Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Mar 31, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #1,892 of 4,487
Regarding the cable: it's " high end cable" officially. Here is the link with table at the bottom:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00890YNBK/ref=mw_dp_mdsc?dsc=1&qid=1396274687&sr=8-1

It says that all Tesla headphones have high end cable.

biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #1,893 of 4,487

@Sonido @punit 

Please see attached photos of DT880 Premium and T90 next to each other.

They are identical.

Cheers,
K

Regarding the cable: it's " high end cable" officially. Here is the link with table at the bottom:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00890YNBK/ref=mw_dp_mdsc?dsc=1&qid=1396274687&sr=8-1

It says that all Tesla headphones have high end cable.

"High end"?  LOL
They should have pulled a Monster by calling it "high-end Multi-helix Spiral geometry".
Unofficially, it is indeed the same cable with the same scrawny, magnet wire bundles for conductors.  I like that they give the cable a double plastic jacket, it really helps with the durability versus the average, similarly built cable.

Mar 31, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #1,894 of 4,487
In

"High end"?  LOL
They should have pulled a Monster by calling it "high-end Multi-helix Spiral geometry".
Unofficially, it is indeed the same cable with the same scrawny, magnet wire bundles for conductors.  I like that they give the cable a double plastic jacket, it really helps with the durability versus the average, similarly built cable.

as well to @PretendeP

Indeed, also, I checked the detailed (german language) data sheets of the DT880 (all variants) and the T90 and there is no mentioning of a different cable. It just mentions the "one-sided" cable and the length, no special cables for the Teslas.....

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #1,895 of 4,487

"High end"?  LOL

:)

In
as well to @PretendeP

Indeed, also, I checked the detailed (german language) data sheets of the DT880 (all variants) and the T90 and there is no mentioning of a different cable. It just mentions the "one-sided" cable and the length, no special cables for the Teslas.....

yes, Amazon is the only place that I saw the mentioning of the "type"of cable . I posted the link in the previous post but it leads to a mobile site (I posted it from my mobile phone). Here is the regular link:

http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-Tesla-Audiophile-High-Headphone/dp/B00890YNBK/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1396280252&sr=1-1&keywords=beyerdynamic+t90

And here is the screenshot of the table.

Apr 2, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #1,896 of 4,487
  What exactly do you do when you listen critically? Not trying to be argumentative but for you to really here a difference and a noticeable difference or you wouldn't discern it.....what specific things are you hearing that you don't without this device?

Then is the $1500 worth the "differences" your hearing...

I would like to see the actual o'scope pix of the differences your hearing, if there are really differences there should be data in the traces to show what frequencies or areas of the audible sound spectrum that is showing up with the device.

Anyway.....its a great hobby.

A.

I am resurrecting this comment directed to me, as in the very near future I am procuring a Prism Sound dScope III to independently measure performance claims and to measure for myself the differences which I hear between devices. This is going way beyond hobby and seeking insights into what and how we hear, including apparent minute differences. One of the topics to be chased will be jitter. Hopefully I will create purposely jittered source material for ear training in my acoustic lab.

And I am still loving the sound of my T90 + Bottlehead Crack though I have also added a Concero HD DAC which sounds pretty close to the RefLink + V800 in a much smaller form factor and lower overall cost. Traceable, repeatable measurements somewhere in the future.

Apr 4, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #1,898 of 4,487
Just inking the deal today for the dScope. I will be consulting with some top folks on auditory perception from both the AES and the ASA for methods checking before putting a lot of time into data acquisition. Thank-you, I will have a lot of work ahead to obtain meaningful results.

AB.

Apr 5, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #1,899 of 4,487
Great,

I am serious as to trying to really find out if there are any real meaningful measurements that correlate to what all these nebulous flowing adjectives we all use to describe these improvements after we update or upgrade to a new cable, op amp, power supply etc.

This is why the designers blog on looking at objective measurements and how they relate to being transparent captured the audience it has.

Should be interesting....

A.

Apr 9, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #1,901 of 4,487
selling it in a place where everybody owns one ? T.T

Apr 14, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #1,903 of 4,487
I just bought a T90 my self, Suppose to get it tomorrow and I can't wait to give it a listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back