Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Aug 17, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #3,258 of 4,487
  Thank you for the suggestion - I'll send him a PM

You're welcome.  He is reasonable with his prices and can get you a new driver..
wink_face.gif

Charlie   ♫ ♪ ♫

Aug 17, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #3,260 of 4,487
Is that a good price for these? How do they stack up against the 880 600 ohms and the T1?

I would gladly pay $399 for T90 and even think they are worth the full asking price $639. Compared to DT 880 T90 have better resolution, detailing and imaging and more "beautiful" tone, imho. The bass of T90 is fuller and more extended. I had these two at the same time a couple of weeks ago. I also compared T90 directly to T1 using my X-Can V3. While T1 technically is a better headphone with a tad larger soundstage and more details I actually prefered T90 for their tonality and "fun". Imaging on T90 felt a tad better too. T90 are, among the best and most likeable headphones I've ever heard and I have heard many, even much more expensive headphones than T90. The problem I have with my T90 is that my other headphones don't get enough head time. 

Aug 18, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #3,265 of 4,487
pad rolling....

I just tried some DT990 pads on my T90's. I also just got a Grado RS2e and tried the stock pads and the Earzonk L cushion pads. Wow, what a difference pads can make! I have some Alpha pads on my DT770's, and the DT770 velours and J$ pads in a drawer. So many combinations! I have to admit that the DT770 pads on the T90 reduce the bass a bit, so I'm going to try the DT770 pads, the J$ (I expect the J$ pads to suck on the T90. 

And to make matters worse, I now hear about these Brainwavz Angled Memory Foam Earpads. Ug. Money seems to go in one ear and out the other! 

Aug 18, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #3,266 of 4,487
wow. Just tried the J$ pads on the T90. What a lush, warn sound. Totally different from what I'm used to liking, but I do! Bass heavy stuff like Royals by Lorde has huge impact and is really fun. Hotel California (hell freeze over) is just awesome.Possibly too much a of a good thing though, and I don't anticipate I will keep the leather pads on the T90. Tomorrow (possibly) I'll try to DT770 pads. I also just ordered the Brainwavz pads. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back