Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1
Jan 22, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #1,456 of 3,971
brat (#1412) – for top cables waiting period is longer, because their production is much more complicated and slower then for “machine-style” cables. Top high end cables are made handly, layer per layer and it take a lot of time.

jyle_t (#1415) – yes, with T1 you will be satisfied. Earbusters like JH13Pro are excellent and earbusters has maid great progress during last years, but they are something again something. Simply said, in some aspects these top custom models can be better then “classical” headphones, but some aspects are in principal order lost. It is by your preference what you more valuate then other, what you prefer and what not. Simply said, ear-busters like JH13Pro, HD 800 or top laudspeakers are three different forms of listening with different experience which they can deliver you, so comparing is very problematic, as I said, something again something.

Duckman (#1416) – In EU they costs 890 eur, what is more then 1000 dolars, but the starting price is not the most important info for you, it depend on more aspects. When you need recabling, which type, for which amps etc. But in general, Beyer for models which are longer time in market, their real (shop) price is going down. Today HD 800 you can purchase with price tag around 920-950 euro, so during half year or more, the price for T1 will go little down too. But do not expect that they will cost for example 800 dolars, this is unreal.

Wmcmanus (#1419) – Grado politics is currious in many other aspects. Yes, they sound good, several their models are successful, but, today situation in top high end is very different as before 5 or 10 years and Grado is NOT able do dramatic progress forward. Models like T1 or HD 800 are one class more then GS 1000 or PS 1000. Grado does same „joke“ a lot of years, so there is very limited space for progress, when top inovations does this step forward very significantly. I listen PS 1000 in Wien and I say you, they are not so enough as they costs. T1 are better in many aspects and chiper. The „hiden“ places in warranty agreement is other proof of Grado politics. See him amp RA1. I can send you photo, and same is with headphones ... They sound good, because they are perfectly tunned, but as I said, it is same „joke“ said so many times, it is expected that Grado present something much more, new technological. When he upgrade PS 1000, the price tag need be higher, at about 20 percents more and 2000 dolars price tag is so extreme where electrostats are ultra strong, so Grado there has no space. In EU Grado has no position in market as 5 or 10 years before. In Slovakia, Czech republic, Austria, Germany it is true without any words.

donthuang (#1420) – Yes, the language or writting barrier is here for us, but the graphs are looking good. I need special magnification and assitance, but after help, I can say that they are interesting. About tranzist response was written here more times in pages 40? or something around. They are very fast in highs. So when you listen fiddle their high tones are wonderful, dynamical, smooth, continuous and stable. HD 800 are good too, but slower and with less continuous effect.

donthuang (#1423) – Thanks. You proven my theory that T1 sounds with Rudistor RPX-300 fantasticly. They has „wandering“ variable impedance. The magnets in T1 model does fantastic work, so it is shown in many aspects. When all waited for HD 800, there was speculations that Senn want to release model HD 850 with „variable“ impedance too, so will change by some conditions, but when HD 800 was released, speculations are refused. But, naturally, never say never. Beyer has presented very progressive concept.

woof37 (#1426) – it is simple say „better“ but it is not easy to compare classical headphones and ear-busters (customs). A lot of people said that they are „better“ in most aspects expect space or soundstage, but things are more complicated. As I said, it is something again something, different listening experience, so it is not easy to simply do comparing.

Skylab (#1431) – Yes, I agree. Truelly said.

Seamaster (#1432) – the price for ear-busters is something different as for classical headphones customs. Customs once you purchase, they are made individually for you, so when you want sell them, it could be a big problem when you have specific one.

MacedonianHero (#1435) – T1 not basshead? With stock cable, ok, but with excellent cable, situation is totally different. Multi-wired cable will deliver what T1 need for it.

MacedonianHero (#1436) – smooth trebles is big advantage of T1 again Grado models without any words. They are very continuous.

Duckman (#1437) – Alessandro is only „tunning“ for Grado models, thier notorial problems are not solved. T1 is excellent choice for you. In many aspects T1 are simply better then Grado models. We can speculate about specific aspects, as RS1 for rock, or so, but compare RS1 in detailness, soundstage, quality of highs ... As MacedonianHero (#1438) said, simply and directly. Or what I said in previous about Grado models. T1 give you all what you expect at once.

Acix (#1441) – Beyer many times has come to HD club and often with excellent model. Remember in year when they come with DT 880 firt time, or with their electrostats, or other one.

donthuang (#1443) – thanks. The graphs are interesting. I need assitance for „visiting“, but I will do it. Thanks.

odigg (#1449), MacedonianHero (#1452) for super high end models is not so useful for producers apply small jacs, there caps are calculated to be used with serious amps, so there is better idea to have big jack.

The Monkey (#1455) – It is difficult to be online every time, to answer inmediately. So I answer issues at once or so. I think, the form of issues ordering in linear chain is more historial thing, I think, some changes in conception are welcome. When the threet has a few pages, no problem, but when it comes to 100 or more, it is much more complicated to be able read and orient on numbers of numbers of issues. I think, this is more question about the system of treets then about „reactions“ at once as I made. My approach is specific, because I wrote all in Word, pages are not so accessible for practically blinds ...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 22, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #1,457 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by neptius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Today I spoke with friend who works in headquarter of Beyer in Helbron in Germany (in position manager for own region) and he said me that they are working on open and closed version of T1,

The T1 already is open? Or technically I believe they are semi-open. You're implying there are going to be three variations of the T1 model, but I can't see the motive behind such a decision. Would you be able to provide a link that references proof of this news?

Jan 22, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #1,458 of 3,971
Naturally, here was presented several issues about marketing politics realized by Beyerdynaic, about pre-order discount, about 5 year warranty etc. When HD 800 was released, the situation in class of super high ends (electrodynamic top models) was dramatically changed. The new competition was started. HD 800 scored gigantic success, at ten thousand models was sold, but it is not easy to say who is the winner. Sennheiser is able release new model, for example HD 850, but again open. Beyerdynamic is able release other variants, open, closed, for headzone, analytical for studio (mastering, postmastering), so Beyer is very strong is variability. AKG can present their advantage in quality to price ratio. Look how powerful are today K 701 in this aspect. I think, in this competition are many players and only time say who is the winner. It is fascinative that different producers are able release top inovative headphones which push electrodynamic models to the new level of quality. I expect what say STAX, because these super high end models are near and near as several years ago. In this aspect, classical „top price“ producers has found strong competitors in this area. So I think the game is open. I think, Beyerdynamic have found very good position with variability. What do you think about it?

Jan 22, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #1,459 of 3,971
Xcalibur255 – I can not tell you how they will be named, T2? T3? T1 Open? T1 Closed? But I know only Beyer is interested to extend with other types, same as they made in Premium class with DT 770 and DT 990. That’s all. As you expect, the info will be proven when they release ...
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

When you love T1, wait and you will love open or closed version too.

Jan 22, 2010 at 2:19 AM Post #1,460 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The T1s sound best on tube amps...period. I have tried them on a few really good solid state amps (including the Benchmark DAC1 USB), but nothing was as good as a tube amp. At 600ohms, they need voltage, NOT current to be driven properly and this is were tubes really come in.

I don't think many people would classify the amp in the Benchmark DAC1 as a really good SS amp. It wouldn't surprise me if the T1 sounded very good with Beyer's own amp. After all, they did design it!

Jan 22, 2010 at 2:27 AM Post #1,461 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by XXII /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think many people would classify the amp in the Benchmark DAC1 as a really good SS amp. It wouldn't surprise me if the T1 sounded very good with Beyer's own amp. After all, they did design it!

They did design it...years before the T1 was ever a twinkling in a beyerdynamic engineer's eye.

I didn't say it didn't sound good when I tried it with a set of 600 ohm DT880s, just that the Gilmore Lite ($500) sounded just as good. My point is first, this guy is a snob and needs a reality check, and two, tube amps are preferable with high impedance cans.

Look at the RA1 (previously owned), at it was very nice with my RS1s, but I have heard better...much better in fact.

Jan 22, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #1,463 of 3,971
It would make sense as Beyer has traditionally offered 3 high-end designs: closed (DT770), semi-open (DT880) and open (DT990). I'm guessing the T1 is a successor to the semi-open DT880 and if so, there may be 2 others planned for the DT770 and DT990.

Jan 22, 2010 at 6:33 AM Post #1,465 of 3,971
Please, please, please!!! Everyone quit discussing our newly banned member, or what you think might be the reasons for the ban, or what you like or don't like about him, whether the ban will be temporary or permanent, etc. We have a rule that prohibits discussing banned members or the reasons therefore, and this is a perfect illustration as to why we have that rule in place. I'm trying to clean up this thread, and every time I delete a couple of posts, more keep sprouting up! Stop already. Sometimes what you see isn't the fully story, and members can be banned for rule violations that have nothing to do with their posting history.

Jan 22, 2010 at 9:11 AM Post #1,467 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please, please, please!!! Everyone quit discussing our newly banned member, or what you think might be the reasons for the ban, or what you like or don't like about him, whether the ban will be temporary or permanent, etc. We have a rule that prohibits discussing banned members or the reasons therefore, and this is a perfect illustration as to why we have that rule in place. I'm trying to clean up this thread, and every time I delete a couple of posts, more keep sprouting up! Stop already. Sometimes what you see isn't the fully story, and members can be banned for rule violations that have nothing to do with their posting history.

Is he a member of a krautrock band?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 22, 2010 at 9:20 AM Post #1,469 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is he a member of a krautrock band?
very_evil_smiley.gif

He might be in a band called Autobahn.

(Note: The sole exception to the rule about not discussing banned members is to make an irresistible reference to The Big Lebowski. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.)

Jan 22, 2010 at 1:34 PM Post #1,470 of 3,971
BACK TO THE T1:

Yesterday I got to spend a day where the T1 got a lot of head time again, which I hadn't had in about 10 days due to a bunch of business travel. I wondered what my thoughts would be after a "layoff" from it.

Well, my thoughts are once again that this may well be my personally favorite headphone ever. Yes, I have always cottoned to Beyer cans, so maybe this is no surprise, but there is just something so very RIGHT sounding to me about the sound of music via the T1. I wish I could express it more clearly, but with the T1, music just FLOWS in a very effortless way - I don't end up focusing on this or that part of the sound spectrum - I end up completely drawn into the music.

I wish I could use open cans more than just at work - I would get to use the T1 even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back