the T1 and HD800 once more T1s are in the wild. It will be epic.

No kidding on that score. I wish the PS1000's were at the $1k price point as well. But because they're considerably more expensive, they're not getting the same level of exposure. Thus, we'll undoubtedly see far more HD800 vs. T1 comparisons.

Jan 11, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #1,272 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gu Sensei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was quite surprised to see a pair of T1s on display at a big audio store in Osaka a few days ago. So surprised, in fact, that I rubbed my eyes and did a ‘double take.’ At which point they were gone. I was then truly shocked to look down and notice my wallet empty and a strange weighty shopping bag clutched greedily in my hands. So much for that new SACD player I was shopping for...

Hope this helps!
beerchug.gif

Thank you very much for your helpful description.
Just two questions.
How did you fill your wallet again? Any secrets?
wink.gif

Which role does the Leben play in this game?

Jan 11, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #1,273 of 3,971
Der Germane;6304942 said:
Someone who seems to be a qualified music listener (he's an organist and conductor) wrote on a German forum that the T1 sounds "flat and irrational" compared to the HD800 while he is missing the tremendous soundstage of the HD800, too.

Interesting...
That nice long summary seems to suggest that the T1 are more musical and somewhat less analytical than the Hd800.
I wonder if that is what the dude thinks is irrational. Or perhaps he is just defending his HD800 against any new competition.

Jan 11, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #1,274 of 3,971
So from Gu Sensei's great write up:
soundstage, clarity/ detail while very good, are not quite to the level of the HD800.
Bass Quantity: greater than the HD650...less than HD800
T1 more alive sounding, lush, than the HD800
Very smooth sound signature.
Great all rounders... where HD800 might be more genre specific.

Jan 11, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #1,275 of 3,971
Palpatine;6305560 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Der Germane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Interesting...
That nice long summary seems to suggest that the T1 are more musical and somewhat less analytical than the Hd800.
I wonder if that is what the dude thinks is irrational. Or perhaps he is just defending his HD800 against any new competition.

I think the 'irrational' comment is a result of the language barrier at hand here. My guess would be that he meant to say emotional, as in the opposite of rational/unemotional. Just my guess.

@Palpatine: I think you have to reread your summary. You mixed up some parts. I could be wrong about that though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back