Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1
Jan 10, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #1,216 of 3,971
I'm really tolerant but who is this guy raving about cables? He reminds me of Patrick82 and not in positive way.
BTW,We got it cables from brand X are the best in the world we all buy them tomorrow, right? Just provide link to website and payment method, give me a break.
Let's focus on T1 how they sound without any cable. That might be the challenge to hear them without any cable.

Let's wait for real review of T1, shall we?

Jan 10, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #1,217 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aethelred /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really tolerant but who is this guy raving about cables? He reminds me of Patrick82 and not in positive way.
BTW,We got it cables from brand X are the best in the world we all buy them tomorrow, right? Just provide link to website and payment method, give me a break.
Let's focus on T1 how they sound without any cable. That might be the challenge to hear them without any cable.

Let's wait for real review of T1, shall we?

Amen. How about we finally some day all get our own T1's first before we pronounce the cable as inferior. I have every bit (if not more) musical and musical instrument experience as the above fellow, and I just would be happy to hear the headphones the way they are and give Beyer the benefit of the doubt starting out.

How about let's all meet in another thread and do the cable thing in about 3 months?!?

Jan 10, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #1,218 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by neptius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When you want top reproduction for classical music, blues or jazz (or swing), stock cable is for you “first” cable for you, to be able “connect” headphones, but you need very serious cable. Do NOT read info from people who have NO knowledge about things, I have post gradual (PHD) degree, so I present you scientific and very serious knowledge.

What does having a PhD have to do with your position on cables? If anything, it should cause you to declare the opposite. The science community says cables make no difference at all but here you are preaching about them from an egocentric perspective and insulting others' reviews of the T1.

To my ears, cables DO make a difference, by the way.

Jan 10, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #1,219 of 3,971
A Ph.D. in what? And how does that matter? I agree, everyone's ears should decide for themselves and whether they can hear a difference to warrant them opening up their wallets.

I think cables make quite a difference, so for ME, it's worth it. If someone can't hear a difference, then even better and save the $$$.

On another note, Canada Post called me today and found my shipped T1s. Apparently they loaded them on the wrong truck on Thursday, but confirmed that the box is now loaded on the right truck for delivery this Monday!

I thought I'd never say this, but I can't wait for the weekend to end!

Jan 10, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #1,222 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by West726 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A Ph.D. in Cables. Duh.

Thanks for the clarification!
icon10.gif

Jan 10, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #1,223 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just listened to the T1 at Beyerdynamic's booth here at CES.

Definitely impressed. Too noisy to really get a great impression, but I liked what I heard, treble has good extension without being too harsh or too laid back. Bass is nice and fast, with a great amount of punch. You can really feel it.

The cable is 24awg OFC, and dual terminated, with two separate insulations, will be very easy to reterminate balanced. It has a standard pro Neutrik 1/4" connector.

One thing that realy struck me was the rich mid range, vocals sounded excellent, without being too thick and syrupy.

I think the T1's might warrant an extended in home audition for me.
smily_headphones1.gif

FYI. The Beyerdynamic rep said the MSRP was going to be $1295. Thankfully street prices are far less.

-Ed

Nice Ed, do you happen to remember the setup?

Jan 10, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #1,225 of 3,971
Good news, Macedonianhero. Glad they are on their way again...
Heard good things about the T1 so far... like to hear even more impressions.
If they are amazing with stock cable and just as awesome as Hd800 in their own way, I can't wait to hear them myself.

Jan 10, 2010 at 7:35 AM Post #1,226 of 3,971
Quote:

I have post gradual (PHD) degree, so I present you scientific and very serious knowledge.

Frig I hate smug people like this. Thank you all for calling him out, especially on an internet forum. It don't mean squat. Raise your hand if you know an idiot with a PHD in real life.

Quote:

I have [a brown dog], so I present you [humorous] and very [witty] knowledge.

Quote:

I have [a yellow raincoat], so I present you [wondrous] and very [amazing] knowledge.

Jan 10, 2010 at 7:46 AM Post #1,227 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif

FYI. The Beyerdynamic rep said the MSRP was going to be $1295. Thankfully street prices are far less.

-Ed

Thanks for the info, Edwood. I find it interesting that the street prices are less. Beyer won't be pursuing the same pricing strategy as Senn with the HD800. To me, the question is whether Beyer just won't do this or, as I suspect, it can't.

Jan 10, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #1,228 of 3,971
Edwood – „Definitely impressed. Too noisy to really get a great impression, but I liked what I heard, treble has good extension without being too harsh or too laid back. Bass is nice and fast, with a great amount of punch. You can really feel it. One thing that realy struck me was the rich mid range, vocals sounded excellent, without being too thick and syrupy.

Yes, your impressions are similar with my too, as I presented in mega review. Vocals has T1 excellent, when I listen opera (singing Maria Callas) Puccini‘s Madam Batterfly, Tourandott or Tosca, Maria sings beautifully, very natural and rich voice. Yesteday I wrote article for one mathematical journal and I listen Carmen or Giuseppe Verdi‘s Nabucco or La traviata with T1. I was fascinated with their musicalness. HD 800 are, as many times said, very analytical. In this aspect, I will prefer more T1. In comparing, HD 800 (stock cable) has trebles worth (not so good as I expected). When I wrote mega review, I found several troubles for me how to compare T1 with HD 800. Simply said, trebles are problem for HD 800, or, not so enaugh as you may expect, it is true, but when I listen HD 800 with Stefan Audio Voice cable, trebles was ok.

The Monkey – The answer for your issue is very simple. Beyerdynamic gives higher level of freedom for him distribution and sellers system, so real „street prices“ may be truely less. Sennheiser has „stronger“ or „more direct“ agreements. That’s all. When I spoke with Beyer about discount system for visually impaired, Beyer was flexible and by simple communication it was able realize something. When I spoke with regular person from Senn, he said me that it require modify agreements and it takes time ...

IPodPJ - „What does having a PhD have to do with your position on cables?
West726No, Phd in mathematics, singular differential equations, no cables or audio technologies. It is always a good idea to verify information before you post something. I am placed in university, NOT in commerce. I work with scientific information, verification able information, so I in common prefer to present this type of info expect „political“ bluf, marketing floof etc"

I have audiophile ears so I am very active in research or development of tools for visually impaired in the area of mathematics accessibilities where background sound plays principal role. When you are blind or low sighted, mathematical expression or knowledge need be described by very special forms. Complete reading takes so enough time. This info is strongly contextual, structured with related contents, so composed background sound contains partial sounds with which give you powerful info. With audiophile ears I am active for these projects. When you read my reviews, you see that I prefer more analytical or neutral reproduction with solid amps, but I like tume amps with worm presentation too.
billinkansas - How about let's all meet in another thread and do the cable thing in about 3 months?!?
chrees – Yes, I understand you. The problem is not the communication about cables, but hysteria about it. I presented perfect reviews and emphatises about T1. Same made Skylab and achristilaw, or some presented in issues with lower page number. When you have four or five serious issues about it, you can obtain another personal experience. Other people can say same thing or some additional info, because the basic info was said. There is a question which info you need or prefer to obtain.

Parafeed – Do not warry, no advert, only I presented information. You can present too, but, Please, present your reviw, your impressions and experience.

Aethelred - Let's focus on T1 how they sound without any cable. That might be the challenge to hear them without any cable.
I absolutelly accept. This is the reason way I prefered for comparing T1 with HD 800 on Bechmark DAC PRE with STOCK cable.

DC5Zilla – Could be possible to describe me what is on the picture? Some people are not so able to see, if you understand ... Intelligent person add alternative text description for pictures.
wower – I know some people are skillful to have the phd-degree, some not, but I not say something as you presented. Scientists, experts for research are very important for society, independently if you are able understand their work, results etc. In practice you apply most of items which was in first hand discovered by scientists, technicians, who looks like different for other practice job-possitions.

Jan 10, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #1,229 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by neptius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Monkey – The answer for your issue is very simple. Beyerdynamic gives higher level of freedom for him distribution and sellers system, so real „street prices“ may be truely less. Sennheiser has „stronger“ or „more direct“ agreements. That’s all. When I spoke with Beyer about discount system for visually impaired, Beyer was flexible and by simple communication it was able realize something. When I spoke with regular person from Senn, he said me that it require modify agreements and it takes time ...

Thanks for breaking it down, but I'm familiar with the issues. What I was alluding to was Senn's aggressive strategy and whether it would withstand legal scrutiny (here in the US), especially under the new administration. It appears that Beyer is less willing to test those waters. Further, due to its smaller market share, it appears less able to do so even if it wanted to. Beyer is not flexible out of the kindness of its heart.

Jan 10, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #1,230 of 3,971
@neptius I guess you're new around here and don't know how contentious the cable issue is around here. I happen to agree cables do make a small difference when the rest of one's system is already up to snuff. However, saying we should believe some random poster because they have a PHD (in what, dentistry? early childhood education?) is pretentious and I, for one, react by notching you down a couple of levels in respect. I'm guessing you were hoping for the opposite effect when you typed that. I'm done with this, back to the T1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back