BeyerDynamic owners unite...
Mar 30, 2008 at 7:20 AM Post #616 of 1,864
Does anyone know the driver size of the DT 770's?

Like is it 40mm or 50mm and what's the magnet type? I'm just curious.

Mar 31, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #617 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaproject /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know the driver size of the DT 770's?

Like is it 40mm or 50mm and what's the magnet type? I'm just curious.

I have no clue. I'll try to measure it later.

Apr 5, 2008 at 1:57 PM Post #619 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by BHTX
Anyway, I'll update as soon as I get them and give them a good listen.

Quote:

I can hardly wait!
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Still waiting on mine...
frown.gif

Quote:

^ Good to hear! I'll probably feel the same way, at least I'm hoping.

[size=small]See sig...[/size]

Apr 5, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #620 of 1,864
Unfortunately I only have the mid-fi 770. And it's not even amped yet. I've been thinking about getting the 880s or the 990s but I'm not sure which to get. I hear they are very different.

Apr 5, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #621 of 1,864
Enjoying my DT-880's considerably since I picked them up. I'm glad that I waited to try other gear and then took the plunge on these. After burn-in, they are my dynamic of choice.

Next step: Tube amp and Vintage STAX!

Nylan

Apr 6, 2008 at 4:03 PM Post #623 of 1,864
the farthest ive gotten to taking the beyers apart was..
removing the ear pads, removing the foam slice, prying off the round ring and thats it

thats the only foam ive seen, am i supposed to dig deeper??
and how can a piece of hair cause that problem?? thanks

Apr 10, 2008 at 7:26 AM Post #624 of 1,864
Just ordered the DT 880 Pros. I can't believe I have wasted soooooo much time on these threads! Don't I have anything better to do?? Can't wait to get them......waiting.......waiting........waaaiiiiiit ing.........
now I wonder whether I should have ordered the 2005 version......no...wait....oh man! why don't they sell only one version to make it easier to chose?????
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2008 at 9:36 AM Post #627 of 1,864
Virtually three years after starting this thread, my Beyers are hanging up for maybe their final time (although I doubt that hehe)...

...My new MDR-SA5000s arrived this morning, and even with zero hours on the clock, they sound pretty kick @ss
biggrin.gif

I will still remain an honoury member of Team Beyer though
wink.gif

Apr 29, 2008 at 9:09 AM Post #629 of 1,864
Okay - question for everyone...
I just finished listening to 770s (250ohm) and 990s because those are the only ones I can find in Canada. Really I intended to get the 880s, but since I can't try them, can someone enlighten me as to how they compare to these other two? I found the 770's a very enjoyable sonic signature but lacking in detail and the bass sounded a bit rounded ( I suppose it IS a closed 'phone). The 990's I found had good detail, but easily enough bass to give me a headache after about 45 min at my preferred listening level, so those are a no-go for me. I'm hoping the 880's serve up the best of both worlds. My preference is probably towards strong mids, and moderate bass, with as much detail as possible while still remaining smooth (and not getting "sparkly", god forbid). Do they fit that description?
Thanks,

M

Apr 29, 2008 at 11:37 AM Post #630 of 1,864
just got my second pair of dt770 80ohm. yeah, i love them. they are my favourite all-around phones. i can bus with them. walk with them. study with them (not effectively). i can library with them etc.

my dt880 are my favs for overall listening but these are just so interoperable. love them to pieces. i have branched out to ultrasones as well and love them but overall - for comfort, fit and sound, i am a beyer head

Users who are viewing this thread

Back