BeyerDynamic owners unite...
Dec 30, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #1,397 of 1,864
Are they still in current production? I know the DT770 Premium has been discontinued.

Dec 30, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #1,398 of 1,864
they only discontinued the  premium, not the 80 ohm pro (as far as i know)

Dec 30, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #1,399 of 1,864
When it comes to DT770, most of the comments I read are regards to the PRO version.  32 and 250 premium (blue rings) have nice looking arms but the cups look quite plasticy.  

Blue-ringed premiums are a bit cheaper now too.  I just wish the PROs have the Premium's cable... and arms.  Oh well...

Dec 30, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #1,401 of 1,864
Just recently got my dt990 250 ohm pros for 150 use, such a great deal. I love everything about them and am a beyerdynamic fan for life. These headphones provide so much detail and life like. Granted im not upgrading or sidegrading from really expensive cans. One question though do you guys know of any other headphones to compliment these. Ive been looking at akg q701. 

Dec 30, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #1,402 of 1,864
Just recently got my dt990 250 ohm pros for 150 use, such a great deal. I love everything about them and am a beyerdynamic fan for life. These headphones provide so much detail and life like. Granted im not upgrading or sidegrading from really expensive cans. One question though do you guys know of any other headphones to compliment these. Ive been looking at akg q701. 

Hifiman He400 maybe if u like it a bit agressive..or the more natural sounding ecellent but also more expensive he500 ( but only with the right amp) ., hd650 sennheiser is more laidback and lush..akg is also good.only a bit cold imho. Good luck with ur search..oh wait..ever tried the beyerdynamix mmx300? I have one..and it sounds completely different then any beyer i heard. I use it as my gaming rig and pc music playing phone and it sounds fantastic..and its real metal built..built like a tank! I will never part from him! :D

Dec 30, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #1,403 of 1,864
Ive looked at those headphones you listed, im not really looking to spend that much but thanks for the recommendation anyways. I dont have the ears to start picking out minute details between high end cans. I see the future of me having alot of 200-250$ headphones with different signatures. I am also when i get more money in getting the Schiit magni/modi. Im currently using a fiio 36 to drive my Beyers.

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #1,404 of 1,864
purchased a DT880 600ohm from Amazon for $250 before Christmas, so  I guess I'm in the club now.

What's people's experience on burning in DT880. I found there was a noticeable difference at 20 hrs, much better instrument separation. I've read most people thinks their DT880 settles around 250 hrs, but some even say 1000 hrs, really?

It's the most expensive headphone I've purchased so far, and I think for $250 delivered, it's a bargain.

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #1,405 of 1,864
At exactly 4,200 hours, the DT880 communicates to you the meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything. 
wink.gif

Seriously, don't get caught up in the burn in game. Just enjoy your headphones (and this DT880 smiley). 
dt880smile.png

I can guarantee you that nothing significant changes, ever, with the DT880 just by playing sound through it. After wearing it for a while, the pads will eventually form to your head, which *m-i-g-h-t* make a slight difference (bringing the driver closer to the ear and sealing better). (If you want to experience a real change, try taking the pads off--it's amazing how such a bright headphone can sound so rolled off without its pads, proving that both pad material/presence or absence and distance of driver from the ear can make a difference in sound).

Any other differences you think you might hear from new are likely just your brain getting used to the DT880's presentation. I had the exact same impression as you initially about instrument separation, but one time, long after I'd put at least 500 hours on my pair but hadn't used it for months, I put it back on and found myself having trouble separating out instruments again until I'd listened to a few songs. It does take some getting used to, almost like getting a new set of glasses.

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #1,406 of 1,864
Quote:
At exactly 4,200 hours, the DT880 communicates to you the meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything. 
wink.gif

i thought only drugs and religion did that
blink.gif

Dec 30, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #1,407 of 1,864
Quote:
i thought only drugs and religion did that
blink.gif

Actually, planet Earth is nothing more than a giant experiment set up by pandimensional beings who appear to us as white mice, all in order to figure out the Ultimate Question to go with the Ultimate Answer of the meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything, which is 42. Unfortunately, ten minutes before the experiment was set to reach completion, a giant DT880 appeared from hyperspace and this happened:

Dec 30, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #1,408 of 1,864
Quote:

Actually, planet Earth is nothing more than a giant experiment set up by pandimensional beings who appear to us as white mice, all in order to figure out the Ultimate Question to go with the Ultimate Answer of the meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything, which is 42. Unfortunately, ten minutes before the experiment was set to reach completion, a giant DT880 appeared from hyperspace and this happened:

epic picture right there!

Dec 30, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #1,410 of 1,864

Users who are viewing this thread

Back