Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1
Jan 22, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #1,471 of 3,971
Thanks Skylab for getting us back on track. That's cool to know that after about a month, you're still super impressed with these cans.

I would like to try these after 10 days off or so to see how they sound after a break, but I can't seem to put these damn things down!
beyersmile.png

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BACK TO THE T1:

Yesterday I got to spend a day where the T1 got a lot of head time again, which I hadn't had in about 10 days due to a bunch of business travel. I wondered what my thoughts would be after a "layoff" from it.

Well, my thoughts are once again that this may well be my personally favorite headphone ever. Yes, I have always cottoned to Beyer cans, so maybe this is no surprise, but there is just something so very RIGHT sounding to me about the sound of music via the T1. I wish I could express it more clearly, but with the T1, music just FLOWS in a very effortless way - I don't end up focusing on this or that part of the sound spectrum - I end up completely drawn into the music.

I wish I could use open cans more than just at work - I would get to use the T1 even more.

Jan 22, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #1,472 of 3,971
I wonder how long it will be before they go up in price. Some have even said they may go down. Either way it sounds like they are worth every penny.
It's be nice getting Beyers back in my collection again.

Jan 22, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #1,473 of 3,971
I'm not on the forums as much as I used to be so anyone want to save me from searching through all the pages of this thread and tell me if there is a firm release date yet?

Jan 22, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #1,474 of 3,971
It is already released. The demand is higher than the supply at the moment, therefore there will be waiting time. When ordered directly from Beyer's online shop the waiting time is 8-10 weeks.

Jan 22, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #1,475 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BACK TO THE T1:

Yesterday I got to spend a day where the T1 got a lot of head time again, which I hadn't had in about 10 days due to a bunch of business travel. I wondered what my thoughts would be after a "layoff" from it.

Well, my thoughts are once again that this may well be my personally favorite headphone ever. Yes, I have always cottoned to Beyer cans, so maybe this is no surprise, but there is just something so very RIGHT sounding to me about the sound of music via the T1. I wish I could express it more clearly, but with the T1, music just FLOWS in a very effortless way - I don't end up focusing on this or that part of the sound spectrum - I end up completely drawn into the music.

I wish I could use open cans more than just at work - I would get to use the T1 even more.

Since we know you can last 10 days without listing to them much, and you have my shipping address, I suggest you send them off to me for a quick listen and demo. Thanks. As collateral I will send you my iBasso D10 for you to review, and I can include a Predator for comparison.
L3000.gif

Jan 22, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #1,476 of 3,971
Ha! I love ya Larry...but not a chance...

Jan 22, 2010 at 7:10 PM Post #1,477 of 3,971
Ok, so I will give the Lavry DA11 a try at home in the coming days but what I heard on speakers blew my mind literally. What an amazing DAC/preamp. I intend to assess more thoroughly its headphones amp section but from what I gather, it's very good also. So it's done, I will most likely end up with this wonderful little piece of electronic. (plus the only other alternative I had was the Corda Symphony 2 from Meier which is good but I don't think it is on par with the lavry)

However, now the more I read the thread, the more I consider replacing the HD800 - which I haven't bought yet anyway - with a T1. It's probably better suited for rock than the HD800. Still I have two questions regarding the comparison between the two German superstars. First : comfort. I read out there that the HD800 was way more comfortable, that the T1 had a too firm clamp on the head. Second, relative to my future DAC/headphones amp, will it not struggle more to drive the 600 ohm load of the T1 rather than the 300 of the HD800??(And, no, I will NOT add a "dedicated" amp to the DA11)

Thanks in advance!

Jan 22, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #1,478 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by corentin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, so I will give the Lavry DA11 a try at home in the coming days but what I heard on speakers blew my mind literally. What an amazing DAC/preamp. I intend to assess more thoroughly its headphones amp section but from what I gather, it's very good also. So it's done, I will most likely end up with this wonderful little piece of electronic. (plus the only other alternative I had was the Corda Symphony 2 from Meier which is good but I don't think it is on par with the lavry)

However, now the more I read the thread, the more I consider replacing the HD800 - which I haven't bought yet anyway - with a T1. It's probably better suited for rock than the HD800. Still I have two questions regarding the comparison between the two German superstars. First : comfort. I read out there that the HD800 was way more comfortable, that the T1 had a too firm clamp on the head. Second, relative to my future DAC/headphones amp, will it not struggle more to drive the 600 ohm load of the T1 rather than the 300 of the HD800??(And, no, I will NOT add a "dedicated" amp to the DA11)

Thanks in advance!

1.) With regards to comfort, the HD800s are indeed very comfortable. The T1s do have slightly more clamping than the the DT880s (the most comfortable on my head ever), but are still very comfy. I've had them on for hours at a time and really never noticed them.

2.) While they are 600 ohm impedance cans, I keep my volume dial at basically 12 o'clock on my tube amp. The same position I would use with my HD650s (300 ohms, now sold) and they are driven very well. So they do appear to be very efficient. I would recommend a solid tube amp that can really handle high voltage swings to really synergize with the T1.

Jan 22, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #1,481 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by corentin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks again MacedonianHero
smily_headphones1.gif

Some said in this very thread that the T1 was a "semi-open" design. How much more or less open is it compared to the 650s?

The funny thing about that is that even with the DT880s that beyerdynamic also called "semi open", I have found both (DT880 and T1) to be essentially "open" cans. They have the same airy nature and sound stage of open cans and very little in common with closed cans.

I have always had a hard time understanding semi-open. For me it's open or closed...pregnant or not pregnant (semi-open (pregnant) is a hard one to understand...for me anyway).

Jan 23, 2010 at 6:12 AM Post #1,482 of 3,971
Does anyone have a link to the waterfall/CSD graphs for the T1 again? I tried the blog link a couple of pages back but I could only see HD-800s linked.

Jan 23, 2010 at 8:51 AM Post #1,484 of 3,971
Jan 23, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #1,485 of 3,971
Anyone knows What the benefit using 6-wire instead of 4-wire in T1 is?
I want to recable my T1 with 7N pure silver cable, but it's too expensive. If the difference is not so big I want to recable the headphone using 4-wire. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back