Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Aug 25, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #3,286 of 4,487
Agree with the above. However after a few years a set of new pads is an amazing "service" for the headphones.
Makes it feel new again. Though the pads last very long - it still feels great to have a fresh set.

I agree. But it is still
smily_headphones1.gif
best to get stock pads for replacement 

Aug 25, 2015 at 5:13 AM Post #3,287 of 4,487
I agree. But it is still :) best to get stock pads for replacement 

And I agree with that. The stock pads are awesome.

Aug 25, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #3,288 of 4,487
I agree. But it is still :) best to get stock pads for replacement 

"Best" is too strong a word. A better word is "safe". The brainwavz angled velour pads are very comfortable, and do not change the souls appreciably (to me, at least).

Aug 26, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #3,289 of 4,487
"Best" is too strong a word. A better word is "safe". The brainwavz angled velour pads are very comfortable, and do not change the souls appreciably (to me, at least).

I'd say they make it noticeably better o.o I was getting pretty weak bass with the stock foam pads, and the sound is decidedly v-shaped with the angled velours.

Aug 26, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #3,291 of 4,487
I'd say they make it noticeably better o.o I was getting pretty weak bass with the stock foam pads, and the sound is decidedly v-shaped with the angled velours.
Sorry, I don't recall. Gilly, did you cut out the center material on the angled velours?

Aug 27, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #3,292 of 4,487
I suggest you to check out this page and also my discussion. This is excellent webpage full of useful information: https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/brands-a-i/#comments

Aug 30, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #3,293 of 4,487
Sorry, I don't recall. Gilly, did you cut out the center material on the angled velours?

No, but I did remove something similar which should be fairly obvious after reading this post which I'm not going to elaborate on due to potential warranty issues and my status as a sponsor 
ph34r.gif

Gotta say though...I heard T90 drivers transplanted into a T70 body today at CanJam Europe which made me realize that even with the afore-un-mentioned mod and angled velours, I'm still missing out on a bit of treble considering what the T90 drivers are capable of. So I may very well do that, although I'm afraid it might leave my drivers feeling a bit naked 
blink.gif

Aug 30, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #3,294 of 4,487

No, but I did remove something similar which should be fairly obvious after reading this post which I'm not going to elaborate on due to potential warranty issues and my status as a sponsor 
ph34r.gif

Gotta say though...I heard T90 drivers transplanted into a T70 body today at CanJam Europe which made me realize that even with the afore-un-mentioned mod and angled velours, I'm still missing out on a bit of treble considering what the T90 drivers are capable of. So I may very well do that, although I'm afraid it might leave my drivers feeling a bit naked 
blink.gif

Ahh, got it. I was able to remove the pad provided by beyerdynamic, then I put the angled pads on. 

I never heard of anyone called the T90 light on treble. Most would say the treble on most beyerdynamic cans are hot. 

BTW, I'm really looking forward to CanJam Rocky Mountain and listening to the T1G2.  Might just have to bite.

Aug 31, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #3,295 of 4,487
The mod for the T90's that I really like is to remove the cloth ring separating the ear from the transducer and place it behind the transducer in the ear cup. The black side should be towards the transducer and the grey foam layer should be on the ear cup's side, facing the ear cup mesh. You can find on YouTube how to dsassemble a T90, T1, T5p etc. as it is all done the same way.

Aug 31, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #3,296 of 4,487
The mod for the T90's that I really like is to remove the cloth ring separating the ear from the transducer and place it behind the transducer in the ear cup. The black side should be towards the transducer and the grey foam layer should be on the ear cup's side, facing the ear cup mesh. You can find on YouTube how to dsassemble a T90, T1, T5p etc. as it is all done the same way.

Well, it's not exactly the same. The T90 and T70(p) come apart the same way as the DTxx0 headphones, but the T5p and T1 come apartslightly differently. It's the same process, but the locking ring is designed differently and is a bit harder to pop out. The driver baffles are also seated much deeper into the cups than the T90's, you really have to persuade them to come out sometimes by turn the cup around and smacking the driver side of the cup onto your hand to get them to pop out. It's pretty frustrating sometimes.

Aug 31, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #3,297 of 4,487

Ok, not too hard at all. What's the effect on the sound?

Sep 7, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #3,299 of 4,487
Hey,

At the moment I have the T90s paired up with a dragonfly v1.2 AMP/DAC. I was thinking of upgrading to a better external amp (use the df still as a DAC). Is for example the Schiit Vali a worthwhile investment? 

Cheers,
- D 

Sep 7, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #3,300 of 4,487
Hey,

At the moment I have the T90s paired up with a dragonfly v1.2 AMP/DAC. I was thinking of upgrading to a better external amp (use the df still as a DAC). Is for example the Schiit Vali a worthwhile investment? 

Cheers,
- D 

Some people don't hear a lot of difference with amps, most do. The Vali is a good amp, but it will have a ringing if you don't plug in the headphone carefully. The ringing goes away, but you need to be a little careful. Don't let it scare you off. The magni is also very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back