beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
Mar 17, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #1,231 of 1,963
Mar 17, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #1,232 of 1,963
For the record, I've communicated with Peter, and it seems doublehelixcables@gmail.com is the best way to get in touch with him, in case anyone else is interested.

Carry on! :wink:

Mar 18, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #1,233 of 1,963
Peter at Double Helix cables has finished building my headphone cable and thought would share some pics he has sent me!

If anyone has any questions for Peter at Double Helix cables you are welcome to email him at the address provided below.

doublehelixcables@gmail.com

Mar 18, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #1,234 of 1,963

But there must be room to accommodate personal preferences, no?  If this was not the case then every Head-fi member would own the TH900.

I'm quite happy with the T5p.  I'm also happy with the detailing, micro-detailing and openesss and comfort of my HD800...but when I need isolation, I use the T5p.

Well ofcourse personal preference makes a difference but most people do not know what they like until they hear it.

I always thought my personal preference was ER4S, but 12 years later and things look a lot different. I still love my ER4S and consider it as my base reference but it is not something I like to use on daily basis.

If people can audition the two side by side I highly encourage them to try them, TH900 in my view is worth the extra 200 dollars and I am willing to say it will go down in history as one of the greats if fostex was to release a new flagship and discontinue making of TH900.

Mar 18, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #1,235 of 1,963
  Well ofcourse personal preference makes a difference but most people do not know what they like until they hear it.

I always thought my personal preference was ER4S, but 12 years later and things look a lot different. I still love my ER4S and consider it as my base reference but it is not something I like to use on daily basis.

If people can audition the two side by side I highly encourage them to try them, TH900 in my view is worth the extra 200 dollars and I am willing to say it will go down in history as one of the greats if fostex was to release a new flagship and discontinue making of TH900.

I have to listen to the them TH900s.

Someone had a pair at a recent meet I attended....but I forgot to stop by to listen to them. 
frown.gif

Mar 21, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #1,237 of 1,963

I have to listen to the them TH900s.

Someone had a pair at a recent meet I attended....but I forgot to stop by to listen to them. 
frown.gif

I may be the only person on Head-Fi (at least) that prefers the T5p to the TH900. However I thought the TH900 had a very nice sound, although nothing I did not expect. As always to each their own.

Mar 21, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #1,238 of 1,963
listening to the t5p for the last two days and it is a mixed bag. believe it or not the sig pro sounded more natural and realistic to me especially with big classical orchestras. the t5p seems to shrink the instruments and i feel the sig pro is more detailed and better separated. comfortwise the beyer wins Hands down

Mar 21, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #1,240 of 1,963
  listening to the t5p for the last two days and it is a mixed bag. believe it or not the sig pro sounded more natural and realistic to me especially with big classical orchestras. the t5p seems to shrink the instruments and i feel the sig pro is more detailed and better separated. comfortwise the beyer wins Hands down

Perhaps you will like them more after some time.   When I first got my pair I was not sure that I was going to keep them, but now I have no intention of letting them go.

Mar 22, 2014 at 5:14 AM Post #1,241 of 1,963
  One good thing about the T5P is that it has a 5 year warranty. That's pretty impressive.

And spare parts are available even longer... One reason for me to buy Beyer models: they are not obsolete within the next 2 years.

Mar 22, 2014 at 5:29 AM Post #1,242 of 1,963
this morning its break even as it seems, that my brain has adapted the sound of the t5p and i am starting to love it. thanks to trance gott, who adviced me to give them some time

Mar 22, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #1,243 of 1,963

I may be the only person on Head-Fi (at least) that prefers the T5p to the TH900. However I thought the TH900 had a very nice sound, although nothing I did not expect. As always to each their own.

I have a feeling that I will still prefer the T5p when I finally get to hear the TH900 (I think they will have too much bass).

Mar 22, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #1,244 of 1,963
this morning its break even as it seems, that my brain has adapted the sound of the t5p and i am starting to love it. thanks to trance gott, who adviced me to give them some time

beerchug.gif

Mar 26, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #1,245 of 1,963
I just got a new cable on my T5p's. The cable is pure silver and about the same length as the stock cable. I will try to be careful not to let me be carried away in describing the change but I fell like I have got myself a new pair of headphones. The attack and speed is better, they have become faster, snares just hit like a whiplash, the sound is clearer and more airy, the bass is faster, everything is more controlled. Definitely an upgrade. It could also just be that I have missed them the two weeks they have been away for the cable change - so do not put too much into my initial impressions. If I knew they would be that much better I would not have hesitated so long to have the new cable mounted. 
normal_smile .gif

A couple of pictures:

https://flic.kr/p/msqvwe

https://flic.kr/p/msqyaR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back