Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm Thread
Feb 23, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #226 of 706
Well, I cannot see any recent posts about Sparrow amp/dac, just one bump.
Also, I prefer something available in EU, alternatively some FiiO which is kinda popular in my country. Or some internal cards for DT770 with good synergy?

Regards.

EDIT: I'm looking for some neutral/a bit emphasized mid source, no need for bass/treble boosters :)

Mar 25, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #228 of 706
Get some ALPHAS! I just got my DT770 Premium 600 ohm in the mail and had to see if my Alpha Pads fit, and they do, perfectly. The sound and isolation is amazing. 

How do the sound changes? Comfort even better than on the velours? Anybody tried the alphas on the 80 Ohm version?

Mar 25, 2014 at 6:31 AM Post #229 of 706

Get some ALPHAS! I just got my DT770 Premium 600 ohm in the mail and had to see if my Alpha Pads fit, and they do, perfectly. The sound and isolation is amazing. 

How do the sound changes? Comfort even better than on the velours? Anybody tried the alphas on the 80 Ohm version?

Message esmBOS about the Alphas on the 770-80ohm. Mine are 600 ohms so my description of the sound would do nothing for you.
 I think thy're equally comfortable, the Alphas sit on my ears and are very soft so they don't bother me, and the Velours go around my ear so they don't bother my ears either. 

Mar 25, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #230 of 706
I'll add my appreciation here for the DT770 Pro 80 Ohm.  Got mine at Guitar Center and love these headphones, especially for rap and electronic but also everything else I listen to (rock, pop, etc).  My favorite closed headphones.

Currently pairing with Schiit Modi/Asgard 2 at home and Modi/Magni at work.

Apr 2, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #233 of 706
They sound fine through my imac/iphone, but I'm powering them generally with a Scarlett 2i2, which, if you believe in the 1/8 rule, would seem like a near perfect match for these as the outgoing impedence is rated at somewhere close to 10Ω.

Apr 6, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #234 of 706
Anyone know what these "ear seals" are for

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/edt-cotton-ear-seals.html

Apr 10, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #235 of 706

I use this eq to make the MIDs more natural. I've got no idea how these headphones are a bass head phone lul. Well they are if I press the "loudness" button on my vintage amp which significantly increases bass and treble. Anyway without that the bass is light. The bass is there when it should be. Its tight bass and not a humming bass only is humming when the bass is highly equed. The bass is actually is so light that when I actually turn the bass up I can hear bass (instruments) playing and when the bass is neutral then I can only vaguely hear that instrument. Maybe its because my 770 pro might be a new version or something I dunno. Definetly not bass monster. I've had the demon ahd1100 and they are quite a bass head headphone. As well as the super cheap mono price 8323. But my 770 80 has deep bass when its supposed to be there definelty goes really low like under 30hz and its tight not bloated. The deep bass is rare and is present in some tracks.

Apr 11, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #236 of 706

I use this eq to make the MIDs more natural. I've got no idea how these headphones are a bass head phone lul. Well they are if I press the "loudness" button on my vintage amp which significantly increases bass and treble. Anyway without that the bass is light. The bass is there when it should be. Its tight bass and not a humming bass only is humming when the bass is highly equed. The bass is actually is so light that when I actually turn the bass up I can hear bass (instruments) playing and when the bass is neutral then I can only vaguely hear that instrument. Maybe its because my 770 pro might be a new version or something I dunno. Definetly not bass monster. I've had the demon ahd1100 and they are quite a bass head headphone. As well as the super cheap mono price 8323. But my 770 80 has deep bass when its supposed to be there definelty goes really low like under 30hz and its tight not bloated. The deep bass is rare and is present in some tracks.

Do you use an amp with your headphones? These are definitely not a bass-light headphone. What genre do you normally listen to? I dare you to listen to some dubstep. I double dog dare you.

Wait for the drop.

Nero - Reaching Out

Apr 11, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #237 of 706
I listen to trap music,dubstep, hiphop, chillstep. I use my amp which is a Toshiba SB-M2. It has a loudness button. When thats pressed on the music sounds more lively. With it out the music sounds dry and lacks impact. The bass does go high when its pressed on tho.

I actually enjoyed listening to the bass on that song.

Have a listen to the genre of music i listen to;

Apr 11, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #238 of 706
Also can someone try this EQ and see if it has made a difference to your bass levels. 

HZ |  Boost 

31          0
62          0
125        0
250        0
500      +1
1k        +1
2k        +2
4k        +3
8k        +1
16k      +2

Apr 11, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #239 of 706
OKAY IVE FIGURED IT OUT FOR ALL YOU GUYS HAVING TOO MUCH BASS WITH DT 770 PRO!

above the yokes you have a port on each of the headphone. Block it. Experiment with different materials!

Apr 12, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #240 of 706
  Also can someone try this EQ and see if it has made a difference to your bass levels. 

HZ |  Boost 

31          0
62          0
125        0
250        0
500      +1
1k        +1
2k        +2
4k        +3
8k        +1
16k      +2

of course that will make the bass less prominent as you are boosting everything that is not bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back