Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Dec 28, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #1,381 of 4,487
I also pulled the trigger on a T90 recently. Read every page of this thread in eager anticipation.
I will be running it through a Little dott DAC_II and a Little dot MKV. Also have an MKIII if it's needed.

This thread is full of contradictrory impressions of the T90 - I hope I'll be one of the positive ones :)

Fingers crossed - now where is that postman!

I hear ya! Congrats, btw. Tuesday cannot come soon enough for me.

Dec 28, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #1,382 of 4,487
I hear ya! Congrats, btw. Tuesday cannot come soon enough for me.

Thanks deltasun :) I have no personal experience, but from memory someone on this thread said the Vali pairs well with the T90. The vali has tubes in the design so here's hoping it tames any possible harshness my SS amp may well boost  :) I'm planning on modding the T90 if siblence is an issue (nothing major - a bit of felt and plasticine here or there).

I'm away all next week so wont get to hear My T90 if it arrives :frowning2:

Good luck with next Tuesday.

Dec 29, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #1,383 of 4,487
  I also pulled the trigger on a T90 recently. Read every page of this thread in eager anticipation.
I will be running it through a Little dott DAC_II and a Little dot MKV. Also have an MKIII if it's needed.

This thread is full of contradictrory impressions of the T90 - I hope I'll be one of the positive ones :)

Fingers crossed - now where is that postman!

Yep, can't think of a single well regarded (or otherwise) product discussed in Head-Fi that didn't have tons of contradictory impressions over time. I know I probably sound like a broken record, but unless...
* You know the head-fi'er has a chain same or very similar to yours.
* You've found over time the head-fi'er has similar preferences/tastes

You should take anyone's impressions with more than a few grains of salt. Very soon you'll find out how it sounds to you, with your chain, preferences, hearing, etc. 

Enjoy!

Dec 29, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #1,384 of 4,487
Yep, can't think of a single well regarded (or otherwise) product discussed in Head-Fi that didn't have tons of contradictory impressions over time. I know I probably sound like a broken record, but unless...

You should take anyone's impressions with more than a few grains of salt. Very soon you'll find out how it sounds to you, with your chain, preferences, hearing, etc. 

Enjoy!

Misterrogers nails it.

Our ears are much like feet. Different sizes and shapes to the ear canals and pinna. So unless someone has exactly the same size and shape auditory system AND shares the same preferences AND has the same playback chain, your mileage will differ.

Our opinions serve as guides but one has to consider all the factors mentioned, integrating them into one's own decisions.

Dec 29, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #1,385 of 4,487

Enjoy!

Yep, that's why I miss sparrow.

Dec 29, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #1,390 of 4,487
When I was demoing it, I heard it the most with Mark Knopfler and Lana del Rey. :D

Dec 30, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #1,392 of 4,487
  Try Wake Me Up by Avicii, his voice is brutal with T90 no-eq

Ok, I hear that. Not a LOT, but it's definitely there on the flac I just...found. There's a slight tizzy edge to his voice for sure. Is that the result of auto-tune or something? I really had to pay attention to hear it, but I understand how it might irritate more sensitive people. 

Dec 30, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #1,393 of 4,487
Seems like everyone in the 40s and above doesn't hear the sib. and everyone under it does.

I am 41 & the T90 from Audio GD NFB 7 (ESS chip) > Schiit Lyr are sibilant for me. But from Meier Corda Daccord (WM chip) > Woo WA6 / Darkvoice 336 is pure bliss. It sounds a bit more brighter on the WA6 than on the DV 336 , but not bright enough to be sibilant. So the T90's sibilance is source chain dependent. Based on research & my experience , I guess they sound their best on an OTL amp.

With my speaker rig (PSB Synchrony One) I prefer the Audio GD NFB 7.

Dec 31, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #1,395 of 4,487
Okay, got the T90 in! One thing though - when I opened the box...well, first off they're not sealed and the flap looks like it's been opened before. I was just struck by how non-chalantly they were placed in the case. No plastic around the headphones or anything. Is that how these come, for those who remember? It almost seems like they're used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back