Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Mar 24, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #1,850 of 4,487
Qinpu A3 turns T90 into a freaking bass cannon.
Not my favorite combo.

Mar 26, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #1,851 of 4,487
is this some sort of T90 appreciation forum ? if it is , how can one remove the headband and ear pads , and internal dis assembly , if someone has a link of a video with it , it would
be great , i would like to know what is inside of these pair of headphones :)

Mar 26, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #1,852 of 4,487
  is this some sort of T90 appreciation forum ? if it is , how can one remove the headband and ear pads , and internal dis assembly , if someone has a link of a video with it , it would
be great , i would like to know what is inside of these pair of headphones :)

It's kind of an appreciation thread ... 

I believe Zombie_X has some good videos. 

Mar 26, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #1,853 of 4,487
my goodness didnt know it's so simple to remove the cushion ! thanks alot ! how about the headband , have anyone of you dismantled it or something ? to be honest , my set of T90 came in a way where if i extend the right headband to the max , the cable from the headband to the cup is in tension so im afraid by pulling the cable down it might damage the wiring , although i dont extend it to the max, but knowing that one of the cable is longer than the other irks me . hahaha ! i just got them a few days ago , loving them !

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #1,854 of 4,487
Any one here owns both the HE-500 and the T90's ? I been wondering how do they compare to each other, I been busy saving up for the T90's since I found them for a good price. But I seen the HE-500 mentioned a couple of times of being a good headphone.

Besides Producing music, I also listen to Classical,jazz,Oldies, and Dubstep,Techno, EDM, I also a big PC gamer too, I wanted a T90 but I saw the HE-500 being mentioned a couple of times here and there. I started to wonder how it compares to the T90 for my usage. I also factory Durability as the most important as I like my headphones to last . As you can tell I do have the DT880 premium 600s but I not completely happy with them as they don't have the sound signature that I want, close to it but is missing something that I want that it doesn't give me. Which is what the T90 suppose to give me from all the things I been reading about it.  It just that I wanna make sure that I don't past by any other headphone that might be similar or exactly like it.

Thx

Mar 28, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #1,856 of 4,487
Greetings,

I was curious about your experience with the totaldac usb cable/filter.  Are you still happy with it?  Also curious about how long it took you to receive it, and how much any Duty etc. was.

Any thing you can share about it would be appreciated, I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

Thank You!
em

Mar 28, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #1,857 of 4,487
  Any one here owns both the HE-500 and the T90's ? I been wondering how do they compare to each other, I been busy saving up for the T90's since I found them for a good price. But I seen the HE-500 mentioned a couple of times of being a good headphone.

I don't own both now but used to own them together, so can offer a minor comparison from memory. The T90's have a wider soundstage and have the Beyer house sound, (as you own the DT 880 you will be familiar with the sound), crisp & clear. The HE 500 have a more intimate sound stage , its not constricted but its not as wide as the T90. They sound more "organic" than the T90's, more natural, acoustic instruments sound more true to life on the HE 500. T90's will have a slight edge where EDM is concerned, whereas HE 500 will have a slight edge with Rock. When I used to own them T90's were my absolute fav for Electronic & HE 500 for everything else. The T90's are way more comfortable than the HE 500, its like comparing a business class seat to economy.

The T90's  can tend to sound a bit bright for the first 150 -200 hours & then the treble mellows down a  bit but quite a few people  will still find them bright when compared to a other HP's. T90 needs a tube amp (preferably an OTL amp & to narrow it down even further, a Bottlehead Crack)  to really sound their best. People have had good results  and do like them on solid state amps as well, but once these people hear it on a Btl Hd Crack / OTL amp they will never go back.

HE 500 is not so fussy about amping but they do scale well as you incresae the amp quality. They need an amp which will output atleast 1w @ 50 ohms to shine. I found them amazing on the Meier Classic & Schiit Lyr but not so great on Woo 6 in comparison.

When i was doing my research for buying both I had read both HP threads in full & found that HE 500 are a more safer bet i.e. out of 100 people who buy the HE 500  only 10 will not like the sound whereas with the T90 , generally 20-25 will not like the sound & almost all of these people have issues with the treble (these are very approximate numbers, just to give you a general idea). If you are not planning to change your amp & you cannot audition both, then the HE 500 will be a more safer bet for you.

The above is IMHO & lot of people will have a different opinion.

Mar 28, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #1,858 of 4,487

Besides Producing music, I also listen to Classical,jazz,Oldies, and Dubstep,Techno, EDM, I also a big PC gamer too, I wanted a T90 but I saw the HE-500 being mentioned a couple of times here and there. I started to wonder how it compares to the T90 for my usage. I also factory Durability as the most important as I like my headphones to last . As you can tell I do have the DT880 premium 600s but I not completely happy with them as they don't have the sound signature that I want, close to it but is missing something that I want that it doesn't give me. Which is what the T90 suppose to give me from all the things I been reading about it.  It just that I wanna make sure that I don't past by any other headphone that might be similar or exactly like it.

Thx

I've seen posts where people went both ways. Consider it a sidegrade at most. The T90 does everything well IMO, and weigh less/are more comfortable. The T90 will pound some damn EDM out very satisfyingly, I must say. 

Mar 28, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #1,860 of 4,487
  my goodness didnt know it's so simple to remove the cushion ! thanks alot ! how about the headband , have anyone of you dismantled it or something ? to be honest , my set of T90 came in a way where if i extend the right headband to the max , the cable from the headband to the cup is in tension so im afraid by pulling the cable down it might damage the wiring , although i dont extend it to the max, but knowing that one of the cable is longer than the other irks me . hahaha ! i just got them a few days ago , loving them !

I think it would be useful to know how to replace parts.  Yours just needs to have the crossover cable adjusted a bit, I'll see if I can figure out how and post pics, too.

It's nice and roomy enough inside of the cups to do a detachable cable mod.  The driver element looks like a blown-up version of T50p's drivers.  Unlike other Beyers, including DT880 and 990, there are no dampening materials inside of the cups, the filters on the baffle take care of the tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back