Beyerdynamic T1 Purchasing + Pairing Advice
May 10, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #46 of 50
I just heard the T1 balanced through a SR71B for the first time (Just got my hands on one of those forsaken plugs from a local head-fi'er), and I was absolutely blown away. I've never heard anything like it. Not the DT880, not LCD-3, not Hifiman...Nothing so natural, detailed and precise. Its a German headphone ofcourse, and if you are a Audeze fan, you most likely wont like it, but I love these to death. They just present the music as a absolute carbon copy of what was recorded originally. I'd say you should try listening to a balanced T1, just for the sake of the experience...

May 11, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #47 of 50
So I visited "Addicted to Audio" in Melbourne.'

I auditioned the Schitt Valhalla and Woo Audio WA2 side by side with their sample tracks.

While it is pretty unfair to put the Woo and Schitt side-by-side due the price-point difference, I sat down for a few hours and tried both.

To me, the Valhalla nearly runs out of juice powering the T1 and to me, sounds a little harsh by emphasising the treble region too much. The T1 is energetic as it is, the Valhalla made the T1 slightly uncomfortable to listen.

By comparison, the WA2..costs a lot more but just sounds fantastic. The synergy between the T1 and WA2 works as I find the treble in a lot my songs becomes less of a super-accurate sting and much more delicate, lusher presentation.

So I bought the WA2.

May 11, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #48 of 50
Woos are clearly voiced for the Beyers. The synergy is fantastic.

May 11, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #49 of 50
Quote:
So I visited "Addicted to Audio" in Melbourne.'

I auditioned the Schitt Valhalla and Woo Audio WA2 side by side with their sample tracks.

While it is pretty unfair to put the Woo and Schitt side-by-side due the price-point difference, I sat down for a few hours and tried both.

To me, the Valhalla nearly runs out of juice powering the T1 and to me, sounds a little harsh by emphasising the treble region too much. The T1 is energetic as it is, the Valhalla made the T1 slightly uncomfortable to listen.

By comparison, the WA2..costs a lot more but just sounds fantastic. The synergy between the T1 and WA2 works as I find the treble in a lot my songs becomes less of a super-accurate sting and much more delicate, lusher presentation.

So I bought the WA2.

Nice score! For that price range, I haven't heard a better T1 amp...simply magical synergy IMO. Enjoy.

I'd strongly recommend going to the TungSol 5998s (tough to find nowadays) or the TungSol 7236s.

May 13, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #50 of 50
Quote:

Nice score! For that price range, I haven't heard a better T1 amp...simply magical synergy IMO. Enjoy.

I'd strongly recommend going to the TungSol 5998s (tough to find nowadays) or the TungSol 7236s.

+1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back