Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm Thread
Nov 2, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #541 of 706
Has anyone tried these cans (either 80 or 250 ohms) with a Little Dot mkii? 

I recently updated to a Schiit Mjolnir2 so my LD is gathering dust so I figured I'd bring it to the office. However, I don't have a decent pair of closed-back headphones to go with it so I was considering the Beyer DT770. I already own a pair of DT990 600 ohms and I find the LD was lacking a bit of power to drive them proprely.

Any impressions?

Nov 4, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #542 of 706
the slider on my pro 80 broke after adjusting it (under 2 years), so i shipped it back to the store.
After 7 weeks the importer that had service rights said it was not covered under warranty..

Anyways got the shop to ship me a new one (consumer laws). Don't know if this is specific to my country's service partner, but does not sound good. The plastic broke under 2 years and only adjusted a handful times.

Nov 4, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #543 of 706
  the slider on my pro 80 broke after adjusting it (under 2 years), so i shipped it back to the store.
After 7 weeks the importer that had service rights said it was not covered under warranty..

Anyways got the shop to ship me a new one (consumer laws). Don't know if this is specific to my country's service partner, but does not sound good. The plastic broke under 2 years and only adjusted a handful times.

You can buy the slider pieces from beyer (at least in N. America for $29~)

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/spare-parts/schieber-reparatur-set.html

might be bad luck with your mine are 4yrs old (at least can't remember) and these parts are fine on mine..   I haven't seen a ton of reports of these breaking but it does happen sometimes I guess.

Nov 4, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #544 of 706
yes i looked for somewhere that shipped to my country, but figured it should not break under 2 years. Consumer laws are 5 years for these items, so 7 weeks later the shop is finally sending a new dt770 80.

Over here theres consumer laws and product warranty, so importer can deny warranty then the shop has to cover the cost. 

just a sidenote that an official importer says "physical damage" is not covered when the slider just cracked when adjusting.

Nov 9, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #546 of 706
  What about using DT 770 80-Ohm with Fiio X1?
And is this headphone decent for the most genres of metal music?
Any ideas or experiences here?
I'm sorry if my questions are lame or already answered though.

I haven't tried, but from my experience with my X5 II and a bunch of headphones I'd say you'll need an amp for that. I believe Fiio has a portable amp that has pretty good reviews.

Nov 12, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #547 of 706
Ordered a pair of the 770's 80 ohm, going to pair with the A&K Jr. Will they need a portable amp or run fine with the dap?
Most of my music in flac format, 16-44, some 24-96 and 24-192
Thanks in advance for some advise.

Nov 13, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #548 of 706
  I'm considering buying Schiit Modi 2U and Schiit Magni 2U pair to power my Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO 80 Ohms. Any thoughts on these pair ?

I have previously used Fiio E07 and was not happy with the sound. I currently have an Astell & Kern AK Jr, which sounds amazing but has just enough power to drive the Beyers. 

I need something which can comfortably drive them.

I have recently purchased the A&K Jr. and have the 770 80 ohm on the way, so you say the jr. has enough juice to power the headphones in your opinion?

Nov 13, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #549 of 706
  What about using DT 770 80-Ohm with Fiio X1?
And is this headphone decent for the most genres of metal music?
Any ideas or experiences here?
I'm sorry if my questions are lame or already answered though.

I don't know if this is considered metal, I like the channel and they post a lot of this trance/metal'ish stuff and sound pretty dop on 80s.

And metal drumming solos at high bpm, I find it can keep up, and it thumps nice.

Nov 13, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #550 of 706
It does not get loud enough with AK Jr. You have to always maintain the volume between 65 - 75 to use the Beyer.

AK Jr is a fantastic player, but the headphones need a proper AC powered amp to drive them to respectable volumes. Its better to invest in a different headphone. I returned mine.

Nov 14, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #551 of 706
Does anyone know how the hm5 velour pads affect the sound quality/signature on these? I want to change pads mostly due to aesthetic reasons.

I own the hm5 pads already which is why I'm asking, but if they change the sound in a bad way I might go out if my way to buy the "black edition" of this headphone instead.

Nov 14, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #552 of 706
Does anyone know how the hm5 velour pads affect the sound quality/signature on these? I want to change pads mostly due to aesthetic reasons.

I own the hm5 pads already which is why I'm asking, but if they change the sound in a bad way I might go out if my way to buy the "black edition" of this headphone instead.

Probably wiser to buy the black edition. These pads are engineered specifically for the closed version and different from 990v even which look identical. Hm5 is completely different.

Nov 14, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #553 of 706
Hey.
Does Fiio X3-II have enough juice for DT 770 (250 ohm)? On the Website, it says 24 mW @ 300 ohm but I don't know how much mW means juicy for how much ohm. Another thing is, X3-II is 200 mW @ 32 ohm where Q1 is 190 mW @ 32 ohm. So it's more powerful than a decent amp.

Nov 22, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #554 of 706
hi everyone i just pulled the trigger on this baby.

I was planning to use it with my pc from the onboard sound card at moment. And in the future planning get Audio engine A5's or some thing else..

was wondering any good dac/amp combos that you guys could recommend for a newbie like me please 

i was wondering what you guys think about the Audio Engine D1 amp/dac for the DT770 

thanks

Dec 16, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #555 of 706
recently upgraded from MDR-V6 for home use to DT 770 PRO 80 ohm.  I am currently pairing it with Schiit Fulla.  Anyone would recommend a Cayin C5D over it? (for $99)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back