Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1
Aug 8, 2010 at 2:50 PM Post #3,631 of 3,971

Quote:
Sorry for offtopic

This is stereophile's HD800 measure

http://stereophile.com/headphones/sennheiser_hd800_headphones/index4.html

Very different to headroom's

That's impedance and phase over various frequencies, not frequency response.

Aug 8, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #3,632 of 3,971

Quote:
I wouldn't say overly bright, but they sound bright to me, in the same way 880s do.

No issues, it wasn't you I was referring to...the person knows who they are
wink.gif

But still, I would call them on the slightly warm side of neutral. But that's what I'm hearing.

Aug 8, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #3,633 of 3,971
to my ears, the T1s exemplify the  "slightly warm headphone", MH.
the sound is pleasant, and inviting.

treble is slightly rolled off, and i just can't hear with my ears how someone could call the T1 bright.

to my ears, the treble is the biggest area of change moving from the DT880 to the T1.

Aug 8, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #3,634 of 3,971

Quote:
to my ears, the T1s exemplify the  "slightly warm headphone", MH.
the sound is pleasant, and inviting.

treble is slightly rolled off, and i just can't hear with my ears how someone could call the T1 bright.

to my ears, the treble is the biggest area of change moving from the DT880 to the T1.

My T1's did become less warm when I switched my I/C's from Kimber Hero RCAs to Kimber Silver Streak RCAs, but still warm. I guess you and I might be less susceptible to the 10K peak than others? I am certainly more prone to hear the 6K peak on the HD800s. Both are amazing...though not perfect. But then again....what is?

Aug 8, 2010 at 10:26 PM Post #3,638 of 3,971
Every time I see the title of this thread, I think, "Wow, they've got a headphone coming out?"  Then I remember, "Wait a minute, I had a T1 before selling it to somebody else."  This happens practically every other day.  You'd think I'd learn.

Aug 8, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #3,640 of 3,971

Quote:
Haha. They do have a new one coming out. The t5p.

But, chances are if you didn't like the t1, then this one shouldn't excite you too much either.

It uses the 32 ohm drivers...so I'm not holding out much hope either. So my D7000s are safe for my closed set of headphones.

Aug 9, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #3,641 of 3,971

Quote:
"Serious roll off" sounds like a pretty big problem.....  what headphones are you comparing the T-1s to?

IYO what headphones don't exhibit this roll off?

And, could you explain why some would say the roll off is a lack of coloration?

Hi Eric, in a lot of threads, people say that what some people hear as treble roll off, is really lack of coloration in the headphone.
In other words, they say they should sound like that, and when they don't, the top end is falsely colored. Not sure if I agree with that, but to each his own. I have found the T-1's and the LCD-2's to be lacking in the top end. Doesn't mean that I don't like them, though.
Different headphones exhibit different attributes which might make up for their shortcomings.

Headphones comparing them too? HD-800's, R-10's, HE-5LE's, K1000's, ESW-10's, 7000's, etc.

Aug 9, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #3,644 of 3,971
Quote:
It uses the 32 ohm drivers...so I'm not holding out much hope either.

Hope for what and why?

Aug 9, 2010 at 9:47 AM Post #3,645 of 3,971
They will sound good?

Wouldn´t worry to much about that. There is many low impedance headphones that sound good.
Wonder why beyer should not be able to produce such? But they may require different amps of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back