BeyerDynamic owners unite...
Aug 15, 2005 at 2:42 PM Post #136 of 1,864
Aug 15, 2005 at 2:43 PM Post #137 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by blaze
I'm in Canada.. not looking to spend more than $200 for something that would blow me away.. but preferabbly something close to the century mark (not sure if this is a Canadian site?? haha).

I saw this on E-bay...
http://www.practicaldevices.com/index.htm

thoughts?

Hmm...if you are in Canada, I would strongly suggest you look at Norm's Go-Vibe and at Gary's PocketAmp V2. Both Norm and Gary are Canadians, Gary charges CAD$ for his PocketAmp V2 and Norm charges USD$ for his Go-Vibe. The good thing is, you don't have to worry about cross border purchase hassle.

PocketAmp V2 Website: http://www.electric-avenues.com/
Go Vibe Website: http://members.shaw.ca/storage_2/headsave/

Aug 15, 2005 at 5:33 PM Post #138 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by jerb
just a question regarding the beyer DT770's

What is the difference between the 250 and the 80 model? is there a sonic difference, age, difficulty to drive?

((((
600smile.gif
))))

There is a sonic difference between them. I have the 80 ohm model but I've never heard the 250 ohm model so this description of the differences is purely second hand. The 80 ohm model is suppost to correct many of the problems of the 250 ohm model by have less-bright highs, less recessed mids, and slightly softer bass. The 80 ohm version is newer, and being 80 ohms it's also easier to drive. The 80 ohm model (in the US at least) is only available through Guitar Center, a large chain of pro-audio stores (any major US city should have one), due to an exclusive agreement they have with Beyerdynamic. If you live outside of the US you and you want an 80-ohm model might try contacting Jan Meier of Meier Audio to see if he can source an 80-ohm for you, or to have a US Head-Fi'er purchase one at a Guitar Center and then ship it to you.

Aug 22, 2005 at 2:50 AM Post #141 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent Hutto
So from all you self-proclaimed Beyer Lovers out there...

What is the Beyer Sound? Use small words for a newbie, please.

It's just BEAUTIFUL?
very_evil_smiley.gif

A DT-931 lover here. I don't know if I can find a can that suits me better than this baby.
biggrin.gif

Clean, Detail, Dynamic.

Aug 22, 2005 at 2:56 AM Post #142 of 1,864
It's hard to say there is ONE Beyer sound.....

but my 880's are:
neutral but with lively detailed airy highs,
fluid mids, clear
deep, tight but polite bass.
expansive soundstage

Basically, nearly the perfect headphone for me.

Aug 22, 2005 at 12:46 PM Post #143 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent Hutto
So from all you self-proclaimed Beyer Lovers out there...

What is the Beyer Sound? Use small words for a newbie, please.

"Just Exactly Perfect".

For me anyway, referring to my DT770Pro80's, which is to say: very robust bass, smooth midrange, clear but non-fatiguing highs, and a VERY high comfort factor.

Aug 22, 2005 at 1:05 PM Post #144 of 1,864
I agree with warpdriver's description of the DT880's sound.

After using the DT880 for a few months, I'm appreciating its comfort and durability more and more.

Its relatively small form factor compared to other full-size headphones such as the HD650, K501, or ATH is very convenient.

It is also relatively robust compared to the ATH-AD2000 and Grado RS-1. I don't worry about scratching or chipping it.

Aug 22, 2005 at 2:01 PM Post #145 of 1,864
There is no explicit Beyer sound. It may be possible to talk about an AKG sound, 'cause all of them lean towards the neutral side. But the Beyer models are far too different sounding.
very_evil_smiley.gif
But what you can talk of is a Beyer design. All of them are almost indestructable and damned ugly.
I personally love my DT770'250. They have that bombastic "subwoofer + loudness" sound that I am not allowed to play through my speakers.
basshead.gif

Aug 22, 2005 at 2:28 PM Post #147 of 1,864
I haven't had a lot of headphones, but I recently got the DT831, and i love it!
I have tried dads DT250-80, but i prefer the DT831. Very clean, precise and beautiful sound.
I am running it thru a Edirol UA-25.

To me, it works with all kind of music, but these cans made me discover the beauty in classical music..

But overall, when I wear them with the headband pretty tight, they feel very balanced (not that I know, but still)

Love it!

Aug 30, 2005 at 4:26 AM Post #149 of 1,864
I just bought the Beyerdynamic DT770's today...I totally love them!!!
basshead.gif

Aug 30, 2005 at 4:47 AM Post #150 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuffMorgan
Question:

Anyone know what ebony wood cups for the DT770/80s from Headphile would do to the sound? I.e., would it tighten up the bass on it, etc.?

i dont see how they can tighten the bass with the vacant jumper wire holes unblocked.... I know mine are a muddy boomy sloppy mess with those unplugged. Then again Ive never heard one so i have no first hand experience and thus am not qualified to comment.

see pics in this thread:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=133832

Users who are viewing this thread

Back