BeyerDynamic owners unite...
Dec 23, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #796 of 1,864
Well, I am joining the Beyer "family".
I have ordered the DT770 Pros because I want good closed 'phones that are comfortable to wear compared to my K701s. Hopefully I will also like the sound!

Dec 24, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #797 of 1,864
have been running the XLO/Reference recordings burn-in track overnight, a little late I know, but fwiw it did make a difference in the spatialization on my DT880s. liking'em even more now... but still not convinced that they need better amping than the Pico provides.

Dec 26, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #798 of 1,864
Yay! I've finally joined the Beyer family with a pair of '05 limited edition 880s in green and silver. Running it off a humble Edge amp now, but I lurvvve it! I'm hearing all sorts of details in my music now!

Dec 27, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #799 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by norseman8485 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yay! I've finally joined the Beyer family with a pair of '05 limited edition 880s in green and silver. Running it off a humble Edge amp now, but I lurvvve it! I'm hearing all sorts of details in my music now!

Never heard about the limited edition 880's.

Do you mind posting a picture?

Dec 30, 2008 at 4:11 AM Post #800 of 1,864
111.jpg

These are it. I was told they were special editions and cost a tad more than the standard silver ones though I managed to get them at the same price as the stock. They look good though, sort of semi-manufaktur, and especially on a dark wood headphone stand.

Dec 30, 2008 at 7:26 AM Post #801 of 1,864
I also have a pair of DT880's (2005), which I'm driving with the headphone jack on a Portal Audio Panache. I still have the old HD580's that I used before, but I haven't plugged those in in more than a year.

JB

Dec 30, 2008 at 1:45 PM Post #802 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by norseman8485 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
111.jpg

These are it. I was told they were special editions and cost a tad more than the standard silver ones though I managed to get them at the same price as the stock. They look good though, sort of semi-manufaktur, and especially on a dark wood headphone stand.

VERY nice! These look terrific and I bet they sound great.

Dec 31, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #804 of 1,864
I was never a Beyers fan until I got my 48a. Beyers is now at the fore front for me. I am getting the 48e with cardas cable next month. I'm really looking forward to it. I asked if Beyers had a statement head phone or a 'real' flag ship model. I had the 880/990. Both are good, I just expected more. I never thought I'd find Beyers flagship headphones in a 50 yr old design. To me, they easily out class the 880/990 in many areas.

Dec 31, 2008 at 6:45 AM Post #805 of 1,864
Just joined the team. Got my DT-770/80 Pros a couple weeks ago and love them. Running them off a Little Dot I+ with stock for now tubes. Thinking about some 880's next.

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:06 AM Post #807 of 1,864
It wasn't like that since day 1.. it wasn't perfect and never will be ... but we had many days to know each other better... our weaknesses and strengths... and now, few weeks passed and I love them and will always go to bed with them along with Natalie Imbruglia, Enya, Dido, Justine Suissa, Audrey Gallagher, Jennifer Rene, Nadia Ali, Sharon Den Adel, Vera Ostrova, Cathy Burton and many other divas... They never were so close as now.. Thank you my precious DT880 :)

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:24 AM Post #808 of 1,864
guys....need help with my DT990

after 2-3 years of almost daily usage.... its time to clean my cans...

problem is HOW???

i need to clean the velour pads...theyre no longer silver/grey...theyre more like light brown now... i guess all the oil from my face must have stuck to the pads...

same thing with the headband. the leather needs cleaning... guessing the oil from my hair (used to have long hair til recently) got stuck on the headband...

im very sure it needs a thorough washing. how do i do that?? dry cleaning? washing machine??? etc etc..???

same thing with the leather headband...how? especially since u cant take it off....

frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It wasn't like that since day 1.. it wasn't perfect and never will be ... but we had many days to know each other better... our weaknesses and strengths... and now, few weeks passed and I love them and will always go to bed with them along with Natalie Imbruglia, Enya, Dido, Justine Suissa, Audrey Gallagher, Jennifer Rene, Nadia Ali, Sharon Den Adel, Vera Ostrova, Cathy Burton and many other divas... They never were so close as now.. Thank you my precious DT880 :)

thats alot of women to be going to be with!! you are such a pimp
beyersmile.png

Dec 31, 2008 at 1:42 PM Post #809 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by mADmAN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
guys....need help with my DT990

after 2-3 years of almost daily usage.... its time to clean my cans...

problem is HOW???

i need to clean the velour pads...theyre no longer silver/grey...theyre more like light brown now... i guess all the oil from my face must have stuck to the pads...

same thing with the headband. the leather needs cleaning... guessing the oil from my hair (used to have long hair til recently) got stuck on the headband...

im very sure it needs a thorough washing. how do i do that?? dry cleaning? washing machine??? etc etc..???

same thing with the leather headband...how? especially since u cant take it off....

frown.gif

The leather headband does come off. The seam is like Zip-lock. No problem there.

As for the pads, after 2-3 years, my strong recommendation would be to replace them. It's $30 well spent.

Dec 31, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #810 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The leather headband does come off. The seam is like Zip-lock. No problem there.

[size=medium]As for the pads, after 2-3 years, my strong recommendation would be to replace them. It's $30 well spent.[/size]

X2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back