Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm Thread
Jan 7, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #139 of 706
  I think Raul Montana should offer his talents/services for funds :)
At least he can be sure he has 2 customers already :)

I wish! Maybe one day, I'll have the time, proper place to take such requests. It would be an awesome job though, to work customizing headphones only, one day 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 7, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #141 of 706
Had these for about three weeks. Powering them with a Fiio e07k. Absolutely the best EDM cans to date for me. The M100's were good, but the bass on the DT770's... WOW

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #142 of 706
I wanted some closed back headphones a few years ago and fell in love with DT770s in the HiFi store, just had to have that bass sound!

A while back I gave them to my daughter and immediately started missing them (only used them occasionally, but sometimes it's just the right sound, and great on trains). So I bought another pair last year and found they are not quite as good, still great fun though.

Let's be honest, the bass is really OTT on these, however a lovely sound; as others have said here, great for movies and I find for older recordings. For example they sounded really great when watching a DVD of The Doors in concert from the late 1960s.

I was pleased to see they have an appreciation thread on this forum, if I was only allowed one pair of headphones it wouldn't be these, but I won't be parted from them again!

Jan 22, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #149 of 706
So my  modified Beyers will be terminated with a Switchcraft 3.5mm plug (nickel plated).

As I am no longer able to use the factory (original) screw-on 6.3mm adapter plug, I am going to need a snap-on 6.3mm (1/4 inch) adapter when using my home amplifier.
Are there any that are better than others? I would prefer a silver plated or a gold plated one - looks really doesn't matter, but if it looks good, then i'd consider it a bonus.

If you guys were to buy one, where would you get it? Any special places? links would be much appreciated...

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back