Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1
Jan 8, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #1,201 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by drubrew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While it is a 600ohm driver my iQube drove it at about 75% volume gain quite nicely.

So let me ask....what is the advantage of a 600ohm headphone over, say, a 32ohm headphone? Is more detailed pushed out if you have the equipment to drive them?

Mega Review....wow. That is quite the detailed review. Perhaps the most detailed I have ever read. Nicely done.

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #1,202 of 3,971
Palpatine – Yes, I will do it, especially for different styles in classical music, for baroque chorals (Telemann, Bach ...), piano tracks (Mozart, Beethowen, Tchaikovski), for polka or walz, for operas etc. I like a lot classical music. I have complete collections for most of great conductors or composers. But naturally, it needs time. Achristilaw or Skylab can present you “simple” and general information. Audiophile enthusiast who plays on some instruments will deliver you true and precise info in other aspects. In same order for blues or jazz, it is not easy to write good review, because there detailnes of all instruments is NOT simple thing. For example for guitars, there are triolas and you need know something about playing styles etc. But in general, the quality of T1 or HD 800 is excellent, so you obtain true quality.
In this way, as better amp you have, absolutely you need better cable. When you want top reproduction for classical music, blues or jazz (or swing), stock cable is for you “first” cable for you, to be able “connect” headphones, but you need very serious cable. Do NOT read info from people who have NO knowledge about things, I have post gradual (PHD) degree, so I present you scientific and very serious knowledge.
Collegium musicum is NOT a bed idea for you too, because some tracks are recorded in “orchestral” form, more common for “classical music”. In other hand, when you listen original “old” track, built a few centuries before, and actual modern version, it is marvelous to see compositions, how they transformed partiture scores etc. I would like to listen these legendary tracks.
One friend, who is professional guitar player has said me that HD 800 (in same T1) are so detailed with solid amps like Rudistor’s that he is able recognize in guitar solo tracks the type of strings applied for current guitar, violin etc. As better cable you have, more detailed, clear, transparent, dynamic or soundstage you obtain. The recognition of accords, pentatonic, played intervals, hand positions in guitar are perfect without other words etc. This excellent recognition or localization give you ONLY top quality cable, with multi-wires with excellent geometry and construction.

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #1,203 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So my T1's were supposed to be delivered yesterday and it appears that Canada Post has lost them.

I will give them until Monday and then I'll call VISA and cancel the charge!

I would recommend you contact the seller and make them aware of the situation before disputing the charge with VISA. If you dispute the charge the seller takes the hit (they even have to pay a dispute fee) even though it's not their fault. A good seller will refund the money or send you a new T1 and they will reclaim the money from Canada post if they had enough sense to insure the package.

Seriously, don't jump to dispute the charge. Give the seller a chance to make it right before you dispute the charge.

Jan 8, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #1,204 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by nonsupremous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So let me ask....what is the advantage of a 600ohm headphone over, say, a 32ohm headphone? Is more detailed pushed out if you have the equipment to drive them?

I was wondering about this also. Is it high ohms are less susceptible to transducer burn-out than the counterparts of low ohms or something? Just a wild guess.

Jan 8, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #1,205 of 3,971
winzzz – Yes, I will do it again, but it need time, carefully listen tracks, do comparing etc.
peanuthead – So far in my experience, nothing comes close to HD800 in portraying acoustic bass, in terms of depth, palpability, and detail. Charlie Haden on HD800... I'm hoping T1 can come close to the HD800 in this area...
Charlie Haden’s track I have listen more times and when I will write review about this sort of music, this tracks will be shown detaily. Yes, HD 800 does perfect work, same as T1. I can say you that T1 are close to HD 800, but for true listening and experience you need serious amp. For your preferences I advice you apply solid amps like Rudistor’s, models like RPX-300 and RP 010B. This amps NOT blur or smudge the detail, deth or other properties of bass. The music is very realistic, vivacious, natural and live. The info about cable you probbably notorially know ...
smily_headphones1.gif

musicman59 – When I read that you have excellent Rudistor RP 010B amp, I can say you (because my friend has RPX-300) that the recabling is very important and principal for you. Absolutelly forget all about stock cables for T1 or HD 800, this is nothing for you. Drubrew does perfect work, interesting solutions with acceptable price tags, I valuate him work a lot, but him support with headphone cable is not the item which you need for your chain, RP 010B is superior high end sold amp. With very serious multi-wire headphone cable your amp will do excellent extension in quality of all parts, musicallity, details, dynamics or soundstage. I listen it in Wien (as I presented) in combination of T1 or HD 800 with your amp and I can say you, the quality with high end cables will rapidly increese. When I compared complete superior chain with HD 800 + RP 010B and then HD 800 with stock cable with Benchmark DAC PRE, I thought that something is incorrectly connected or broken, because it sounds not so good as compelete chain. I think, it not needs more words ...
smily_headphones1.gif

Skylab – I do not want to say you something negative, but in same order as recabling for maximal performance (serious balanced) for serious amps was very important for „classical“ high end models like K 701, HD 650, DT 880, D-2000 ... the same is true for 1k headphones again. The difference is only in one aspect, that basic stock-cable is better as one for „classical“ high end models. The reason is same in both groups, the cable is always only to the price of at about 15 percent of complete price of headphones. But accurate cable for 1k headphones like T1 or HD 800 costs much more, so the things are same again, but moved to higher price tag class. As better amp you have, with better performance, the recabling for you is more urgent thing. When you do it, then with your best audio toys you will see what they can do, how perfect sound they deliver. When you want to do excellent reviews for these top models, the cable must not be weak item in chain, then your info is limited in validity, simply said.

Jan 8, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #1,206 of 3,971
Thanks, Neptius. The more impressions the better. I appreciate the time you are taking to give us your opinions!

Jan 9, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #1,207 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by odigg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would recommend you contact the seller and make them aware of the situation before disputing the charge with VISA. If you dispute the charge the seller takes the hit (they even have to pay a dispute fee) even though it's not their fault. A good seller will refund the money or send you a new T1 and they will reclaim the money from Canada post if they had enough sense to insure the package.

Seriously, don't jump to dispute the charge. Give the seller a chance to make it right before you dispute the charge.

No worries...I've already contacted the seller and he's pretty cool. We've agreed to give it until Monday...proof that anything government does, the private sector can just do it better!

I just want my damn T1s!...If not, then maybe the HD800s were meant for me?

Jan 9, 2010 at 3:56 AM Post #1,208 of 3,971
Thanks for your comments Neptius, I am a true believer of the effect of good cables in the sound chain. I have my D7000, Edition 9 and Woodied D2000 all recabled with Apuresound balanced cable. My HD650 also have a Revelation Audio Labs balanced cable. In all of them the cable and also going balanced made a huge difference.

I am already planning on sending the T1 to either Drew or Alex for a balanced recable job as soon as they arrive.

I can believe that I just ordered the T1 and I am already thinking in my next purchase... the Head Direct HE5. I read Skylab's comments and those are interesting so probably at the end my HD650 my have to go.....

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Jan 9, 2010 at 6:35 AM Post #1,210 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by neptius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Palpatine – Yes, I will do it, especially for different styles in classical music, for baroque chorals (Telemann, Bach ...), piano tracks (Mozart, Beethowen, Tchaikovski), for polka or walz, for operas etc. I like a lot classical music. I have complete collections for most of great conductors or composers. But naturally, it needs time. Achristilaw or Skylab can present you “simple” and general information. Audiophile enthusiast who plays on some instruments will deliver you true and precise info in other aspects. In same order for blues or jazz, it is not easy to write good review, because there detailnes of all instruments is NOT simple thing. For example for guitars, there are triolas and you need know something about playing styles etc. But in general, the quality of T1 or HD 800 is excellent, so you obtain true quality.
In this way, as better amp you have, absolutely you need better cable. When you want top reproduction for classical music, blues or jazz (or swing), stock cable is for you “first” cable for you, to be able “connect” headphones, but you need very serious cable. Do NOT read info from people who have NO knowledge about things, I have post gradual (PHD) degree, so I present you scientific and very serious knowledge.
Collegium musicum is NOT a bed idea for you too, because some tracks are recorded in “orchestral” form, more common for “classical music”. In other hand, when you listen original “old” track, built a few centuries before, and actual modern version, it is marvelous to see compositions, how they transformed partiture scores etc. I would like to listen these legendary tracks.
One friend, who is professional guitar player has said me that HD 800 (in same T1) are so detailed with solid amps like Rudistor’s that he is able recognize in guitar solo tracks the type of strings applied for current guitar, violin etc. As better cable you have, more detailed, clear, transparent, dynamic or soundstage you obtain. The recognition of accords, pentatonic, played intervals, hand positions in guitar are perfect without other words etc. This excellent recognition or localization give you ONLY top quality cable, with multi-wires with excellent geometry and construction.

I'm sure other headphones have such resolve, talking about noticing different strings on a guitar etc.. Like a good electrostat. I'm not a musician or play instruments, but I am noticing a difference between drum sets, piano's, and guitar strings more keenly since I been listening to my DT48. Somthing I didn't recognized with my other headphones. Every string being very distintive to others. Maybe the HD800/T1 takes it to another level. Just expressing my experience . I am using top quality headphone cable if that matters. The V3.

Jan 9, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #1,211 of 3,971
Hi friends, I am sending you the email which I obtained from Austria. One friend from Wien has written reply to my issue presented here. I translated it from German language.
PS: Heinz is happy boy. I have only dissability pension (practically blind person), so I am happy with all what I obtained for projects for information accessibilities for visually impaired... Heinz has true audio heaven's toys, he has no problem with money ... .
smily_headphones1.gif
In Wien I visited all. Ohhh, the sound was from heaven.

----- = -----
Hallo Vladimir,
... I am soloist and professional string instruments player in Wiener Philharmonic Orchestra more then 20 years. I love my wife and children, but music is my second love. I have absolute pitch, ears for music. ...
I read your review about T1 comparing with HD 800 where you used tracks of Collegium Musicum band. I personally know two artists from this legendary band. Varga is true genius, his play is amazing. The spoken instrumental tracks are golden part of modern art rock or progressive rock history, ever green tracks, pleasure for listening. Vladimir, you made perfect work. ...
When you visited KlangBilder 2009 exhibition in Wien, the meeting of club Muzikus, you practiced my personal audio devices borrowed for exhibition and meeting of true audiophile enthusiasts. I borrowed my SACD Wadia 381i player, Rudistor RP 010B headphone solid amp, Ayon tube amp, HD 800, T1, STAX headphones and cables. ... The spoken tracks are true test of musical performance of all devices in your chain. Without excellent headphone cable you never obtain or listen the true quality and musicalness of these tracks. ...
When I purchased T1 model the recabling was automatic process without any words. Stock cable is always built for application for average audio devices and in strong price ratio. As you said, headphone cable price is calculated to be 10-15 percent of complete product so the producer wants to deliver you quality from concrete price area. The reason why I do recabling is the fact that the cable is reliable for signal connection between source device trough amplifier to your headphones. The headphone cable is completely responsible for aspects of sound quality as detail, transparency, dynamics, sound clearness, soundstage, airstage (space presentation), sound sharpness, natural presentation, correct tone reproduction, or sound colouring. ...
The top cable often is characterized with three parameters like resistance, inductance. These parameters are in most aspects characterization of applied wiring material. As higher resistance then higher signal degradation is presented. High inductance does negative transmission and presentation of highs quality - dynamics, smooth or detailness of highs. High capacitance cause negative transmission of all frequencies, often for bass. But, as you mentioned, the cable is never collection of two or four wires, but multiplication of them. The reason is simple, more ways for signal transmission, more “power” is able pass through cable. Top cables has a lot of wires, extreme one more then 100, but for headphone cables this number is out of sense.
When I interested on top cable for my excellent audio devices I was interested on serious cable, not customer products with acceptable price. One my friend own one Kraut cable so I interested more on them. I didn’t hear a lot about cables Kraut. Today in market are so many brands who say you all positive about their products, but only very small fraction of them deliver you true quality for your audio chain. For my Wadia player and Rudistor headphone amp I need absolutely serious cables not customer’s compromise products. I do not say that they are bed. I only say that for me, for my devices, I absolutely need different level of headphone or interconnection cables.
When I listen first time cable Kraut Passion Gold type Swarovski, I was fascinated about the massive improvement of musicalness, detail, dynamics, holographic space presentation and tone to tone of sound reproduction without any limitations. Yes, it was difficult to purchase interconnection cable which costs 1m at about 3,000 euro from producer who has no marketing, no advert, miserable web pages.
When I burned my cable I have been amazed with the result. I contacted him about headphone cable for my best headphones. He said me that he produces at about 6 years top cables built very individually for each model. So I made decision to recable my electrostatic stax omega model, HD 800 and coming T1. These cables are very individually built for each model, there is no compromise. I ordered headphone cable produced by same principle as cable Swarovski. It’s crazy when 1m of cable costs 2x more then main headphone driver, but the result is absolutely amazing. The cable is heavy so I advice to purchase only 1m long one.
What delivered me these top cables with my superior audio devices? I do not want write any superlatives, because you notoriously hate it when you read it. These cables are superior quality without any words. Vladimir, all what you wrote in head-fi forum about sound reproduction is simply said true and without any comments. This is totally different league, sound quality which you obtain from audio chain, totally uncomparable as you visited in Wien.
From listening, I am perfectly able recognize the type of strings, the positions of bow in fiddle during playing, when is left oriented or right, move of fingers etc. The number of details during orchestral tracks is phenomenal, not accounting able. I have practiced to calculate how much players are in orchestra during concert.
So when you want to know information about actually best cable for your T1, HD 800 or electrostats, I can say you to contact Mr. Kraut from Prague. He delivers you the ticket to audiophile paradise.
PS: Etwas fur musicman59 – When you read this issue, you absolutelly know where you obtain the best cable for your audio chain, for your headphones ...

Sincerely, yours Heinz

Jan 9, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #1,212 of 3,971
Beavis: "He said Kraut cable..."
Butthead: "Uh, ya... that was cool!"

Jan 9, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #1,213 of 3,971
nm

Jan 9, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #1,214 of 3,971
Beavis: "He said Kraut cable..."
Butthead: "Uh, ya... that was cool!"

I have been only read this thread so far, but that's exactly what I wanted to say reading "Heinz's letter".
Is there any chance to leave cables (even soo good ;>) alone and focus on T1?

Jan 10, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #1,215 of 3,971
Just listened to the T1 at Beyerdynamic's booth here at CES.

Definitely impressed. Too noisy to really get a great impression, but I liked what I heard, treble has good extension without being too harsh or too laid back. Bass is nice and fast, with a great amount of punch. You can really feel it.

The cable is 24awg OFC, and dual terminated, with two separate insulations, will be very easy to reterminate balanced. It has a standard pro Neutrik 1/4" connector.

One thing that realy struck me was the rich mid range, vocals sounded excellent, without being too thick and syrupy.

I think the T1's might warrant an extended in home audition for me.
smily_headphones1.gif

FYI. The Beyerdynamic rep said the MSRP was going to be $1295. Thankfully street prices are far less.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back