Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions
Aug 17, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #151 of 3,701
I appreciate your view on that. I run live sound (always with heavy duty ear plugs) and play in a few bands. Also do studio work. An advantage to the DT770 scooped sound I guess could be the massive treble spike will make them not push their 'esses' so much requiring less de-essing later. Same for the ATH-M50 which is also popular for that. 

I don't play myself (except for DJing from time to time), but I think we're on the same page.
I also got custom earplugs when starting out doing live sound and started wear them when visiting clubs (i.e. not working there) as well... well worth the expense I think. And cheaper than a hearing aid later on :wink:

Thats a really interesting thought regarding ess... never occurred to me but may well be the case.

Aug 18, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #155 of 3,701

Yup, http://japanese.engadget.com/2015/08/18/ak-t8ie-beyerdynamic-astellandkern/

I know they exist... my question was if that was the thing @hanselmann was referring to when he mentioned the 10 days :wink:

Aug 18, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #156 of 3,701

OK!  Times up!

What's the big secret!?!

Astell&Kern AK T8iE. A Tesla technology in-ear headphones made in cooperation between Astell&Kern and built by us.
A&K have the lead in communication, so please excuse, that I won't comment on it on Head-Fi.

Aug 18, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #157 of 3,701

I know they exist... my question was if that was the thing @hanselmann was referring to when he mentioned the 10 days :wink:

It is 
smile.gif

Aug 18, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #159 of 3,701

Astell&Kern AK T8iE. A Tesla technology in-ear headphones made in cooperation between Astell&Kern and built by us.
A&K have the lead in communication, so please excuse, that I won't comment on it on Head-Fi.

Wow!  Those look really nice!

Not much of an IEM man myself, but I'll definitely check them out at some point.

Thanks again.

Aug 18, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #160 of 3,701
Subbed/Very happy to just learn about the DT1770 from offhand mention in another thread!

Constantly on the move, so recently traded my 770 and 1350 moving to all-IEM for compact traveling, and really regretting it, lol.  If they are somewhere in the neighborhood of a 770 and a full-size 1350 that would be ideal... was thinking of springing for some audio-technica m70x soon, but now I think I'll hold out for more 1770 impressions to trickle out
beerchug.gif

Had no idea Beyerdynamic were so controversial on head-fi... used for bedroom production and casual listening, 1350s were just a great replacement for my dead hd25, and I really enjoyed the 770, though I can see the complaints about recessed mids, the treble never really struck me as excessively spiky... also probably the most comfortable-but-secure headphones I've ever worn, which really starts to count for something after an hour or two
tongue.gif

Aug 19, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #162 of 3,701

Hm, in-ear Tesla sounds interesting. But why cooperation with A&K?! They should launch it by themselves, paying extra price for that brand is little bit...

Because AK helps to a company like JH audio to became a mainstream and well known worldwide for music lovers...
Before AK, they were a professional company for professionals...

Beyerdynamic also wants to became an audiophile mainstream ...

Aug 19, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #163 of 3,701

Hm, in-ear Tesla sounds interesting. But why cooperation with A&K?! They should launch it by themselves, paying extra price for that brand is little bit...

Because AK helps to a company like JH audio to became a mainstream and well known worldwide for music lovers...
Before AK, they were a professional company for professionals...

Beyerdynamic also wants to became an audiophile mainstream ...

Wow, really?  I guess Sennheiser and Audio-Technica better get in line too, so every mainstream consumer who is going to drop $2.5k-$3.5k on their A&K DAP can finally discover Beyer, Senns, and AT
wink.gif

Aug 19, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #164 of 3,701
Beyer+A&K already has some history, see the Beyerdynamic A200p and the A&K version of the T5p... Still I think my in-ear selection is sufficient as I'm more into over-ears. And the more I thunk about the DT1770, the more I'm looking forward to my visit at IFA :)

Aug 19, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #165 of 3,701
Beyer+A&K already has some history, see the Beyerdynamic A200p and the A&K version of the T5p... Still I think my in-ear selection is sufficient as I'm more into over-ears. And the more I thunk about the DT1770, the more I'm looking forward to my visit at IFA :)
Please share your impressions when the time comes. I can't come to IFA :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back