Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant!
Jan 19, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #796 of 2,575
I cant see anything that K701 does better than DT150 -minus the soundstage-. YMMW. I beleive sound preferences plays a big role here probably in addition also the sources...

Feb 6, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #797 of 2,575
I've been coming to realize just how good the DT 150's are, they just don't do anything wrong. They simply sound better than all my other headphones. They are the best genre-masters I have ever come across. I returned the HD 650 because I felt they were inferior to the DT 150. 

Feb 6, 2015 at 3:02 AM Post #799 of 2,575
I recently auditioned the dt 150, Was pretty surprised with how neutral it sounded , planning on getting one soon. Any recommendations for an amp that matches well ?

They seem to sound good on anything the HD 650 sounds good on in my experience due to the similar sound signature and similar ohm rating. They are quite neutral, tiltings towards darkness and warmth like the HD 650.

Feb 6, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #800 of 2,575
What did you like better about the dt150? How does the bass compare to that of the hd650

Ive read they need a pretty good source or they don't sound that great, compared to other headphones in genereal I'm guessing
Have you found that to be true?

Feb 6, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #801 of 2,575
What did you like better about the dt150? How does the bass compare to that of the hd650

Ive read they need a pretty good source or they don't sound that great, compared to other headphones in genereal I'm guessing
Have you found that to be true?

The biggest things I prefered about the DT 150 is the clarity, speed, and lack of grain. It's easier on the ears and smoother sounding while having just as good of dynamics and being clearer in the treble. The bass is a bit flatter but has plenty of slam, the bass is quite similar overall but I would say the HD 650s bass has more of a mid-bass emphasis.

They sound good with a lesser sources, but on lesser sources they can sound slightly hollow, this goes away completely with better systems as better systems and sources really fill-in the sound.

Feb 7, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #803 of 2,575
Today had to fork out hundreds to repair my bike, there goes my savings on an HD650. Sigh.
So I'm looking at one of these to get something closest to the HD650 sound. Missed my chance to bag them when they were on ebay a few weeks ago. Saved up only to find someone had bought them the previous night. Made me lose my mind a bit.

Such elusive pair of cans.

Feb 7, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #804 of 2,575
Feb 12, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #805 of 2,575
I just got Shure SRH 1540 pads for the DT 150. The bass impact is incredible and the mids are fuller and richer and the treble is more relaxed. Just need to fully determine changes in soundstage, imaging, depth, etc. though. The mids and treble remind more of the HD 650 than they used to be. 

Feb 12, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #806 of 2,575
  I just got Shure SRH 1540 pads for the DT 150. The bass impact is incredible and the mids are fuller and richer and the treble is more relaxed. Just need to fully determine changes in soundstage, imaging, depth, etc. though. The mids and treble remind more of the HD 650 than they used to be. 

Cool, glad you like them.

Feb 13, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #807 of 2,575

those are some sort of velors? 

i bot a pair of velors from the recent massdrop...but it is somewhere in some part of the world..
still waiting..zzzz  :p

Feb 13, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #809 of 2,575

those are some sort of velors? 

i bot a pair of velors from the recent massdrop...but it is somewhere in some part of the world..
still waiting..zzzz  :p

Sort of, they are alcantara. Makes the mids very full and quite forward(moreso than the HD 650) but in a pleasant way without the oddities, abrasiveness, and brashness that can come with more forward a mids, rather they are very musical and beautiful mids and it sounds spacious with good imaging. They become darker and warmer for sure.The slight metallic tinge that can be found at times in the treble on the stock pads is gone. Not to mention the comfort is outstanding. 

Cool, glad you like them.

Thank you for mentioning them. I've been wanting better pads for them for a while, the stuffiness of the stock pads were getting on my nerves. I'm happy with their sound. I thought the HD 650 was musical and lush, but man with these pads, the DT 150 takes the lush musicality to the next level. Finally the treble is exactly to my tastes as well on the DT 150. I'm sick of dealing with the metallic-tinged treble on so many headphones. 

Feb 13, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #810 of 2,575
metallic tinge...? hmmm i havent heard the dt150 stockpad version cept for a very very brief moment in a shop.
I crave a little more clarity in the treble actually so i took off the foam(overthedriver) of the dt100velor.

this might solve the metallic tinge some of u might heard...?
my fingers were itching..n  opened it up for some innardstuffing :p

just some cut up corksheets lying around the house. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back