Beyerdynamic T1 Purchasing + Pairing Advice
Jan 13, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #31 of 50

Quote:

Well now, that's a comparo I can understand
biggrin.gif
.  I had an E39 M5 and loved it!  Nearly a perfect car for any situation except track work/hard core mountain driving.  Since I don't live near the mountains or a track that didn't much matter. Had to get rid of her when the warranty expired tho.  Too much $$$ paid out by BMW for warranty work and I didn't want to pick up the tab after that .  No desire for a Maybach, but wouldn't turn down a ride in one if offered.

That's pretty much my impression of the T1 too, does everything very well.  Maybe not the best at any particular genre, but not bad at any.  Once I hear the Audez'e to form my impression, I'll make my decision.  Right now I'm probably looking at WA2/T1 or LCD-2v2/WA22 to stay in budget

still loving (and daily driving) my E39 540 sport 
biggrin.gif
  'klaus' might be 13 years old but still drives like new.  a truly remarkable car.

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #32 of 50
I like the LCD-2 and HD800, but IMO they are a bit overpriced. I fidn the LCD-2 and HD800 to under perform for their price. That's my opinion though. A used LCD-2 for maybe $750 is a deal, and a used HD800 for $1,000 or less is even better!

I would take any HiFiMan ortho's before I'd but an LCD-2 though. I find the HE-6 to sound much, much better than either the HD800 or LCD-2. The only downside is that most of the HiFiMan ortho's require a beefy amp to drive them nicely. Like a speaker amp or a powerful hybrid amp.

Quote:
Do many T1 fans like the LCD-2 or HD800?  I feel like there's this great divide sometimes!

Jan 13, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #33 of 50

Quote:
still loving (and daily driving) my E39 540 sport 
biggrin.gif
  'klaus' might be 13 years old but still drives like new.  a truly remarkable car.

Absolutely.  I had the E39 6-speed prior to the M5.  In a lot of ways I wish I had kept it.  I might still be driving it today too!

Jan 13, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #34 of 50

Quote:
I like the LCD-2 and HD800, but IMO they are a bit overpriced. I fidn the LCD-2 and HD800 to under perform for their price. That's my opinion though. A used LCD-2 for maybe $750 is a deal, and a used HD800 for $1,000 or less is even better!

I would take any HiFiMan ortho's before I'd but an LCD-2 though. I find the HE-6 to sound much, much better than either the HD800 or LCD-2. The only downside is that most of the HiFiMan ortho's require a beefy amp to drive them nicely. Like a speaker amp or a powerful hybrid amp.

Ricky I owned the LCD2 T1 HD800 and the HE6 and HE500. I prefer the T1 for reference listening and when I want to really hear whats on the recording. Classical music is really special for me on the T1. I had the LCD2 sold it for the HE6 and much preferred the HE6 over the LCD2 and HD800 and I also had sold the T1. I sold the HE6 because it needed powerful speaker amps and then I went back to the T1 and now also have the hE500. The NHHD800 spike annoyed me so I sold them but the T1 is still my reference can. I do like my HE500 and T1 but I use the T1 as much or  more than the others. Focus and spatial imaging and sound stage is what always drives me to the T1

Quote:
Do many T1 fans like the LCD-2 or HD800?  I feel like there's this great divide sometimes!

Jan 13, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #35 of 50
Frank I, have you ever tried the HE500 with your CSP2? If yes, was the pairing any good? I've been thinking about getting a HE500 recently, but since my Concerto will be replaced with a CSP2+ in a couple of months (the Decware waiting list is awfully long) I have doubts that an OTL tube amp would be a good match for the HE500...

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #36 of 50

Quote:
Frank I, have you ever tried the HE500 with your CSP2? If yes, was the pairing any good? I've been thinking about getting a HE500 recently, but since my Concerto will be replaced with a CSP2+ in a couple of months (the Decware waiting list is awfully long) I have doubts that an OTL tube amp would be a good match for the HE500...

Your right the CSP2 is not a good match and has trouble driving this headphone but the taboo and it are magic. I suggest if you want a HE500 try the Taboo amp as it will work on the  planars even without the CSP2 just more food for thought or buy both
wink_face.gif
and then you set for anything hi and low impedance cans. The taboo is so much better using the CSP2 as a preamp. The  list is long because he sell Value High quality products and is  standing behind everything lifetime. Super company and a great guy.

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #37 of 50
Always value your opinion Frank.

I'm still waiting to go audition the Audeze offerings but am really leaning toward the T1 or HE-6.  I have a spare 100 watt stereo amp that I can easily insert into my main system to drive the HE-6.  Would you have found that preferable to a T1/WA2 or LD Mk.VI+ combo? It certainly would save me some $$$.

Jan 13, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #38 of 50

Quote:
Always value your opinion Frank.

I'm still waiting to go audition the Audeze offerings but am really leaning toward the T1 or HE-6.  I have a spare 100 watt stereo amp that I can easily insert into my main system to drive the HE-6.  Would you have found that preferable to a T1/WA2 or LD Mk.VI+ combo? It certainly would save me some $$$.

I will say this when driven properly the HE6 is the best headphone I ever heard and it scales very high. If I had the money for a 50W tube amp and room I would buy the pairing again without question. I prefer tube amps to SS amps but I will say it was a beast on that Pioneer SX980 I had. That was a decision I regretted.

Jan 15, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #39 of 50

Quote:
Your right the CSP2 is not a good match and has trouble driving this headphone but the taboo and it are magic. 

Thanks for confirming my suspicions, this saved $700 for me.
Regarding the taboo, i have already considered buying one eventually, but to drive some efficient speakers rather than planar headphones. But then again, the Mini Torii looks so much nicer...

Quote:
The  list is long because he sell Value High quality products and is  standing behind everything lifetime. Super company and a great guy.

Yes, I'm absolutely convinced that Decware products are of a very high quality. The lifteime warranty was only one of the reasons why I decided to go for the CSP2+ rather than the Woo Audio 2.

Jan 20, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #41 of 50
After a lot of time and consideration, I found a Head-Fier that offered me a very nice deal on the T1s and a Woo 22 so I bit on it.  I'll be running it in a fully balanced configuration. They were already recabled with Black Dragon wire. I'll get my first listening session in this weekend.

Jan 20, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #42 of 50

Quote:
After a lot of time and consideration, I found a Head-Fier that offered me a very nice deal on the T1s and a Woo 22 so I bit on it.  I'll be running it in a fully balanced configuration. They were already recabled with Black Dragon wire. I'll get my first listening session in this weekend.

VERY nice! 

May 10, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #45 of 50
Hey guys,

So I made the plunge and bought the T1 through Jaben Audio, Melbourne.

I'm currently using a loaner Go-Vibe Peak and I find that it is able to deliver considerable drive for the cans. 

I will be auditioning and likely to purchase either the WA2 or Valhalla tomorrow. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back