Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Aug 8, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #3,752 of 4,487
If anyone is interested in a T90 shoot me a PM!

Aug 9, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #3,753 of 4,487
  Ah I see what you're saying.
Thanks for the heads up. 

I'l need both then

Some of the Macbooks have a dual headphone SPDIF jack.  You may be able to get an optical or coax signal out of your Macbook to send to a DAC instead of using USB.  I am not if there is any benefit to this other than just freeing up a USB port.

Aug 10, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #3,755 of 4,487
Guys,
I have the t90s with the jds element.
Treble are harsh and bass is lacking.
The sound is too digital for me.
However I like them very much.
I've been thinking replacing the element with the crack+speedball, use the element as a dac or buy an odac, or get the new mobi2 multibit as a dac.

What do you guys think?

I want the sound to be more warm,lush, tuby. More bass and a nice rollof of the treble.
What combo is the best with the t90's under 800$?

Aug 10, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #3,756 of 4,487
Guys,
I have the t90s with the jds element.
Treble are harsh and bass is lacking.
The sound is too digital for me.
However I like them very much.
I've been thinking replacing the element with the crack+speedball, use the element as a dac or buy an odac, or get the new mobi2 multibit as a dac.

What do you guys think?

I want the sound to be more warm,lush, tuby. More bass and a nice rollof of the treble.
What combo is the best with the t90's under 800$?

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

well for me the A20 + e10(using as a DAC) making the music so real .. 

i mean i do listen to high quality song (flac to DSD) , but my god that sounds so good

and beyer made a20 for T90 and T70 so they knew what they were doing i guess

seriously i listened to some norah jones , and i actually felt i was in the studio listening to her like What

Aug 10, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #3,757 of 4,487
Using the Element as a DAC with the BH crack/speedball should be fine.  The tubes will make the most difference.  I like my T90 out of the Gustard H10 which is a somewhat warm solid state amp but the BH crack/speedball would be a better match for the T90.  It is not an option for me since I use planar HE-500 and ZMF x Viber also.

Aug 12, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #3,758 of 4,487
How is the new modi 2 multibit?
I'm looking for a sub 250$ Dac to pair with the speedball. I'm not sure of the odac because its too neutral and clinical for me.
Also somone recommend the tubemagic d2, somone here have heard them modi multibit?

Aug 12, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #3,759 of 4,487
How is the new modi 2 multibit?
I'm looking for a sub 250$ Dac to pair with the speedball. I'm not sure of the odac because its too neutral and clinical for me.
Also somone recommend the tubemagic d2, somone here have heard them modi multibit?

I'd never pair an odac with my T90s personally. The Modi Multibit has been described as smooth and on the slightly warmer side of things (at least compared to Schiit's other MB DACs) which is absolutely a good thing for the T90s despite the Speedball already being a valve amplifier.

My Modi MB is arriving start of this upcoming week if all goes well and shipping is on track so I cannot personally attest for this yet but all things considered and given the plentiful reviews coming in these past 2 weeks already I don't think there will be any contest for it below like $500 in terms of sheer sound quality (functionalities, modes, EQ, etc asides).

Aug 12, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #3,760 of 4,487
I'd never pair an odac with my T90s personally. The Modi Multibit has been described as smooth and on the slightly warmer side of things (at least compared to Schiit's other MB DACs) which is absolutely a good thing for the T90s despite the Speedball already being a valve amplifier.

My Modi MB is arriving start of this upcoming week if all goes well and shipping is on track so I cannot personally attest for this yet but all things considered and given the plentiful reviews coming in these past 2 weeks already I don't think there will be any contest for it below like $500 in terms of sheer sound quality (functionalities, modes, EQ, etc asides).

Great, a review with your new modi mb will help me decide!
I have some time tuntill my speedball will arrive.
What amp do you use?

Aug 12, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #3,761 of 4,487
Great, a review with your new modi mb will help me decide!
I have some time tuntill my speedball will arrive.
What amp do you use?

I'll definitely try and make time to drop by and share some impressions if I can before I leave on holiday.

I have a few amplifiers but the one I use the most with the T90s is my Woo WA7, it mellows them out just enough for them not to be harsh on my hearing (I'm very treble sensitive though) whilst still having more than enough power and "oomph" to bring out the best in them. They sound great with Mjolnir 2 as well from my experience albeit not as smooth, which is not necessarily a bad thing at all.

I've never tried the speedball as those are rare in Europe and I don't have the time/skills to deal with DIY projects but I'm sure it'll sound great with these headphones, plenty of people have always loved the combination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back