Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm Thread
Feb 7, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #196 of 706
I've got J$ pads on mine.

Feb 7, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #198 of 706
That ****ty moment when the hair thin wire of the DT990 driver disconnects.......holy schiit! I just got them looking nice with purple felt and everything..

Feb 7, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #200 of 706
Yes the voice coil wire.. the stupid post fell out when i was removing the old wire and it disconnected the wire.

I got some sound out of the left ear but sadly it doesnt work correctly.

Things that should be played in the left ear sound like they are being played by both drivers. But there are still sounds only played in the left driver.....very perplexing.

Well they look good, do I get cool points for that?

Here's pics:

The inside is less then pretty though: exposed wire, excess solder, burn marks in the damping material, blood make up some of the insides.

Note to self, don't mod while intoxicated.

Feb 7, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #202 of 706
Umm I would have no idea how to get a replacement driver.  I'm guessing I won't be covered under the beyerdynamic warranty.

Me:  "They suddenly stopped working as intended"

Feb 7, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #207 of 706
They're really comfortable without glasses. I adjusted my glasses, stretched out the headband, and tried softening up the pads, and its a bit better. It probably is my glasses the frames are kinda thick but I never had much issue with other headphones.

Wondering if the velour pads will be better.

They fit ok with my LaCoste shades tough

Feb 8, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #210 of 706

OMG I got the E7 and it's freakin awesome so far!!!!!

I'm glad you like it! See? Fiio isn't so bad after all, eh?

People hate on Fiio because they're a Chinese company that sales cheaper gear but I think that's BS because the majority of people that try there stuff love it!! It's so beyond a great value it's bonker! Check out the E12. Not that much more but will really push the DT770's to their proper limits.

Thanks,

:evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back