Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Dec 5, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #4,426 of 4,487
I recently got my hands on a mint T90 Jubilee and they are great. I prefer them over the AKT1P and AKT5P. I did one mod test so far, I used my AKT1P pads (the same as T1.2) and put them on the T90s, it tamed the highs just a bit and they sound spectacular. I'm awaiting Dekoni fenestrated pads, looking forward on how they will sound on the T90s. My favorite is still my T1.1 (13K serial#) due to a wider soundstage and a more overall refined sound but the T90's are not far behind.

Dec 5, 2020 at 10:43 PM Post #4,427 of 4,487
I recently got my hands on a mint T90 Jubilee and they are great. I prefer them over the AKT1P and AKT5P. I did one mod test so far, I used my AKT1P pads (the same as T1.2) and put them on the T90s, it tamed the highs just a bit and they sound spectacular. I'm awaiting Dekoni fenestrated pads, looking forward on how they will sound on the T90s. My favorite is still my T1.1 (13K serial#) due to a wider soundstage and a more overall refined sound but the T90's are not far behind.

Try wearing the T90 at more forward position (i.e. back of ear flap touching the pad inner edges, making the driver dome not directly pointing to ears, better bass sealing behind ears) and the high will be juat right. You will also get better sense if sound stage depth this way. This is how I wear all my Beyer headphones.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #4,428 of 4,487
Dec 7, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #4,429 of 4,487
Dec 12, 2020 at 4:43 PM Post #4,430 of 4,487
I recently tried on my T90s the T1.1, T1.2 and Dekoni Elite fenestrated pads. T1.1 and Dekoni were pretty much as bright as stock pads. T1.2 was darker due to lesser holes in the backing of the pads compared to T1.1 and stock pads. I punched additional holes in the back of the T1.2 pads until it got bright enough. Spectacular results, the T90 now outperforms my T1.1 in overall balance. Details are all there, a tad less bright than T1.1 and more compliant on less than ideal recordings. It's just giving away some soundstage compared to T1 but still very good. I'm very pleased. Out of curiosity I ordered the Dekoni Elite Velour. I'll see how they sound on the T90 and on the AKT1P that I still struggle to find the right pads for them. So far the T90s with moded T1.2 pads outperform my T1.1 and AKT1P.

Dec 12, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #4,431 of 4,487
Which model number fits the T90?

I got the
HPAEC1540
but I read folks that had the 1840 as well with Beyer cans.

I mean honestly I'd think any of those would fit if they are on the same product page.

Jan 4, 2021 at 1:50 AM Post #4,432 of 4,487
Anyone bought any of the Dekoni replacement pads for their T90's that they would recommend? I saw Zero's review of all the pads on a bunch of DT series cans, but I'm not sure which of those cans are closest to the T90's.

Also is anyone able to share their Peace EQ settings, either file or just a screenshot, would appreciate it!

Jan 4, 2021 at 2:14 AM Post #4,433 of 4,487
Anyone bought any of the Dekoni replacement pads for their T90's that they would recommend? I saw Zero's review of all the pads on a bunch of DT series cans, but I'm not sure which of those cans are closest to the T90's.

Also is anyone able to share their Peace EQ settings, either file or just a screenshot, would appreciate it!
I am using Dekoni Audio Elite Velour earpad with T90, it is comfortable and does refine the treble, it still retain the original sound signature so it is refinment but not dramatic changes
IMG_5786.jpg
. I do not EQ, just play as it is and I am happy with it.

Jan 4, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #4,434 of 4,487
I have both the Elite Velour and the Elite Fenestrated. The Elite Velour tames the highs a bit, gives more bass but soundstage is narrower. Overall more enjoyable than the stock pads. With the Elite Fenestrated the soundstage is wider and deeper bass but the highs are pretty much the same as the stock pads. I find the overall sound less precise than with stock pads.

Jan 8, 2021 at 11:36 PM Post #4,435 of 4,487
Today I have received T1.2 OEM pads that are less fenestrated compared to T1.1 / T90 stock pads. Compared to T90 pads, the T1.2 pads on the T90 sound as wide, a little bit less harsh and the sound is a bit more in your face. Sounds pretty good and retains the character and neutrality of the T90. The Dekoni Elite Velour has a narrower soundstage, is less bright and provides more bass compared to the T1.2 pads. The Elite Velour is easier going while the T1.2 pads provide a more accurate and natural sound.

Jan 9, 2021 at 1:15 AM Post #4,436 of 4,487
I really like this playlist from Tidal, it make my T90 shine..
"100 Women run Conversion Rave"
Bass is so goood in this playlist....

Feb 3, 2021 at 10:57 PM Post #4,437 of 4,487
I previously wrote about the Dekoni choice suede pads on the T90's which I found better than any other pads. Soundstage remained intact, slight lower mids/mids boost. Didn't work with my Mullard tubes which were already leaning on too warm with the stock pads, but the sound was vastly improved with some GE JAN 5654W tubes,and with the stock pads I never listened on Solid State amps and now I don't mind. The high detail that are prized on these also remained intact but was tamed slightly which is what made them more flexible in regards to equipment. I even listened to them on my little Ultrasone NAOS DAC and they sound great.

Ohh, and did I mention, they're more comfortable.

These are definitely my pick of the pads, but it does depend on what you want. For me these largely evened out the frequency response of the headphones.

Feb 24, 2021 at 10:06 PM Post #4,438 of 4,487
So my T90's just broke ( the clips fell off so it can't hold the cans anymore. Curious if I should try finding a replacement or if there are any recommendations from going from here? Owned them nearly 8 years now and loved every minute of them, both low's and highs were great, so checking in to see if there's any recommendation for next step ( w/o a DAC as I use my PC ( Soundblaster X7 ) or if I should just attempt to repair/find a replacement.

I've no clue how these go back in as the clips keep falling apart when I put them back together. Attaching photos, please let me know if this looks salvageable or not.

And if not, what recommendations if any. For stuff I listen / do ( foobar always ) Synth/retro/chiptune/celtic and lots of other non vocal music for the most part. I draw/so I'm constantly staying immersed in music, that + gaming too. I use an Sound blaster X7 so not currently interersted in a DAC as these sound beautiful w/ it currently.

I WAS looking at the HD800S however from reviews I'm reading it does have a bit more detail/soundstage but is more flat vs the t90, unsure on that either, but yeah, back into researching.
20210224_190636.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2021 at 10:12 PM Post #4,439 of 4,487
So my T90's just broke ( the clips fell off so it can't hold the cans anymore. Curious if I should try finding a replacement or if there are any recommendations from going from here? Owned them nearly 8 years now and loved every minute of them, both low's and highs were great, so checking in to see if there's any recommendation for next step ( w/o a DAC as I use my PC ( Soundblaster X7 ) or if I should just attempt to repair/find a replacement.

I've no clue how these go back in as the clips keep falling apart when I put them back together. Attaching photos, please let me know if this looks salvageable or not.

And if not, what recommendations if any. For stuff I listen / do ( foobar always ) Synth/retro/chiptune/celtic and lots of other non vocal music for the most part. I draw/so I'm constantly staying immersed in music, that + gaming too. I use an Sound blaster X7 so not currently interersted in a DAC as these sound beautiful w/ it currently.

I WAS looking at the HD800S however from reviews I'm reading it does have a bit more detail/soundstage but is more flat vs the t90, unsure on that either, but yeah, back into researching.
20210224_190636.jpg
Get them repaired. I've broken that part twice on mine and gotten them fixed both times by "Consolidated Sound Services" https://www.consolidatedsoundservices.com

Been fast and reliable. Just pay attention to the shipping address, the zip code or something changes if you use USPS vs a private carrier

Mar 23, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #4,440 of 4,487
Hi all,

Just replaced the headband on my T90's with the DTxx0 range one, problem is, the metal sliders that go into the metal frame are no longer retained by anything in this headband so they kinda dig into my head, what is the best way to deal with this? The original T90 headband had some little plastic tabs that were in there I think but they perished over time.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back