Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Jul 27, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #753 of 4,487
I've often expressed opinions on this site, with other posters shooting my opinion down, or attacking me.. My response? Nothing. Why? Because I don't let it bother me. If someone thinks my thoughts are incorrect, big deal. It's only a hobby.

Jul 27, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #754 of 4,487
Quote:
I've often expressed opinions on this site, with other posters shooting my opinion down, or attacking me.. My response? Nothing. Why? Because I don't let it bother me. If someone thinks my thoughts are incorrect, big deal. It's only a hobby.

One thing to remember is that personal preference is inviolate. There are some types of music that are not in my library, yet there are others that who enjoy those types and would not care for my preferences, as an example. Headphones, with the tremendous possibility of variation in interaction with the multiple shapes and sizes of pinna and ear canals are also as personal as shoes. I appreciate Migasson's opinions and approach to criticism, both receiving and giving.

Jul 27, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #755 of 4,487
Last few pages here were interesting to read.
I believe that although there are many variables in source and preference, we can still gain a general consensus of how a can may sound.
I also have a degree in recording audio arts but my career went off in another direction but I have gained a love of headphones more than expensive home audio, wich my father was very heavy into and subjected/acclimated me into lol.
Anyway my point is since there are many opinions and all are valid to a degree, I personally find it easier to use a comparison of another headphone in relation to the particular one being discussed, to better help gain an idea of how it sounds..
So I would say it has less treble sparkle than the T1, yet a more closer and clearer midrage or less expansive sound of the T1 while still sounding similar and also so similar in resolution I would go as far as to say same level although my time with the T1 was very limited.
It does not have that extra wide sound of an open can but still amazing in vocals.
I would say the sony m900 would be similar in soundstage, as both these are not as expansive as a T1 or a stax or a HD800.

So I found that more than one view is correct..
Also I found the T90 to sound better with my "little dot III " tube amp ,
Than with my O2 amp.
:)
P.S.
I have to thank all those that make headphone meets possible, as it speeds your own personal search for "the right can" .
I myself just made a change in what I thought was best for me.
I sold my wonderful open can T90 spound for a more intimate sound in the ath-w3000anv
:)

Jul 27, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #757 of 4,487
I'm just going to start hiring live acts to perform in my living room.  No, wait, someone will start telling me the act sounds better in their study.

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #758 of 4,487
Quote:
I'm just going to start hiring live acts to perform in my living room.  No, wait, someone will start telling me the act sounds better in their study.

I know that was meant to be a humorous jab at the discussion about our hearing preferences and differences but in reality, if the acoustics in the study were better than the acoustic of the living room, that would be a valid conclusion. There is a tendency to spend so much on equipment and forget the effects of the room, for speaker listening systems (or live acts.) Carefully selected furniture, room materials and room treatments can transform a listening space into something very accurate and special. Mastering rooms are designed with such in mind and are a joy to experience.

Jul 28, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #759 of 4,487
Quote:
I know that was meant to be a humorous jab at the discussion about our hearing preferences and differences but in reality, if the acoustics in the study were better than the acoustic of the living room, that would be a valid conclusion. There is a tendency to spend so much on equipment and forget the effects of the room, for speaker listening systems (or live acts.) Carefully selected furniture, room materials and room treatments can transform a listening space into something very accurate and special. Mastering rooms are designed with such in mind and are a joy to experience.

Touche'!!  
wink.gif
  As a matter of fact, I'm on the verge of building an addition for a home theater, as suiting sound to rooms is indeed a frustrating venture best left to professionals.

Jul 30, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #760 of 4,487
Quote:

Touche'!!  
wink.gif
  As a matter of fact, I'm on the verge of building an addition for a home theater, as suiting sound to rooms is indeed a frustrating venture best left to professionals.

If you are serious about building a sound controlled space you should invest a few dollars in one of the F. Alton Everest books such as Sound Studio Construction on a Budget. Even if you don't do the work yourself, it will help you in selecting and getting the most from a professional.

Jul 30, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #761 of 4,487
Quote:
If you are serious about building a sound controlled space you should invest a few dollars in one of the F. Alton Everest books such as Sound Studio Construction on a Budget. Even if you don't do the work yourself, it will help you in selecting and getting the most from a professional.

Thanks for the advice!!

Aug 5, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #762 of 4,487
NCIX Canada currently has these in stock for 499$ (585$ after tax+shipping).  I ordered mine from AV Shop on June 8th for 509$ (with tax+shipping) & have been waiting for them to come back in stock.  Not sure if I want to wait any longer.

Aug 8, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #763 of 4,487
Hi all, I've actually read every single page of this post while deciding if I wanted to buy the T90s. Today I had a listen and was impressed, but not sold. I used my RWAK100 as a source playing lossless files of various bit depth into my Bottlehead Crack.

To me, the T90s sounded a lot like my HD650s, but with the added detail and resolution that the HD650s can lack. I loved their imaging and balance across all frequencies, but I can definitely relate to comments about the treble peak and I definitely found some issues with the 8-10kHz range on certain recordings - not ear destroying, but also not enjoyable.

I have 2 questions I'd love your input on:

• Does the treble soften slightly with burn-in?
  • Are the T1 more laid-back in the treble while maintaining the other attributes of the T90?

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #764 of 4,487
I would suggest that the T90 is better value. I had mine amped by a WA22, and it was far from harsh. T1 was better, but did,not justify the price difference. Mind you, my source is vinyl, not that high res digital stuff.

Aug 8, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #765 of 4,487
I would suggest that the T90 is better value. I had mine amped by a WA22, and it was far from harsh. T1 was better, but did,not justify the price difference. Mind you, my source is vinyl, not that high res digital stuff.

Thanks for the impressions. Would you say they smooth out a bit with burn-in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back