1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by vartan, Aug 5, 2015.
First

Back
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Next

Last
  1. Beagle
    Quote:

I agree. It's like using a girl's medical chart or school report card to determine if she'd be good in the sack....

KT66 and TwelveTrains like this.
  2. zackzack

Please don't compare T70 with the rest of the T series. T70 is probably a waste of buyer's time to include in the line-up. It has one of the harshest, unpleasant presentation of music.
    T90 is not a moderate upgrade, it is a significant leap over T70. That is how bad T70 is to my ears, IMHO, YMMV, etc.

3. zackzack

I think what everyone here is waiting for is: "Peaky treble much?"

4. KT66
    My.LP12 probably measures terribly, but sounds dreamy.

5. Synthax

Thanks, but are the many differences between pleather or velour pads in dt1170?

6. Synthax
    And can you check if these got T1 variation drivers inside? :) Or smth similar :)

7. zackzack

Maybe you have something there.....

8. pietcux
    Here are some impressions from the IFA. Directly from the Beyerdynamic booth:

DSC_6214.jpg

DSC_6216.jpg

My own set is due tomorrow morning. Got one from Ebay Germany. 599€ My sound impression on the IFA told me it is worth it.
    Cheers

Peter

beyerlove and Vartan like this.
  9. gelocks

Interesting... We have tried most of the same headphones so, I'm more curious now. Thanks... Or maybe I shouldn't thank you! :wink:

10. DecentLevi
    So if the DT 1770 is like an upgrade to the 150, I'm interested - but about the sound signature being similar, well I'm not all about that emphasized bass. But even it's it's darker than my preferred signature... man oh man some of the things I've read on this thread like it still sounding good after listening to the Orpheus... that makes me wanna get this thing come hell or high water! I guess if everything else is more refined than the DT 150 it should still be worth it, then I can tame the bass with tube-rolling or EQ'ing.
    I'd like to try the Pioneer HRM-7 too, but would have to compare it directly to the 1770 to see how the sound stacks up with all it's new technology & design.

11. beyerlove
    I just wanted to clarify that these are completely different sounding headphones
    because some might think that DT1770 is only a "T70 with pro-look outfit" looking at the specsheets, especially frequency response (5-4000Hz).

12. RERO
    Are there any sonic differences between the pad types? I'm really not looking forward on using the pleather pads.

13. DavidA
    GF and I got a laugh out of your comment, so she asked me how I did my determination .....[​IMG]

14. Synthax
    It's a pity the pads od DT1170 are pleather. Or Am I wrong ant these are real leather?

15. DecentLevi

First

Back
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Next

Last