Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Jul 6, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #721 of 4,487
Love mine,
darthsmile.gif

got them for 400 bucks new, 
great deal!

Jul 7, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #723 of 4,487
I bought them from ebay, in fact it was open box

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyerdynamic-T-90-Open-Dynamic-Headphone-250-Ohm-SAVE-BIG-/121139097975?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item1c3473f177

great deal, perfect product 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 26, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #725 of 4,487
I just received my t90 today and I couldn't be happier. I like it better an HD 800. Silky highs very smooth. I really didn't expect it to sound good. seems like it only took a few hours to break in substantially. Have it playing overnight.

Jul 26, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #728 of 4,487
Hey peeps!

I recently got a pair of DT880's and despite everyone predicting I would not like them, I really love the sound. I also really love the single sided cable. (I may be one of the few people who do).

Reading through this thread for comparisons of the T90 with the DT880 (please correct me if I'm wrong), most people are reporting that the T90 is a bit warmer in the mids and with better bass performance.

This sounds great to me, but one thing I wanted to check: with the DT880 I can sometimes get a bit of ear fatigue with the treble after a long listen. I don't actually find them sibilant, just after a while my ears start to feel a little tired. With the T90, is this worse, about the same, or better? 

I understand I cannot get a conclusive opinion since everyone's ears are different, but I'd love some more comparisons :)

Jul 26, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #729 of 4,487
I had ZERO problems with harsh treble with the T90's, and i'm very sensitive to harshness, hence my love for LCD-2's.. I had to sell those, when I wish I didn't... they're seriously brilliant in every way. Buy a pair. 

Jul 26, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #730 of 4,487
Quote:
Hey peeps!

I recently got a pair of DT880's and despite everyone predicting I would not like them, I really love the sound. I also really love the single sided cable. (I may be one of the few people who do).

Reading through this thread for comparisons of the T90 with the DT880 (please correct me if I'm wrong), most people are reporting that the T90 is a bit warmer in the mids and with better bass performance.

This sounds great to me, but one thing I wanted to check: with the DT880 I can sometimes get a bit of ear fatigue with the treble after a long listen. I don't actually find them sibilant, just after a while my ears start to feel a little tired. With the T90, is this worse, about the same, or better? 

I understand I cannot get a conclusive opinion since everyone's ears are different, but I'd love some more comparisons :)

The treble on the T90 was much worse for me personally. I don't have any troubles with the DT880 treble but the T90 was a different beast . I got alot of sibliance and sometimes the treble was so overbearing that it completely overshadowed the rest of the soundspectrum. I never heard treble dominance like that before. Even after 200-300 hours of burn in and weeks of brain burn in the treble didn't change for the better. Besides that i found the T90 mids to be a bit strange, i prefer the DT880 (2003). T90 mids are better for male vocals than female vocals. Everybody seems to call wonky mids "warm" nowadays.

Jul 26, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #731 of 4,487
I'm torn between these and the T1.

On one hand I don't want to just pay for marketing or the catering to those who feel what cost the most $$$ is the best and most prestigious simply because it costs more, on the other hand I do want the best and will pay the extra money if it really does make the product better in quality not just in perception. I don't want to feel I am missing something and should have just paid more to get it. But if that something is only the last 10% then that is worth 10% more in price, not double! (50%)

Sigh.
confused.gif

EDIT: Screw it, I'm going with the T1's. I've restrained myself for 7 years since I've gotten into hi fi headphones and even if the difference is incremental (and I've read plenty of posts that it is much more than that, a whole other league) I want to have the best presentation of the sound signature that I enjoy.

Jul 26, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #732 of 4,487
Quote:
The treble on the T90 was much worse for me personally. I don't have any troubles with the DT880 treble but the T90 was a different beast . I got alot of sibliance and sometimes the treble was so overbearing that it completely overshadowed the rest of the soundspectrum. I never heard treble dominance like that before. Even after 200-300 hours of burn in and weeks of brain burn in the treble didn't change for the better. Besides that i found the T90 mids to be a bit strange, i prefer the DT880 (2003). T90 mids are better for male vocals than female vocals. Everybody seems to call wonky mids "warm" nowadays.

Thanks for that opinion biz...

One of the things I have on order are vinyl pads for the DT880. Since they will warm up the sound a fair bit I am curious as to whether it will make them more or less perfect for me..

Jul 26, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #733 of 4,487
I own a set of grado 325s so i know about piercing highs. I have trouble listening to headphones that do not have good highs. it just does not sound realistic to me. To me HD 800s do not reproduce high notes the way a good speaker would. The T90 does

Jul 26, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #735 of 4,487
Quote:
That must be an awful speaker
confused.gif

Come now. People are sensitive to different frequencies, and as you get older you get less sensitive to higher frequencies as well. It's entirely possible that you find the T90 piercing while someone else finds it smooth. That's why I wanted more than one opinion haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back