Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1
Jan 25, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #1,531 of 3,971
So you want this to be a pleasant place for average members as well as people who betray and rip-off others with false statements and worthless products instead of having a real debate to rule out false information?

What's when I would say I can tune your HD800 by sending it to me and paying me 100$ so that I put a "HD900"-sticker on it? Would I be still a tolerated member because you don't HAVE to send me your HD800?

I don't know, I look at these pictures of cables and I'm angry and don't think we can continue as we did - but maybe we need two message boards...
beyersmile.png

Jan 25, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #1,532 of 3,971
So long as we can do it w/o insulting those who differ in their opinions.
Back to the T1 now...
Is there already an alternative leather pad option for these babies??

Jan 25, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #1,533 of 3,971
Folks, let's all try to talk about the T1 again. If there isn't anything more that you wish to add about the subject at hand, the T1, then kindly don't.

Let's try not to take this thread down any more side roads and unnecessary detours. Since so few people have actually heard the T1 at this point, it has already become difficult to sift through this thread for solid impressions that might be useful to interested observers.

It's understandable that everyone is excited about the product, so of course there will be side discussions, but we really don't need to solve the "great cable debate" (as I like to call it). Not here, not now. We have the Sound Science forum for those who enjoy arguing with each other ad nauseam about such matters (until they begin to bore even themselves).

Jan 25, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #1,534 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Palpatine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So long as we can do it w/o insulting those who differ in their opinions.
Back to the T1 now...
Is there already an alternative leather pad option for these babies??

The standard Beyerdynamic leather pads will work on these as the diameter of the cup ring is the same as the other Beyers. They are $45 for a set.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Jan 25, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #1,535 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you want this to be a pleasant place for average members as well as people who betray and rip-off others with false statements and worthless products instead of having a real debate to rule out false information?

The level of generalization in your statements is above absurd. At least name people and products. How many different cables and headphones have you tried to re-cable just for your curiosity? I guess none. This fact is shouting out from each of your posts. Quote:

What's when I would say I can tune your HD800 by sending it to me and paying me 100$ so that I put a "HD900"-sticker on it? Would I be still a tolerated member because you don't HAVE to send me your HD800?

It depends on the value and looks of the sticker, especially whether the customer likes it for the money he/she paid. Quote:

I don't know, I look at these pictures of cables and I'm angry and don't think we can continue as we did - but maybe we need two message boards...
beyersmile.png

For me this thread is fully informative in regards of the Tesla 1 headphone when the impressions regard a piece with the stock cable however some comparisons with a custom re-cabled T1 will be appreciated as well.

Jan 25, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #1,536 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by drubrew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The standard Beyerdynamic leather pads will work on these as the diameter of the cup ring is the same as the other Beyers. They are $45 for a set.

Good to know...I bet they'll look super sexy with leather pads on.

Jan 25, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #1,537 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Palpatine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good to know...I bet they'll look super sexy with leather pads on.

Probably. But they may not sound super. The leather pads have a profound effect on sound. And WHICH leather pad especially. The ones you can buy from the US store, which are made for the Aviation models, sound horrid on any of the audio headphones. The ones Beyer actually made for audio are only available on the manufacture site.

I will eventually try the JMoney pads, but I am pretty sure even those, which i love on the DT880, will yield too much bass with the T1. But I will get around to trying them soon.

Jan 26, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #1,540 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is the 995 price firm? If so, I will most likely buy one. The DT880 are my fav movie/gaming cans..

I just put in an order with Todd Friday and that was what I was quoted.

I just returned some DT880's and an Astro mixamp that I bought for gaming. Really an unbelievable set-up, sounded way better than any other solution I'd tried yet but the amount of cables stretching across my living room and from the mixamp to my DT880, mic, controller were just not worth the hassle. Sound was incredible but I'm just not going to break all that out when I want to play.

Jan 26, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #1,541 of 3,971
What's even more interesting is that headphone makers are pandering to this trend. The T1s cable is seriously beefy, like at the Grado i series of overkill. But I digress... and these digressions are not welcome, since not one of the head-fi moderators could be interpreted as a cable non-believer
wink.gif

Latest word still has early February as the delivery estimate, I'm eagerly counting down
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 26, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #1,542 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

beyersmile.png

So let me guess, you've never tried recabling, ever?

It does make a difference, whether that difference be positive or negative, it does exist. Yes, recables are EXTREMELY overpriced, but if people like the difference they make and don't mind paying exorbitant prices for them then what business is it of yours.

Also, in the future, TRY THINGS BEFORE YOU SAY THE DIFFERENCES THEY CLAIM TO MAKE ARE FAKE.

I bet you wouldn't believe replacing the D5000 wood cups with deeper wood cups would make a difference, nor would replacing the stock pads with thicker, angled pads, but guess what, it makes a MASSIVE difference.

Jan 26, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #1,543 of 3,971
Yet another thread derailed by this type of debate.

Just as an fyi to all, definitions, in relevant part, of "opinion" and "fact" (from Webster's):

Opinion

1 a : a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter b : approval, esteem
2 a : belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge b : a generally held view

Fact

1 : a thing done: as a obsolete : feat b : crime <accessory after the fact> c archaic : action
3 : the quality of being actual : actuality <a question of fact hinges on evidence>
4 a : something that has actual existence <space exploration is now a fact> b : an actual occurrence <prove the fact of damage>
5 : a piece of information presented as having objective reality
— in fact : in truth

Jan 27, 2010 at 1:41 AM Post #1,544 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yet another thread derailed by this type of debate.

Yup - in spite of repeated requests for people to leave the cable debate alone. It would be fine for someone who actually HAD a T1 recabled to offer an opinion. For everyone else, it ruins a good thread discussing this headphone.

Anyway, I was asked this question in PM, but thought I would answer it here, since it may be of general interest, and it was a fairly in-depth question:

Quote:

I recently spent some time with a 2005 DT880/250 and was impressed with them although a tad more bass would have been nice. I own a pair of D5000 and HF-2 and like the bass on both but especially the proximity of the vocals.

Can you shed some light on T1's mid range and vocal presentation for me (especially female vocals)? I'm thinking of ordering a pair but would like to know how they sound in relation to other cans I like that have a more forward vocal presentation? What do they share with the 880's and what separates the two?

The T1 have a "wetter" or lusher midrange than the DT880. I always thought the DT880's mids were admirably neutral, but a bit dry. The T1 still come across as being essentially neutral, but vocals have more weight and body, and seem more natural as a result. They really sound more like they are coming from an actual body singing than any other headphones I have heard, actually. I think vocal performance in general, and female vocals specifically (which I also love), as being an real point of strength for the T1's. I like them much better than the Denon D7000 in this regard, and even than my beloved JVC DX1000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back