Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant!
Sep 6, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #392 of 2,575
Looking forward for some DT100 impressions which I've never even seen live. I highly regard DT150.

Sep 7, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #394 of 2,575
I think the DT100 were just made for midrange detail, not enjoyable music listening. Like with DT48 you can hear some nice midrange transients, but they were not as transparent as the DT48 either. 

Having owned the two I've had lots of fun comparing them side by side.

Also my DT100 has terrible coloration in 250-500hz range, which makes for a honky sound. That could improve clarity in speech applications, I don't know. You can get used to it, but listening to something else they will sound colored and weird at first.

gets over driven at every 10Hz sweep , it looses control for a sec and then it becomes normal

I don't know why would you drive a 10hz sweep at these headphones. Anything testing below 30hz is stupid in headphones, you just can't hear it with any dynamic. What you will hear is distortion and not actual bass though this should be obvious. 

Sep 7, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #395 of 2,575

I don't know why would you drive a 10hz sweep at these headphones. Anything testing below 30hz is stupid in headphones, you just can't hear it with any dynamic. What you will hear is distortion and not actual bass though this should be obvious. 

Well that's a classic misunderstanding 
What I meant was that at every 10hz increment from 40-100Hz that phenomenon happens , not at 10Hz .

Sep 7, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #396 of 2,575
I misread your post.. 
redface.gif
 Yes that is quite interesting behavior from the driver.. 

Sep 8, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #397 of 2,575
I decided to let go of my AKG K712 Pro, while I really enjoy it's sound, it causes me ear fatigue and I decided I don't want any headphones that fatigue my ears. It's basically just the DT 150 and the K612(which doesn't fatigue me) now and likely later an HD 600 for me. I listen to music at moderate-high volumes so I need something that doesn't fatigue me at the volume levels I listen to. I'm trading headphones with a friend who listens at low volume levels so they are getting a good home. The DT 150 fits the bill of not being fatiguing at the moderate-high listening levels very nicely as they never bother me one bit.

Sep 9, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #399 of 2,575
  I decided to let go of my AKG K712 Pro, while I really enjoy it's sound, it causes me ear fatigue and I decided I don't want any headphones that fatigue my ears. It's basically just the DT 150 and the K612(which doesn't fatigue me) now and likely later an HD 600 for me. I listen to music at moderate-high volumes so I need something that doesn't fatigue me at the volume levels I listen to. I'm trading headphones with a friend who listens at low volume levels so they are getting a good home. The DT 150 fits the bill of not being fatiguing at the moderate-high listening levels very nicely as they never bother me one bit.

I'm interested in what you find fatiguing about it, as I'm considering buying it. 

Sep 9, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #400 of 2,575
I'm interested in what you find fatiguing about it, as I'm considering buying it. 

I believe it's the upper midrange that fatigues me, it's a bit too forward. It's not obvious about it to me, but after an hour or two I'm bothered by the sound around the listening level I enjoy, at lower volumes it's fine. My ears become stuffy when fatigued.

Sep 9, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #401 of 2,575
same problem i had with K701/Q701... uppermids somewhere, grating on my ears.
espcially for vocals..still tolerable for classical music :p

Sep 9, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #402 of 2,575

Just got my 100s and What is this , they sound atrocious 
I am speechless - Well ignore , I found out why they sucked , they are awesome ! 

Another peculiar observation , I am getting some bass once the pads are pressed inwards ..take my words with a grain of salt , I'll keep on updating 
Yes , my opinions are changing drastically ...this is a interesting headphone , I need some time before I conclude anything 

Sep 9, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #403 of 2,575

Well if you listen to rock at high volumes , don't get the 6XXs 
The dt880s and 150s are superior 

Sep 9, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #404 of 2,575
  I think the DT100 were just made for midrange detail, not enjoyable music listening. Like with DT48 you can hear some nice midrange transients, but they were not as transparent as the DT48 either. 

Having owned the two I've had lots of fun comparing them side by side.

Also my DT100 has terrible coloration in 250-500hz range, which makes for a honky sound. That could improve clarity in speech applications, I don't know. You can get used to it, but listening to something else they will sound colored and weird at first.

Well you are right man , the 100s have a very peculiar sound 
Its hard to understand and love 

Sep 9, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #405 of 2,575

Just got my 100s and What is this , they sound atrocious 
I am speechless 

Another peculiar observation , I am getting some bass once the pads are pressed inwards ..take my words with a grain of salt , I'll keep on updating 
Yes , my opinions are changing drastically ...this is a interesting headphone , I need some time before I conclude anything 

Does it come with velor or pleatherpads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back