1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant!

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by theobservatory., Oct 25, 2007.
First

Back
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Next

Last
  1. MrTechAgent
    Sure..one word "Seal" 
    Now they sound acceptable and the peculiarities are worth the cash !

Kaldas Research Stay updated on Kaldas Research at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.instagram.com/kaldasresearch/ http://kaldasresearch.com/
  2. 396629
    These headphones are spoiling me. On the rare occasions I get a chance to listen to music through my speakers I can't help but be a little disappointed in what I'm hearing. 

I think you need to spend thousands on speakers, maybe something like a Spendor or PMC, to match the pure sound quality of a headphones like this. My Tannoys as nice as they are are no match other than their staging, obviously. 

3. Synthax
    I have very good news for all of you who use velour pads. By adding such a 5mm spacers you can achieve much better 3d imaging and overall frequency balance. It is also worth to remove foam between earpads and transducers and onle leave this thin white paper membrane. Try it and you won't regret. I love DT150 and find their mids to be one of the best ever. Cheers

zdjcie1.jpg

zdjcie2.jpg

zdjcie3.jpg

zdjcie4.jpg

4. Lorspeaker
    i concur with u on removal of the driver foam,
    but only added half the spacer to the back of the cup ...to angle the drivers.
    imaging n clarity much improved.

5. Synthax
    I use tube amp thus I need some more 'brillance'.

6. MrTechAgent
    You're right.
    My friend has a perfect description for the 150s "Beyer's best kept secret" !

Kaldas Research Stay updated on Kaldas Research at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.instagram.com/kaldasresearch/ http://kaldasresearch.com/
  7. Lorspeaker
    I had a pair of PMC b4...solid stability...neutral...and needs to be properly powered to shine.

8. 396629
    No longer 'Beyer's best kept secret' thankfully. The word is spreading and they are getting recognition at last (still nothing like enough)

The DT440 remains Beyer's best kept secret imho. Not saying they're as good as the DT150, but I still like them,

9. Baycode
    Today I had a big smile on my face while listening dt150 through dv336se. This baby really likes tubes - imo. Also there is a sweet point for driver to ear distance. I had to increase it. I have adjusted it with my custom earpads. They sound AMAZING!

10. tinara
    I didn't follow the last posts on the topic but talking about the DT-150, I use mine with... Alpha Pads from Mr Speaker. You have to put a little strenght to make it fit but after it works perfectly.
    pZBr46V.jpg

The pads are angled so it angles the drivers too.

11. Lorspeaker
    do u get a more echoey sound?

12. tinara
    A little bit maybe, less direct impact maybe, a little more smooth but the main advantage is the better spatialisation coming with those little changes (direct impact, smoother, distant sound). Of course, it's all minor change and don't change a lot the sound of the Beyer if it's the first time you ear it but after an year with the stock pads, those changes make the difference to me. Maybe removing the layer of textile between the driver and the ear could be a good idea but i don't feeling good cutting the Alpha pads in piece for now. The effect must be the same than the spacer because the Alpha pad are way larger than the stock ones.

13. Lorspeaker
    dun cut center lining of the alphapads, it is v thin. just take away the stock foam lining the drivers is good enuf i think..to give slightly better clarity. i do have the alphapads, it is on my dt770, think i can understand the spatial effect it is creating..:p

14. tinara
    I'll try that ok. If you have the time to try the Alpha Pads with the DT-150, i'll be happy to cross our feelings about this mix :)

15. Nytkim

Is the DT 150 much different from the 770?

First

Back
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Next

Last