beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
Apr 29, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #1,276 of 1,963
  My T5p is up for sale here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/716618/beyerdynamic-t5p

Too expensive! I'll take em for $150, that's their real world value. 
beerchug.gif

That's my first and final offer.

Apr 30, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #1,277 of 1,963
Hate to see you leave the club, man!! May I ask what (if anything) you are going to use in it's place?

Hello Theogenes

Sure, I find I'm predominantly using the Shure SRH1540 and since I do not have two heads I reluctantly decided to sell the T5p. I also need some extra funds for my digital photography hobby.

I'll be back next year in the high end Beyer camp as soon as they release the Custom One Tesla.

Apr 30, 2014 at 4:03 AM Post #1,278 of 1,963

Hello Theogenes

Sure, I find I'm predominantly using the Shure SRH1540 and since I do not have two heads I reluctantly decided to sell the T5p. I also need some extra funds for my digital photography hobby.

I'll be back next year in the high end Beyer camp as soon as they release the Custom One Tesla.

Gotcha. Hope you love it!! And we'll save your place at the Tesla table until you get back to us :wink:

Btw: Where the $%^& are these mythical wooden cups?? I WANNA SEE 'EM!!! 
tongue.gif

Apr 30, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #1,279 of 1,963
FYI. You can get a brand new t5p at ncix here in canada for $899 cad which is about 590 eur.

Just ask the sale rep for the special price :wink:

Apr 30, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #1,280 of 1,963
Btw, I spoke with Peter at Double Helix, and he's going to try to have my balanced-modded T5p back to me in time for the Music City Meet in Nashville!! If anybody is in the area and wants to give it a listen, feel free to swing by-- I'll be the guy drooling over everybody else's gear :p

May 1, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #1,281 of 1,963
  Btw: Where the $%^& are these mythical wooden cups?? I WANNA SEE 'EM!!! 
tongue.gif

Still waiting... ...
LFF built my Enigma's from scratch and already shipped them... meanwhile...

I can definitely say that I'm not very thrilled with Martin as of now... the headphone better look flawless and perfect in order for me to forget all of these months of waiting! LOL :wink:

May 1, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #1,282 of 1,963

Still waiting... ...
LFF built my Enigma's from scratch and already shipped them... meanwhile...

I can definitely say that I'm not very thrilled with Martin as of now... the headphone better look flawless and perfect in order for me to forget all of these months of waiting! LOL :wink:

Wowzers... Tell him the effort to grow the very trees he'll be using is noble, but you can stand to use existing wood for your pair :p

Jk, man, hopefully they sound so dang good you forget all about it as soon as they show up :wink:.

May 2, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #1,283 of 1,963
Especially since you can't use fresh wood as it will dry and change its form... So I guess there are several months left to wait while the now grown up tree is being weathered :wink:
Very sorry for that, a month-long wait is not funny.

May 2, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #1,284 of 1,963
I hereby found the official Gelocks Support Group and Action Society for the Emancipation of Woodied T5p Headphones. Tax exempt status pending. :wink:

May 7, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #1,286 of 1,963
I just got my T5p's in the mail yesterday! So far I have to say I'm impressed. I opted for these over the T1's because I want to use them places that I won't always have an amp. They are very comfortable headphones. I read several reviews on these and while some people have complained about the weight I haven't noticed it after hours of wearing them. The only concern that I have is that the cables are not removable... If I have issues in the future maybe these could be modded to have removable cables. Currently I am using my AK120 to both provide a source and an amp for these and it seems to work pretty well. Will have to wait until I have more dough to get a proper amp.

As for the sound I couldn't be happier. These really let the music come to life.

May 8, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #1,287 of 1,963
  Currently I am using my AK120 to both provide a source and an amp for these and it seems to work pretty well. Will have to wait until I have more dough to get a proper amp.

As for the sound I couldn't be happier. These really let the music come to life.

I also continue to enjoy these. Sometimes even without an amplifier directly from my iPhone. These headphones have entirely given me the opportunity to simplify my life. I just went through a "simple-living"-project in my life trying to get rid of dead weight and things I never use. With the T5p I now have only one full size headphone and I do not even need a desktop amplifier. I can enjoy it with all genres. With the Quickstep and AHA-120 the T5p sounds like I could never ask for better setup.

I am thinking that it probably sounds very good with the AK120. So you do not have to aim for more than a Quickstep if you ask me. It is a great match and gives the T5p more air, speed, slam and attack than from the iPhone. 

May 29, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #1,288 of 1,963
Super-excited to join the T5p club soon (arrives tomorrow).  When I read reviews online, it seems like there is a fairly high rate of failure on the stock T5p cable, should I be worried?  Thanks in advance for any clarity on this subject.

May 29, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #1,289 of 1,963
  I hereby found the official Gelocks Support Group and Action Society for the Emancipation of Woodied T5p Headphones. Tax exempt status pending. :wink:

I received an email from Martin saying that work is in progress... he recently finished like 3 other sets (he posted them on his website, none of them Beyer though) which of course look absolutely stunning so here's to hoping mine turn out decent!!! :)

It's taking quite a long time though. I sent them up in February but his wife was actually pregnant and they welcomed the baby I think a few months ago. So that's why he was slow with all the sets. I don't have time for doing stuff at home and I don't even have a pet, so I cannot imagine myself doing mods with 2 kids, wife, work, etc.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted! :)

May 29, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #1,290 of 1,963
The bad news: I had three cables die out, all within about a month of being installed.  The old version cable, which can be seen here (http://youtu.be/TSR3rXSwFao?t=1m25s) just never worked for me and fell apart shockingly fast.

The good news: Beyerdynamic have a new cable that has held up (at least for over two months so far), and they've been super helpful in getting my T5Ps re-cabeled in-warranty, despite me living half a world away.

The better news: everything else about this headphone is simply fantastic, and now that the cable issue has been solved I don't have a single complaint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back