Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant!
May 17, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #1,906 of 2,575
True, but Sure IEMs are not earbuds, and cannot be compared to any earbuds I know of. Actually, I've liked the 425 series for so long that I've been very tempted to find a grand for the 846, which has a huge following around here. It's a different experience to get into IEMs, but they can really be the only serious option in many circumstances where you can't get rid of outside noise. If you live in a loud city like I do, they can really help you escape. I think the main thing with the higher models is that they are more sensitive to subtle changes in your source, whereas for listening with a mobile phone or whatever the 315-535 series is probably fine. 

May 17, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #1,907 of 2,575
I have to say, I've heard many other great headphones out there, almost all the other 'higher' Beyerdynamic series, Sennheiser HD650, HD800, AKG702, Final Pandora Hope VI, Audeze EL8, LCDX, even in ears like Fitears, Noble, JH... and I can confidently say that the DT150 hold it's own.

I'll probably won't trade my DT150 for any of the others. Except maybe the Audezes :p But those are still big maybes

May 17, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #1,908 of 2,575
SE846s due their excessively low impedance seem to over picky when it comes to source. I've read so many posts constantly complaining of hissing from otherwise good portable devices such as Sony A15 and the latest iPhone etc. Don't seem fit for purpose to me somehow.

May 17, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #1,911 of 2,575
  I'm using the dt100 velour pads without the foam, that thick foam kill the highs a bit too much.

I have dt100 velours also, and was using them without foams for a long time but now after listening VE Monk plus earbuds, I've adjusted to warmer signature and I put foams back on. Maybe gonna take them of at some point but right now I'm enjoying warmer sound.

May 17, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #1,912 of 2,575
i was able to instal the Fischer Audio fa 003 velour pads, there is improvement in sound and comfort, the soundstage is bigger, there's more upper treble and less mid bass, the headphones are still smooth but more spacious and clean

May 17, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #1,916 of 2,575

Best way to tame bass is dt100 velour pads. Also way more comfy than stock pads. I bought velours very early when I got dt150s and never looked back.

They are incredibly hard to find in the US unfortunately.  I found a UK site that delivers but the delivery charge is more than what the actual pads cost.

May 18, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #1,917 of 2,575

They are incredibly hard to find in the US unfortunately.  I found a UK site that delivers but the delivery charge is more than what the actual pads cost.

That a pity. But how about Brainwavz HM5 pads, they are available also in velour, and are suitable for DT150. I bet that they also might be more comfortable than DT100 velours.

May 18, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #1,918 of 2,575
That a pity. But how about Brainwavz HM5 pads, they are available also in velour, and are suitable for DT150. I bet that they also might be more comfortable than DT100 velours.

I didn't know those would fit. The pad opening is quite a bit smaller than the stock pads though are they not?

Edit: Just found these on eBay, they are interchangeable with the dt150 correct? Link

Users who are viewing this thread

Back