Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1
Jan 24, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #1,516 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He bought a new soldering station and changed the way he puts the cables together, and this is what my current Warren Audio Double Helix HD800 cable looks like now, before and after hot glue to protect the wires inside the HD800 connector. I can say it is better than with my original cable from last summer):

This next one is the wiring inside the ear cup connector after hot glue was added:

Wow, you aren't paying money for this crap? So he's moved from melting the connectors enough to destroy them to soldering like a 5 year old, not a real improvement if you ask me except they might actually conduct electricity now. You are also all aware what "magical" wires there are in the first pictures? Cheap magnet wire sold by the pound at any electronics store...

Jan 25, 2010 at 12:06 AM Post #1,517 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, you aren't paying money for this crap? So he's moved from melting the connectors enough to destroy them to soldering like a 5 year old, not a real improvement if you ask me except they might actually conduct electricity now. You are also all aware what "magical" wires there are in the first pictures? Cheap magnet wire sold by the pound at any electronics store...

Hey, it makes the HD800 much better sounding - fills in the bass and improves the detail and transparency. So, if they sound better and don't fall apart I'm happy. That's a pretty tight space to solder and make it fit inside those HD800 connectors. When I broke my first cable, it took me several hours to get the connectors soldered in a way that would not short out against the inside of the connector. It's not easy at all. And, why are you using the word magical? I must have missed the reference to that before.

Jan 25, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #1,518 of 3,971
It's magical in that it actually affects peoples' minds enough for them to think that it is better than the HD800 stock cable, which was actually soldered properly and doesn't use cheap magnet wire at an electronics store.

Jan 25, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #1,519 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by mypasswordis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's magical in that it actually affects peoples' minds enough for them to think that it is better than the HD800 stock cable, which was actually soldered properly and doesn't use cheap magnet wire at an electronics store.

I agree that the cable is made cheaply, but lets not get into the cable/sound debate here, especially since neither of us have heard them in HA's system.

Jan 25, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #1,520 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElephantTLK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am thinking of buying this headpone. And this is where my headphone journey ends... For a long long time... So do you guys think that its worth to buy this? I have DT880 (2005, 250ohm) and HD595, HD650 (2008)...
But i want to go to level higher. I love DT880 but i need more bass.
So what do you think guys. Should i pull the trigger?

One more question. Is it possible to pay through wire transfer or what are other options? Because i have limit on my credit card (500€) and i cant pay with cc...
Advance payment? Please explain...

Being a former DT880 (2005, 250ohm version also) and a current T1 owner, I can confirm that the T1s are better in every way to the DT880s. They do everything better!

Please note that they do not have more bass quantity than the DT880s, although the quality is quite a bit better. But if you "need more bass" as you wrote, then might I recommend you have a listen to the Denon D7000s?

If you're looking for a neutral top 2-3 headphone with great detail retrieval, awesome deep bass, great silky mids and incredible treble that is not overly analytical but very musical, then I would jump on the T1s!

So long answer short, yes I would pull the trigger...oh wait, I did.
beerchug.gif

Jan 25, 2010 at 11:21 AM Post #1,521 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Palpatine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder how long it will be before they go up in price. Some have even said they may go down. Either way it sounds like they are worth every penny.
It's be nice getting Beyers back in my collection again.

I'll get my T1 for only USD 950 incl. shipping here in Germany. BUT according to my dealer, I'll still have to wait... and that makes me sad.
frown.gif

Has anyone tried out organ music with the T1 so far?
Some people say that this is the weak point of the T1.

Jan 25, 2010 at 1:58 PM Post #1,522 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Der Germane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll get my T1 for only USD 950 incl. shipping here in Germany. BUT according to my dealer, I'll still have to wait... and that makes me sad.
frown.gif

Has anyone tried out organ music with the T1 so far?
Some people say that this is the weak point of the T1.

Sorry dude, organ music is not one on my "regular" playlist...but they have excelled at pretty much every thing I have thrown at them.

Jan 25, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #1,523 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Warren Audio:

That solder job was done ages ago, and was at cause to a horrid soldering gun and very little sleep.

I fell asleep once while driving my motorhome. It nearly killed me. Thankfully, the shoulder of the road was banked in my favor because I was driving through a mountain pass at the time, and the embankment partially righted my wrong, or at least prevented my rig from tumbling down a rather steep falloff. Still lots of damage but not a complete catastrophe. I was just happy to survive. One can recover from such things but they tend to stay with you for a while.

Jan 25, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #1,524 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I fell asleep once while driving my motorhome. It nearly killed me. Thankfully, the shoulder of the road was banked in my favor because I was driving through a mountain pass at the time, and the embankment partially righted my wrong, or at least prevented my rig from tumbling down a rather steep falloff. Still lots of damage but not a complete catastrophe. I was just happy to survive. One can recover from such things but they tend to stay with you for a while.

I've seen studies that have shown that sleep deprivation during driving can be worse than the effects of alcohol.

Jan 25, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #1,525 of 3,971
"but lets not get into the cable/sound debate here, especially since neither of us have heard them in HA's system"

No debate, just facts: stick with the stock cable of your expensive headphones!

I really enjoy this forum, even if I have to struggle with my English it offers unique information and experience. But even outside the voodoo-section, people post voodoo-stuff: I'm fighting through an eloquent, enjoyable review of HD800, T1 or Stax just to read how it can all be changed with cables, painted CDs, digital-nonsense...

Stop it, right now!!!!!! I think we can make this message board a better place when we show these "voodoo-business-people" that they're not welcome here! Otherwise it will go on forever. No more: "I'm sure YOU can hear the difference" or "it's ok as long as you're happy with it"... Sure, it's not the kindest, neither the most convenient way but isn't it worth it if only one future HD800 or T1-owner can be saved from paying one cent for this crap!?

Jan 25, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #1,526 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...I think we can make this message board a better place when we show these "voodoo-business-people" that they're not welcome here!

As a long-time member I would rather see Head-Fi free of narrow-minded and intolerant people with your kind of ideologic preconception.

I for one do appreciate any kind of advice how to improve the sound of headphones. And despite my love for the HD 800 (which possibly will get a new cable some time) I'm a bit interested in the new Beyerdynamic flagship. Just a normal, non-binding curiosity so far.
wink.gif

Jan 25, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #1,527 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaZZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As a long-time member I would rather see Head-Fi free of narrow-minded and intolerant people with your kind of ideologic preconception.

x2. Regarding audio voodoo worship and cable role bashers, I consider both as fanatic while the latter camp is usually more aggressive. That makes me think.

Jan 25, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #1,529 of 3,971
Nobody is "narrow-minded" only because he/she does not see an improvement by this whole voodoo-stuff like recabling, etc.

It is just a fact that headphone recabling is nothing else than a religion based on technological terms. There is no scientific proof that recabling a headphone makes a better sound.

As I've often said:

There is no improvement by changing cables except maybe a better shielding where needed. For some distances and setups maybe another cross-section can be an improvement, too. Changing digital cables makes this thing even more absurd.

This debate is very necessary, I think, because most people behave as if we were living in mediaeval times.

A record is the primary source for good or bad sound quality, then the headphones and loudspeakers do matter as well, after that the amp and player matters, but not so much... the cables here are simply not important.

This is my personal experience and I'd rather buy my sixteenth pair of new headphones than spending money for this recabling voodoo s**t.

Well, the freedom of speech allows everybody to babble such things that praise audio-voodoo, but it allows me to criticise it, too, I think.

I definitely will never recable any of my headphones. I've tried it together with some friends some time ago and it was one of the biggest jokes I've ever experienced.

Jan 25, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #1,530 of 3,971
X4. Stomping out intolerance one X at a time. Nice post, JaZZ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back