Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Jan 18, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #4,397 of 4,487
Hey guys,
Recently I've been considering buying a Beyer A20 for my T90. Currently using iFi Micro iDSD BL's Normal mode to drive them. But I wonder, how much improvement will I get?

Well, you're curious, so just get it (when the price is right) and share your discovery and thoughts !
You can always sell the extra amp, but IMO one extra desktop amp won't be an overkill. In fact it's a staple necessity!

I too have the Ifi BL Micro. My conundrum is that I've been saving and waiting to come by either a DT 1990 or a T1 at a good price to snatch, but instead I came across a T90 for sub $300.

What do you guys reckon ? Should I take this side step?

My music preference is mainly EDM Electronica with a mix of Progressive Jazz and modern orchestra.

I absolutely love love love the Beyerdynamic T5P which I owned, the thick slick boomy bass yet so so spacious on the dancefloor.

Yes, a desktop amp is compulsory needed to power either DT1990 or T90 or T1. But which to come first ? The chicken or the egg?

Once I get chicken, I'll go hunt for the egg.

So, should I hold on for DT 1990 or T1?
Or just grab the T90 for now?

Jan 18, 2020 at 11:18 PM Post #4,398 of 4,487
Well, you're curious, so just get it (when the price is right) and share your discovery and thoughts !
You can always sell the extra amp, but IMO one extra desktop amp won't be an overkill. In fact it's a staple necessity!

Actually the prices are skyrocketing here and everything has quadrupled since 4 years ago. Plus, people seldom pay for these things here. Once you buy something, you are its first and the last owner

Jan 18, 2020 at 11:32 PM Post #4,399 of 4,487
My T90 Limited Edition is modded to mini xlr by amplifier surgery usa
upload_2020-1-19_10-4-25.png
upload_2020-1-19_10-4-25.png

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #4,400 of 4,487
I’ve been using my t80s for a few days and I’m blown away so far. Once I tamed the treble peak and corrected the subbass rolloff with a parametric eq, they’re easily the best headphones I have listened to. They sound so much less congested than my 880s, and the detail retrieval is in another league. Mids are also much more upfront, And I don’t notice any grain. Timbre feels much more natural than my esp-95x, and I’d say it’s close enough in technical performance to the estats that I don’t feel like it really lags behind.
They really shine with my little dot mkiii as well, I have a soekris 1321 coming and some mullard tubes so hopefully that pairing will be even better

Jan 26, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #4,401 of 4,487
The headband cushion on my T90 has started falling apart. It's as if the fibers are coming off.
As far as I can see, the only way of possibly acquiring a new one is to contact Beyerdynamic directly, probably because the headphones have been discontinued for years, which I might do, but I also began wondering about possibly buying a spare part for another model considering most Beyerdynamic headphones of this type use the same basic design.
Do any of you have experience with this? I suspect the fake leather button ones that are used on the cheaper 770/880/990 will fit no problem, but what about something like the DT 1770/1990? It looks quite high quality, although I suspect the way the cushion is attached to the headband is different than the T90. It's a little hard to tell from pictures.

Jan 27, 2020 at 6:19 AM Post #4,402 of 4,487
The headband cushion on my T90 has started falling apart. It's as if the fibers are coming off.
As far as I can see, the only way of possibly acquiring a new one is to contact Beyerdynamic directly, probably because the headphones have been discontinued for years, which I might do, but I also began wondering about possibly buying a spare part for another model considering most Beyerdynamic headphones of this type use the same basic design.
Do any of you have experience with this? I suspect the fake leather button ones that are used on the cheaper 770/880/990 will fit no problem, but what about something like the DT 1770/1990? It looks quite high quality, although I suspect the way the cushion is attached to the headband is different than the T90. It's a little hard to tell from pictures.
Have you looked at the new TYGR 300 Rs? They resemble T90s a lot.

Mar 23, 2020 at 2:06 AM Post #4,405 of 4,487
Folks, my unit produces a very bad rattling sound when pushed in sub-50Hz frequencies. The left driver rattles worse. I opened it and didn't see any hairs. Any ideas?
Driver may be faulty if its under warranty Rma the unit else order a replacement drive from beyerdynamics which will cost around 100$ more or less

Mar 23, 2020 at 2:21 AM Post #4,407 of 4,487
Driver may be faulty if its under warranty Rma the unit else order a replacement drive from beyerdynamics which will cost around 100$ more or less
Thanks for taking your time to reply. I opened the "ears" and inspected them using a flashlight in various degrees. Both have small hairs stuck to diaphragms. I won't try disassembling the drivers for now and try to live with it. At least I know now that the drivers are not faulty.

Mar 23, 2020 at 2:23 AM Post #4,408 of 4,487
TYGR 300 Rs driver and unit are completely differ from t90 first it's not tesla driver and the rated ohm is 32 t90 has 250 ohm tesla driver if you look closer TYGR 300 Rs resembles DT880 32 ohm version
Well I was talking about that in context of size and pads. It was just a guess that maybe, their pads are compatible with each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back