Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
May 27, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #661 of 4,487
Quote:

That's one of the reasons. I don't like his style but even more important is I own or have reviewed several headphones he made a video of and I just can not agree with his findings at all. Of course I haven't watched all his videos, so I'm sure I would agree with some of them but just can't place him under the "to be trusted to buy" category. sorry :)

I disagree with your reasoning, though you are entitled to have it. We are all individuals, we will disagree every once in a while. For example the T90 weren't the only headphones I bought partly based on his review. Another one was the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro, I didn't like these, I disagree that they sounded close to the Audio-Technica ATH-M50. So I wound up returning them, but I don't think I can justly say I don't trust him because of that. I've never agreed 100% on every review from anyone before.

May 27, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #662 of 4,487
Quote:

I disagree with your reasoning, though you are entitled to have it. We are all individuals, we will disagree every once in a while. For example the T90 weren't the only headphones I bought partly based on his review. Another one was the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro, I didn't like these, I disagree that they sounded close to the Audio-Technica ATH-M50. So I wound up returning them, but I don't think I can justly say I don't trust him because of that. I've never agreed 100% on every review from anyone before.

I did agree with his T90 review, I'm just saying that in general I don't follow his reasoning. Your COP vs M50 reference is an excellent example. Of course there's hardly a review you agree 100% on, but with him I have more "no's" than "yes's". sorry :)

Jun 4, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #663 of 4,487
Hey guys, 

I want to upgrade from my D2000s and am debating buying either this headphone or Sennheiser HD650s. 

I'm looking at something which is a big step up from the D2000s in terms of detail and soundstage. I purchased a pair of K701s but returned them as I felt they lacked body and impact, and sounded very artificial. I've avoided the Beyer 880s because I've heard they are also a bit lacking in "fun", but the T90 from what I've read in this thread appears to be a little more lively and musical. 

I listen to mostly what you might call "experimental" rock--Boris, Swans, Sonic Youth, Radiohead, Tom Waits--and a lot of late 50s/60s jazz. Amp is a Woo Audio WA6. 

Can someone who has experience with both cans elaborate on the differences, and recommend which one might suit me better? Or if there's a totally different pair I should be looking at :)

Jun 5, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #664 of 4,487
I would choose the HD650 in that case. For the genres you mentioned I think it fits best if I had to choose between my T70/T90/DT990 and HD650. It's the best for your rock and matches great with the WA6

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #665 of 4,487
Quote:
I would choose the HD650 in that case. For the genres you mentioned I think it fits best if I had to choose between my T70/T90/DT990 and HD650. It's the best for your rock and matches great with the WA6

I guess I should say I don't listen to rock exclusively by any means. I listen to a lot of electronic music (deep house, UK garage, minimal techno) as well and some hip-hop. I should again emphasize that clarity, detail and soundstage are the most important features to me.

Where do you think the T90 is strongest?

Jun 5, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #666 of 4,487
My two cents.. I've heard the T90/WA6 and didn't find it lacking with any of those genres you like, in fact, your's and my tastes in music are very similar wilcaz, that's to my ears anyway.

Jun 12, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #667 of 4,487
I have to disagree the HD650 is nowhere close to having anything of merit next to the T90 and to me the hd650 sounds dull and lifeless.
Sorry to be so strong I know they are highly regarded but technically and musically there were only two cans at last headphone meet I attended that struck a strongest sonic impression of liveliness and musicality and they were the Senn HD800 and these T90.

I own these T90 for over a month now and it is just spectacular with my tube amp. Before it sounded slightly cold with my O2 and made me doubt my purchase as I first herd them on beyer's excellent amp, so I would say these cans are too revealing so they need a nice sounding amp to sound best.

I remember comparing the T90 to the T1 and if I didn't know anything about Beyer I would have assumed that the T90 was their top model because of the liveliness of the female vocals. The T1 had more prominent yet refined trebles that actually distracted me from the music.
I consider the T90 their most musical open can.

Jun 12, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #669 of 4,487
I agree. I think the T90 are Beyer's real #1 headphone. At $1400 the T1 and T5p are to me just an experiment in marketing, a hook for all the foolish audio extremist impulse buyers.
The T5P is obviously the biggest joke; a $1,400 heaphone ment to use with an iPod or a cellphone? Seriously?
The real Beyerdynamic Tesla line up imho are the T90, T70/p and the T50p.

Jun 12, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #671 of 4,487
Interesting opinions considering a few think that the T90s are over-priced for what they offer.

Jun 12, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #673 of 4,487
$679.00? Come on beyer, you can do better than that! ...and I mean down not up in price. Now that headphones are very popular they think they can butt rape us. Well, not me! I'm not cheap either, I buy HD598 and give them away for free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back