Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Oct 20, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #1,096 of 4,487
  I setup my JRIVER with a random 100 song list out of the thousands of tunes I have ripped....and its very, very revealing when the recording is great and when its not...

I have stopped looking or trying to tune my amp and dac to make material sound "good" to me....

I have accepeted the O2 amp as being as transparent as it needs to be as well as the ODAC..

So I believe I am hearing what the T90s sound like or what they can reproduce to my ears..

So its money spent on material and music....when the material is done right, something i like and am in the mood its magical.

The T90s are indeed a "Classic".

Alex

Well said Alex. ODAC/O2 for transparent, ODAC/Crack for euphonic. T90 for cans. Own all of those and can vouch for the quality of said pairings. Could live with that if I was budget constrained and not worry about the last 5%. Very fine sound at this point that allows one to hear and get lost in the music. Takes a lot of effort, time and money to get the last 3~5%. Personally I will probably stop short of the last 2%.

Oct 20, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #1,097 of 4,487
The pair I have is on loan from a friend, but i'm tempted to unbox it again and give it another try.
It really is one of the most comfortable headphones i've tried in awhile.

I actually think it's more detailed than the K712 PRO and not due to extra treble.

Slightly off-topic but is there anything cheaper from Beyerdynamic that has pads that are identical in depth (except DT-770 PRO 80)? For some reason the DT-880 pads are not compatible with my ears and are not deep enough.
I wonder if T90 pads fit the DT-990?

Honestly I can't afford the T90 and doesn't fit my signature, but I kind of liked it. It at least made me want to try another Beyerdynamic headphone that's not as boring as the DT-880. I hated the DT-990 PRO.

Oct 20, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #1,098 of 4,487
  The pair I have is on loan from a friend, but i'm tempted to unbox it again and give it another try.

I actually think it's more detailed than the K712 PRO and not due to extra treble.

Slightly off-topic but is there anything cheaper from Beyerdynamic that has pads that are identical in depth (except DT-770 PRO 80)? For some reason the DT-880 pads are not compatible with my ears and are not deep enough.

Honestly I can't afford the T90 and doesn't fit my signature, but I kind of liked it. It at least made me want to try another Beyerdynamic headphone that's not as boring as the DT-880. I hated the DT-990 PRO.

wow... you liked the Koss Sig DJ 100 [which I hated] and you hate the DT 880 and 990... and yet we both enjoyed Captian Philips... I must say people are strange... but in a good way ;3 

that said STILL looking forward to getting this one day :D 

Oct 20, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #1,099 of 4,487
  wow... you liked the Koss Sig DJ 100 [which I hated] and you hate the DT 880 and 990... and yet we both enjoyed Captian Philips... I must say people are strange... but in a good way ;3 

that said STILL looking forward to getting this one day :D 

The DJ100 is quite neutral to and close in signature to the K712 Pro on very transparent gear. This is only with M50 pads though.
The DJ100 still has more low bass presence and less forward low mids. The DJ100's sound can vary with the wrong gear and it's easy to make it sound bad. I disliked it so much on portable amps. DJ100 + portable players is a complete fail for me.
It sounds great with my amp/dac and even the O2/ODAC.

I don't hate the DT-880 or DT-990, just the PRO version. DT-880 is just not my type of sound signature. I'm not a fan of it's mids. I'd have kept it but I couldn't deal with it's comfort.
When I heard the DT-990 PRO it's mids were almost cave like for whatever reason.

Oct 20, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #1,100 of 4,487

The DJ100 is quite neutral to and close in signature to the K712 Pro on very transparent gear. This is only with M50 pads though.
The DJ100 still has more low bass presence and less forward low mids. The DJ100's sound can vary with the wrong gear and it's easy to make it sound bad. I disliked it so much on portable amps. DJ100 + portable players is a complete fail for me.
It sounds great with my amp/dac and even the O2/ODAC.

I don't hate the DT-880 or DT-990, just the PRO version. DT-880 is just not my type of sound signature. I'm not a fan of it's mids. I'd have kept it but I couldn't deal with it's comfort.
When I heard the DT-990 PRO it's mids were almost cave like for whatever reason.

And see I feel the DJ 100 is overly warm and a little diffused sounding :/ oh well but maybe that is because I've only heard it with portable players... although how ironic that a headphone in the POrtable Market [ the price, the look, it can fold... it SCREAMS take me WITH you] sounds so bad with portable players 

and I agree the 990 mids are recessed, with classical ironically it sounds wonderful, but any other... "instrument" based genre is boring. I kept my 990 around for EDM and Classical 

still the T90 being a hybrid of the 2 sounds awesome :D 

Oct 20, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #1,101 of 4,487
  And see I feel the DJ 100 is overly warm and a little diffused sounding :/ oh well but maybe that is because I've only heard it with portable players... although how ironic that a headphone in the POrtable Market [ the price, the look, it can fold... it SCREAMS take me WITH you] sounds so bad with portable players 

and I agree the 990 mids are recessed, with classical ironically it sounds wonderful, but any other... "instrument" based genre is boring. I kept my 990 around for EDM and Classical 

still the T90 being a hybrid of the 2 sounds awesome :D 

Yeah the DJ100 is often too warm/congested from portable players using stock pads. Exactly why I don't like it from portables! The problem is that the pads are not deep enough.

I wonder if the T70 is similar in sound to the T90. It's a little cheaper and closed. Amazon has a pair for $256. Too bad I can't buy any new headphones for a long time.

Oct 21, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #1,102 of 4,487

Yeah the DJ100 is often too warm/congested from portable players using stock pads. Exactly why I don't like it from portables! The problem is that the pads are not deep enough.

I wonder if the T70 is similar in sound to the T90. It's a little cheaper and closed. Amazon has a pair for $256. Too bad I can't buy any new headphones for a long time.

I've heard the T70 is very VERY thin... but apprently it lacks some kinda of "felt" either way apprently modders have found a way to bring some of the bass back into it 

Oct 21, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #1,103 of 4,487

Yes, they do. the T90 pads fit the 880s and vice versa. Tried it myself.

Oct 22, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #1,104 of 4,487
Hello. I'm testing the pads of the HE400 with a remarkable result. The sealing, insulation is better, increases the bass and sub-bass sound. If someone can check and discuss their impressions would be appreciated.

regards

Oct 22, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #1,105 of 4,487
Awesome. I might give that a try but on a different set, the 880s. I find the amount of bass just right on the T90s but a little lacking in impact on the 880s for EDM-type of music, so I EQ the low end a little. If all I need to do is change pads, then I'll skip EQing entirely.

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #1,107 of 4,487
  Hello. I'm testing the pads of the HE400 with a remarkable result. The sealing, insulation is better, increases the bass and sub-bass sound. If someone can check and discuss their impressions would be appreciated.

regards

eww, those look like the Pleathers... the pleathers make everything bassier and diffused imo 
  I'd be interested to see HE-400 velour pads on these.

I tried the HE 400 Veleour on my 880 and it killed it :/

IF you want BASS on a T90 get some J$money's man! Not sure how the mids and treble will fare though >.> 

Oct 24, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #1,108 of 4,487
Hello,

I turned one of my O2 Amps into a unity gain device.

Listening to the T90's and finding the volume knob to make them "dance" is now at 1PM.

Befrore with 2.5x the volume knob was set to 10am....

More than enough power to drive the T90's at this unity gain setting..

The O2 amp is an excellent device to drive these cans.

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back