Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
May 18, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #631 of 4,487
Quote:
How can we say theres not enough bass when they supposidly go as low as 5 hz? Perhaps there isn't that much bass in your music as you think?

Yes, that's the case. These headphones are pretty much flat to 20 hz according to graphs, and thats as low as effective human hearing goes. So, any lack or excess of bass is due to a track.  I even find my K701's to have a perfect amount of bass when listening to well recorded hi-res stuff which are bass light according to most people.

May 20, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #633 of 4,487
Quote:
How can we say theres not enough bass when they supposidly go as low as 5 hz? Perhaps there isn't that much bass in your music as you think?

Well, with my D7000 there is enough bass on my music :D
But perhaps it's not enough bass for me, cause they are open cans.

But there is still the "too much highs" effect for me what remains.

May 22, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #635 of 4,487
May 22, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #637 of 4,487
Quote:

Sound good. I'll take it with a hint of doubt, since its a paid review after all, so they cant really trash it. Still, I'm yet to hear a Beyerdynamic headphone that I dont like, so I guess I'd like the T90 too. I'm hoping to save up for it soon and maybe replace my DT880 and K701 with it.

Manufacturers do not pay for reviews.  The products are submitted and  reviewers review the product. Curious as to where you came up with the idea that manufacturers pay for their products to be reviewed. Most reviewers review the gear not for money but for the passion of the hobby.  I have the T90 I am working on for this Beyerdynamic and I can assure you there has been no money paid for my review.  If a product merited some negative comments they would be included in my reviews.  I thought the review done by headfonia was excellent.

May 22, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #638 of 4,487
Quote:
Manufacturers do not pay for reviews.  The products are submitted and  reviewers review the product. Curious as to where you came up with the idea that manufacturers pay for their products to be reviewed. Most reviewers review the gear not for money but for the passion of the hobby.  I have the T90 I am working on for this Beyerdynamic and I can assure you there has been no money paid for my review.  If a product merited some negative comments they would be included in my reviews.  I thought the review done by headfonia was excellent.

Well, maybe paid review is a wrong expression. A paid-for-product review might be a better way to put it. A free sample for the reviewer who can keep it after the review is done.

May 22, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #639 of 4,487
Quote:
I don't think it's a paid review. Beyer just has their banners on the site, right?

Every product review from a site sponsor is paid in some way or other, that's the point of site sponsors, to finance the website. If someones money is feeding you, you will do what you can (without going over the top and making it too obvious) to keep that money coming in as long as possible. Its very naive to think otherwise.

But again, as I said, I've yet to hear a Beyerdynamic headphone that I don't like, so I trust that T90 is great as well.

May 22, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #640 of 4,487
Quote:

Every product review from a site sponsor is paid in some way or other, that's the point of site sponsors, to finance the website. If someones money is feeding you, you will do what you can (without going over the top and making it too obvious) to keep that money coming in as long as possible. Its very naive to think otherwise.

But again, as I said, I've yet to hear a Beyerdynamic headphone that I don't like, so I trust that T90 is great as well.

I see your point, but in that logic would that mean that Head-fi shares the same characteristics in regards to being (im)partial?. There's obviously money involved too.

May 22, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #641 of 4,487
Quote:

Well, maybe paid review is a wrong expression. A paid-for-product review might be a better way to put it. A free sample for the reviewer who can keep it after the review is done.

If I remember well, the headphone was there for a couple of months only? But anyway, I get your point. I just don't think a review has to be positive cause the producer has a banner on the site.

Back on topic. How great is that T90!!!

May 22, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #642 of 4,487
Quote:

I see your point, but in that logic would that mean that Head-fi shares the same characteristics in regards to being (im)partial?. There's obviously money involved too.

Well I don't think it applies to reviews on head-fi since they're mostly written by people who buy their own products. But i've written a negative review of a certain nuforce product a while ago after which a nuforce representative basically ripped me apart with his comment calling me inexperienced and a troll, and threatened me to "change my mind" or else "i'll suffer the consequences", after which I basically deleted my posts to get him off my back. Even though they're not a head-fi sponsor, companies will do all they can to keep people from thinking anything bad about their products, which might in any way affect their sales. I guess the sponsors would be even more direct and rigorous.

May 22, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #643 of 4,487
That's funny in a way. And I agree on the Head-fi user reviews. But it's not only users doing the reviews. Sorry for all the off topic talk everyone.

May 22, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #644 of 4,487
Well its been a while and my initial impressions remain that these are still very alive and impressive sounding cans,
and my personal view is that the mids are more intimate and alluring with nothing less over my memories of the T1 at headphone meet and so my personal view is the T90 is a more musical can over their top T1.
:)

May 22, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #645 of 4,487
Quote:

Reviewers do not get to keep the product. They are returned to the manufacturer of we can purchase the product if we choose too and in most cases nit even the demo unit. Where you can come up saying  tihat review get free samples is just plain wrong. The T9o.  I have here  has to be returned in June.   I just shipped a Stax 009 back to the manufacturer. Do you really think companies are in business to give out free review samples? Your a very naive person and not well informed.
biggrin.gif
  Plus we are responsible for the safe return also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back