Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Jul 26, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #736 of 4,487
Quote:

Come now. People are sensitive to different frequencies, and as you get older you get less sensitive to higher frequencies as well. It's entirely possible that you find the T90 piercing while someone else finds it smooth. That's why I wanted more than one opinion haha.

Yes but i never heard a speaker that treble happy and i heard alot including studio monitors from 500-5000$. Plus Beyerdynamic has a product to product variation. I can't remember which BD it was but Tyll measured two models of the same headphone and the later one had less of a peak. I had one of the first T90s. Just saying. I also usually love treble, there are other headphones that are treble heavy that don't have the same problems as the T90s had for me.

Jul 26, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #738 of 4,487
I once to listened to a $30,000 set of Wilson audio "sophias" and I can tell you that there is no set of headphones will rival them. The music sounded liquid, as if it came from all over the room. Instruments emerged way beyond the speakers.

Jul 26, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #739 of 4,487
I once to listened to a $30,000 set of Wilson audio "sophias" and I can tell you that there is no set of headphones will rival them. The music sounded liquid, as if it came from all over the room. Instruments emerged way beyond the speakers.

Jul 26, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #741 of 4,487
really you can't argue this, everyone has different tastes. if you get used to a warm sounding dark headphone something with highs is going to kill you. my first headphone was the grado 325 and I got used to it in your face sound. My Senn. Was a bit of a let down because of this

Jul 26, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #743 of 4,487
Quote:

Yes but i never heard a speaker that treble happy and i heard alot including studio monitors from 500-5000$. Plus Beyerdynamic has a product to product variation. I can't remember which BD it was but Tyll measured two models of the same headphone and the later one had less of a peak. I had one of the first T90s. Just saying. I also usually love treble, there are other headphones that are treble heavy that don't have the same problems as the T90s had for me.

Have a look at this post in this thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/607079/beyerdynamic-t90-d/570#post_9354698
Speakers and headphones are very different in their interaction with the Human Auditory System.

Jul 26, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #744 of 4,487
what most people don't account for is the gear that they are using. Everyones system colors sound in a different way. someone may think that highs are smooth, where someone else will feel that they are piercing.

Jul 26, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #745 of 4,487
I very much account for the gear i'm using, probably alot more than 99% of the people here. I have no idea why you are obviously on a mission to derogate other peoples views which don't match yours. I have alot of experience with not only headphones for over ten years but also in audio engineering (not a hobby = people pay me for my ears), audio acoustics and psychoacoustics (sideeffect of learning how to properly mix a record) and everything related to Audio. But thanks for telling me i'm clueless and can't relate what i'm hearing...
rolleyes.gif

Jul 26, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #747 of 4,487
Quote:
That wasn't directed to you or anyone else on here. I was just making statement. I really don't care what you think. Your a little too touchy there mary.

Personally I think you have it backwards from what I've seen. People account too much for their gear. I've seen people argue that a set of headphones is amazing because they use xyz in their set up, and it makes them sound *amazing* because of synergy. It gets to the point where people say you can't hear the true potential of a headphone without having certain gear. It is actually kind of ridiculous. Because I've seen it get to a point where people say that you can't hear the full potential of a certain headphone without dropping an additional couple of hundred to thousands on equipment. 

This is no different with Beyers, which seem to be overall polarizing. 

Jul 26, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #748 of 4,487
I wasn't implying that the cost made all the difference. Just that all equipment has its own sound signature.the T90 thankfully sounds great on my system. ..I sent a lot of headphones back believe me wasn't saying" mine is better" what am I 12 yrs. Old?

Jul 26, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #749 of 4,487
I too make my living as an acoustic / audio professional, in particular the science of the human auditory system, audio signal processing and psycho-acoustics. And I've done my share of studio and live SR work. The interaction of headphones and the ear canal has a huge influence on perception of the headphone's spectral balance and sound quality. That accounts for a tremendous variance in a given headphone's reception by the various individuals, open back less so, closed back more so.

Jul 26, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #750 of 4,487
I really don't think we need to have a lengthy discussion about the idea that people hear thumbs differently. It's not exactly controversial despite the various small fires that start on Head Fi all the time.

I just want to be able to guess what the T90 might be like since there is nowhere I can try them beforehand (I think)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back