Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Apr 15, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #1,906 of 4,487

beerchug.gif
 Congratulations!  Give it some well recorded, spectrally balanced music for a real treat.

Well recorded live stuff is the schiit w/ the T90s.

Well Recorded stuff will sound good especially if you do some Crack
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #1,908 of 4,487
Yeah, love my BHC and it was terrific with my T90's.

In case anyone is interested, here is a very recent Crack review (without Speedball upgrade).....

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/bottlehead/1.html

Apr 15, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #1,910 of 4,487
I so glad that I got these T90, I like them much better then the DT880 600's, They work much better with dolby headphone mode 1 when gaming, as well movies, and of course i use stereo and Kernel Streaming so it so far work great for all the music I listening to.

Apr 18, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #1,912 of 4,487
  Hi,

So am I. It's an awesome headphone. The DT990 is one of the best headphones under $400 IMO. Nothing is really better except for say the DT880.

It's really too bad that beyer fumbled on this one. The T90, well, sucks IMO. It's nothing like the DT990 except for it having a crap ton of treble and thin mids. The soundstage is kinda weird, the treble is so sibilant and peaky, the sound has a "zing" to it. I could go on and complain more but I think I've made my point.

Bumping this thread to put my two cents in. I agree with this assessment on the T90 one hundred percent. Something about its midrange and treble kept me from warming up to them. Wait, I kind of already let the cat out of the bag. Eek, cold, harsh and threadbare! If you think the DT990's brightness is equivalent to staring right into a beaming MagLite, the T90 is like looking straight at a sparking welding gun under the clear, bright sun of a summer noon. I love my new DT990 Premium 600 ohm and I hate the T90.

Apr 19, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #1,913 of 4,487
i find the treble of mine surprisingly good , everything it does is simply divine ~ perhaps you're noticing the difference because you compared it with the DT990 , the T90 sounds disturbingly similiar to the Flagship T1 , but in my opinion , i felt the T90 sounds more interesting than the T1 , making it a damn good buy for me ^^ 

i was looking for treble like this all my life . i found it and im loving it ! 

that's why people say , music is preferential . it varies from people to people :)

blessed good friday ! 

Apr 19, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #1,914 of 4,487
Bumping this thread to put my two cents in. I agree with this assessment on the T90 one hundred percent. Something about its midrange and treble kept me from warming up to them. Wait, I kind of already let the cat out of the bag. Eek, cold, harsh and threadbare! If you think the DT990's brightness is equivalent to staring right into a beaming MagLite, the T90 is like looking straight at a sparking welding gun under the clear, bright sun of a summer noon. I love my new DT990 Premium 600 ohm and I hate the T90.
I found it the other way around. I found the 990s more sibilant and more mids recessed. Felt the bass was a little too out of control. But to each their own, as long as we enjoy our hps, then we're all winners there. Life's too short for arguing to try to change ppl's mind. :)

Apr 19, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #1,915 of 4,487
I found it the other way around. I found the 990s more sibilant and more mids recessed. Felt the bass was a little too out of control. But to each their own, as long as we enjoy our hps, then we're all winners there. Life's too short for arguing to try to change ppl's mind.
smily_headphones1.gif

Agreed. Let's agree to disagree. Nice to see a level-headed person here. I just shared my opinion just in case anyone tried and felt the same way or just in case anyone was a fence sitter here. (Ears vary, after all!) :)

EDIT: Out of curiosity, which flavor of DT990 was it? Personally, I found the Pro version recessed/muffled and sibilant compared to my Premium 600 ohm one which comes across as clearer and more refined.

Apr 19, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #1,916 of 4,487

Agreed. Let's agree to disagree. Nice to see a level-headed person here. I just shared my opinion just in case anyone tried and felt the same way or just in case anyone was a fence sitter here. (Ears vary, after all!) :)

So T90 from O2 ODAC dosen't work well. Yes, that good info to share in case anyone with the same amp / dac wanted to try the T90's.

Amps that I did't like them on were Schiit Lyr & Meier Classic.

Apr 19, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #1,917 of 4,487

EDIT: Out of curiosity, which flavor of DT990 was it? Personally, I found the Pro version recessed/muffled and sibilant compared to my Premium 600 ohm one which comes across as clearer and more refined.
Dt990/600 prems. Ran it out of an objective 2 as well.

Apr 19, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #1,919 of 4,487
I find my t90s with the O2 and ODAC work superbly, the treble sounds like the real thing....when I listen to real metallic sounds they sound very harsh to me and they sound the same to me when I listen with the t90s they sound harsh like a live instrument.....using other more colored cans helps reduce this and makes it more pleasant but not as realistic to me IMO.

A.

Apr 19, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #1,920 of 4,487

--------------------

Originally Posted by punit

So T90 from O2 ODAC dosen't work well. Yes, that good info to share in case anyone with the same amp / dac wanted to try the T90's.

Amps that I did't like them on were Schiit Lyr & Meier Classic.

--------------------

Originally Posted by adydula

I find my t90s with the O2 and ODAC work superbly, the treble sounds like the real thing....when I listen to real metallic sounds they sound very harsh to me and they sound the same to me when I listen with the t90s they sound harsh like a live instrument.....using other more colored cans helps reduce this and makes it more pleasant but not as realistic to me IMO.

T90 aren't for everyone. They will sound stellar for some, horrible for some, and most likely somewhere between for many. These are definitely a headphone that one should audition if possible before committing. The headphone / ear interface is as large a part of the resulting sound as speakers and the room in which they are placed. Differences in amplifiers and DACs are significantly less differentiable. I will throw in with adydula that the ODAC+O2 combo is a fine pair for driving the T90. I have a preference for a Concero HD + Bottlehead Crack, but the difference is one of preference and small compared to T90 vs some other headphone. -AB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back