Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1
Aug 9, 2010 at 10:41 AM Post #3,646 of 3,971

Quote:
Hope for what and why?

that the T5p will be the closed headphone to rule all closed headphones. 
biggrin.gif

i think i'm not alone when i say the 600 ohm closed version is what folks are holding out for...

Aug 9, 2010 at 11:21 AM Post #3,647 of 3,971
I'd prefer a ~120 ohm version. 600 ohm isn't the holy grail.

Aug 9, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #3,651 of 3,971

Quote:
Again, If T1's highs sounds roll-off, that's mostly because amp's output stage not "fast", or "sensitive" enough.

Not meaning to be mean, but is what you're saying, unabashed fact, or your opinion.

Quote:
A closed version of the T1. But with the 32 ohm driver instead of the 600 ohm driver...not much hope for that...so my D7000s are safe.

I totally agree with this. Members says that the 7000's highs are fake and tweaked. If that is so, then that's the way that I like
them. Of course it helps to have them completely re-wired with Siltech wire.

Aug 11, 2010 at 6:45 AM Post #3,653 of 3,971
Quite interesting. It seems that the cross-feed (binaural processing) cannot be defeated though.

I'm not sure that this is the right thread or forum. This would be a good thread in the Full-size Amp Forum.

Aug 11, 2010 at 7:02 AM Post #3,654 of 3,971
Cooperpwc – Yes, I only presented the basic information about amp helpful for T1. The cross-feed is very simple form of BP. This is much more sophisticated solution, this is produced by circuit. The only one drawback is that BP is not possible to switch off, it works permanently because it is pure circuit insight. I sent complete info because there is no description in English language (all is in Czech language) so I did good work for people who are interested.

Aug 11, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #3,657 of 3,971
[size=11pt]This amp costs cca. 1,200 euro, but all depends on the exchange between Czech koruna, euro and dollar. When the ratio between dollar and koruna was 21 KČ for one dollar, the price was different. The Casea Lyra mk2 amp with DAC costs (as I said) at about 1000 dollars or 850 euro, so there the price is very attractive.[/size][size=11pt]This amp costs cca. 1,200 euro, but all depends on the exchange between Czech koruna, euro and dollar. When the ratio between dollar and koruna was 21 KČ for one dollar, the price was different. The Casea Lyra mk2 amp with DAC costs (as I said) at about 1000 dollars or 850 euro, so there the price is very attractive.[/size][size=11pt]This amp costs cca. 1,200 euro, but all depends on the exchange between Czech koruna, euro and dollar. When the ratio between dollar and koruna was 21 KČ for one dollar, the price was different. The Casea Lyra mk2 amp with DAC costs (as I said) at about 1000 dollars or 850 euro, so there the price is very attractive.[/size]

Aug 12, 2010 at 11:30 AM Post #3,658 of 3,971
"the price is very attractive"

Well, it doesn't attract me even remotely, that's for sure. :wink:

Aug 12, 2010 at 12:01 PM Post #3,659 of 3,971
Just a few thoughts on the T1's sound signature. I just got a SS amp for a new bedroom rig (Headroom Micro Amp) and I thought I'd pop in my T1s. First off, on High Gain, this little wonder can power them to ear-splitting levels (with a pretty good sound to boot). Anything past 11 o'clock is just too loud.

But I thought some have called the T1's bright and maybe my gear (tube amp and Kimber Hero cables) where contributing to the "warm" sound I was getting. So the first thing I did was experiment with silver interconnects. Unfortunately I really liked them
confused.gif
....$300 later Kimber Silver Streaks have replaced my copper Kimber Heros RCA interconnects. The T1s responded by not sounding as warm or lush, but in the end they still had a tinge of warmth.

So now I thought, maybe the tube amp. I rolled my 5751 tube from the really warm Sovtek to the neutral Sylvania Grey Plate Triple Mica NOS and the T1s still sounded slightly warm (although warmer with the Sovtek tube).

This morning I tried out the Headroom Micro Amp and well, they are little less warm than my tube amp....but nonetheless slightly on the lush side of neutral.

In conclusion:

1.) Hat's off to Headroom for such a neat little amp that has gobs of power and is very versatile...from IEMs on Low Gain to 600 ohm full sized beyers on High Gain.

2.) I still hear the T1s as slightly on the warm side of neutral. But I guess my opinion is coming from an HD800/RS1 owner who enjoyed the K701s/DT880s (all slightly on the bright side of neutral IMO).

Aug 12, 2010 at 12:37 PM Post #3,660 of 3,971

Quote:
Just a few thoughts on the T1's sound signature. I just got a SS amp for a new bedroom rig (Headroom Micro Amp) and I thought I'd pop in my T1s. First off, on High Gain, this little wonder can power them to ear-splitting levels (with a pretty good sound to boot). Anything past 11 o'clock is just too loud.

But I thought some have called the T1's bright and maybe my gear (tube amp and Kimber Hero cables) where contributing to the "warm" sound I was getting. So the first thing I did was experiment with silver interconnects. Unfortunately I really liked them
confused.gif
....$300 later Kimber Silver Streaks have replaced my copper Kimber Heros RCA interconnects. The T1s responded by not sounding as warm or lush, but in the end they still had a tinge of warmth.

So now I thought, maybe the tube amp. I rolled my 5751 tube from the really warm Sovtek to the neutral Sylvania Grey Plate Triple Mica NOS and the T1s still sounded slightly warm (although warmer with the Sovtek tube).

This morning I tried out the Headroom Micro Amp and well, they are little less warm than my tube amp....but nonetheless slightly on the lush side of neutral.

In conclusion:

1.) Hat's off to Headroom for such a neat little amp that has gobs of power and is very versatile...from IEMs on Low Gain to 600 ohm full sized beyers on High Gain.

2.) I still hear the T1s as slightly on the warm side of neutral. But I guess my opinion is coming from an HD800/RS1 owner who enjoyed the K701s/DT880s (all slightly on the bright side of neutral IMO).

Peter have you tried any GE5751. I used them in my CJ amp and found them to be very nice tubes and now they are in great demand. I believe my T1 sounds right. I would say the Denon is warmer or what some might say a little dark. I think the T1 just sounds very natural to me on both the tube and ss amps I have. Better with 6Dj8 than the 6922 but I seem to be getting some poor 6DJ8 and I will order from my ols reliable tube dealer and I also have some new EH6922 coming.The denon sound really good with the 6922 and the T1 better with the 6Dj8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back