Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Mar 3, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #1,817 of 4,487
I'm tempted right now to send my T90's back to Amazon and grab the T1's if they're still on sale just only worry is I don't have the funds to submit for a high end Amp/DAC to pair up with it, and curious if ANYONE knows if it'd still sound just as good if not better than the T90 if I still plugged it into my ZxR and set it to 600Ohm?

Mar 3, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #1,819 of 4,487
They're not, it ended on the same day.

I'm sure there will be another sale somewhere lol, but still would be good to know in case of, just hoping there's someone that's tested, I'll try the T1 thread in case. Still loving my T90's to death though so I'm slightly doubting the 20%+ difference I'd say but either way would be interested to hear it.

Mar 3, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #1,820 of 4,487
  I'm sure there will be another sale somewhere lol, but still would be good to know in case of, just hoping there's someone that's tested, I'll try the T1 thread in case. Still loving my T90's to death though so I'm slightly doubting the 20%+ difference I'd say but either way would be interested to hear it.

I have T1's and T90's and to my ears, they sound rather different.  Different enough that for the time being, I am going to keep both.

If you scroll through this thread, you will see that some, such as AtomicBob (a recording professional, owning many headphone amps and headphones, including both the T1 and T90) actually prefer the T90 to the T1.  This is all down to personal taste.  So it is possible you might be one of those that prefer the T90.

Mar 3, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #1,821 of 4,487
As BlakeT noted, I have both the T90 and T1. They do sound different enough that I keep both. The T1 does technically perform a little better than the T90 in a few attributes. But to my ears the T90 is just so much fun on which to listen that it is my preference most of the time. Listening to the T90 right now on a WA7 amp. Sort of like an MGB sports car. If you've ever driven one you know that feeling of fun even though there are many that are technically superior.

Mar 4, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #1,822 of 4,487
Hi!

I just jumped on the T90 bandwagon. @punit was so kind of selling me his T90, since he upgraded to the T1.

So far I have listened to the T90 with my Schiit Asgard and the Fiio E07K. Funnily the lower range has more oomph with the E07K (no EQ). However, the sound quality is better than the DT880 that I also own. It's a really really great headphone. I just need to get my Valhalla from home and change to tubes and see what that does to the headphone.

Anyhow, I am already  impressed with the headphone, I think this could be it... end-game. For me. It's engaging, fun, enough bass for the music that demands it....

Am very happy right now 
smily_headphones1.gif
 rocking in the office!!

Mar 4, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #1,823 of 4,487
Originally Posted by Koolpep /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyhow, I am already  impressed with the headphone, I think this could be it... end-game. For me. It's engaging, fun, enough bass for the music that demands it....

Famous last words
biggrin.gif
Welcome to the T club.

Maybe sometime in the future when I miss the T90, I will borrow them from you for little while , in exchange for T1's .
wink.gif

Mar 4, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #1,824 of 4,487
  Famous last words
biggrin.gif
Welcome to the T club.

Maybe sometime in the future when I miss the T90, I will borrow them from you for little while , in exchange for T1's .
wink.gif

Haha, yes indeed, you are always welcome to borrow any of my phones. But don't tempt me like this.... It took me a long time to "forget" I ever heard the LCD-2 on a Woo WA22 
L3000.gif

For the moment, I am in new-toy-heaven....and I didn't even heard them through tubes - 
atsmile.gif

Mar 4, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #1,826 of 4,487
I'm at the point now that I can't wait to get home just to put my cans on and just get lost in them while I work either on a website, a drawing or just play games, I'm totally lost in them and love them to death, my ZxR drives them perfectly imo, though I'm sure I'll eventually get around to hearing them on some tubes, but until then the Bass is incredible as well as the Treble, I had no idea you could have the best of both  , I thought you'd have to sacrifice one for the other :D

Mar 4, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #1,827 of 4,487
  Hi!

I just jumped on the T90 bandwagon. @punit was so kind of selling me his T90, since he upgraded to the T1.

So far I have listened to the T90 with my Schiit Asgard and the Fiio E07K. Funnily the lower range has more oomph with the E07K (no EQ). However, the sound quality is better than the DT880 that I also own. It's a really really great headphone. I just need to get my Valhalla from home and change to tubes and see what that does to the headphone.

Am very happy right now 
smily_headphones1.gif
 rocking in the office!!

Congratulations on the new purchase.  Welcome to the club.

Mar 4, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #1,828 of 4,487
@mreleventy @blaket Thanks for the warm welcome and the warning. Just swapped my amps around, so I will have the Valhalla at the office tomorrow. While ordering my replacement tubes for the Valhalla (rocking an early 200 serial) I couldn't resist and ordered a Vali as well, so I can enjoy tube amp sound in both locations.

Next milestone: sell at least 1/3rd of my headphone arsenal that is now obsolete...let's see how that ends :xf_eek:

Mar 4, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #1,829 of 4,487
I cleared out a lot of gear in the past 2 months. All I have left really is the T90s, DT880s, 2x DT770s (Pro 80ohm and Prem 250ohm) and the Takstar HI2050. I'll probably sell the 770 Pros when I'm done modding them to fund modding the Prem. The HI2050s were the first guinea pig in modding, now moving up to the 2nd cheapest set. :D

Mar 7, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #1,830 of 4,487
I been thinking about making a switch to these from the DT880 premium 600's, I liked the DT880 premium 600's but they don't give me the exact sound signature that I want,plus I dont wanna get tubes to do them justice. I been reading up on the T90 and from what people says about them, they will give me what the DT880 premium 600's didnt give me, the exact sound signature that I want. My Audio-GD NFB15.32 will do nicely with the T90.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back