Beyer MANUFACTURE
Jan 22, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #31 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
P.S. What do they mean by softouch, when you are choosing the colors?

The plastic bits are not hard plastic, sort of more rubbery and not that glossy, more of a satin look and feel.

Jan 22, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #32 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lad27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The plastic bits are not hard plastic, sort of more rubbery and not that glossy, more of a satin look and feel.

So it seems like kind of a downgrade to go from chrome covers to black plastic covers. Or am i just confused?

Jan 23, 2007 at 11:36 AM Post #33 of 310
I was searching the web, and came across these small pictures of some really funky looking manufacture headphones!

beyerdt990hifi2l5rk.jpg

beyerdt990hifi3s5hr.jpg
beyerdt990hifi600s7zj.jpg
beyerdt990hificustons1yi.jpg
beyerdt770reds8oz.jpg

So, what do you think? From the looks of it, I don't like the chrome ear cups.

Jan 23, 2007 at 5:47 PM Post #34 of 310
The Chrome doesn't do it for me, the black just gets better and better though.

Jan 23, 2007 at 5:56 PM Post #35 of 310
Yea, the green, blue, red, and tan (not yellow) metal look really nice. Much better than their online site shows at least. The red headband I'm not that crazy about though.

Yea, Black headband, red metal and red ring on black ear cup would looke nice. Throw in some black or silver velour and that would look nice.

I also liked JenSL's blue ones. They are fancy.

So many choices!

Jan 23, 2007 at 6:16 PM Post #38 of 310
Thanks m00hk00h - The green looks much better than I thought.

Jan 23, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #40 of 310
Quote:

So it seems like kind of a downgrade to go from chrome covers to black plastic covers. Or am i just confused?

Yup, you're confused. :)

The "vented" covers are metal regardless of paint or chrome.

Jan 23, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #41 of 310
Get both - a pair of Darths, and also dt990/600 2005 and use both with a Corda amp(s) (that's what I do - a perfect pairing). ............then you can retire from Head-Fi, unless you want to fiddle with IEMs.

Jan 23, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #42 of 310
Quote:

"Chrome" covers are just plastic covers sprayed with shiny paint to simulate chrome effect.

Jan 23, 2007 at 11:45 PM Post #44 of 310
Oops! Missed JensL post.
Now I'm confused
biggrin.gif
:.
Originally I thought that louvres are made from metal. Then there was a post somewhere that claimed they are plastic.
OK - for me it is hard to determine because of the layer of black soft paint covering the louvres. It is definitely not black anodised Al alloy finish. So if I tap it (gently) with fingernail, it doesn't have that typical metalic sound - it really sound more like hard plastic - but it could well be that layer of paint dampens it.

Not that it matters to me, plastic or metal , they look (and sound) good.

From memory, JensL has a personal contact with Beyer rep - maybe we can get some definitive answer here.

Jan 23, 2007 at 11:59 PM Post #45 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get both - a pair of Darths, and also dt990/600 2005 and use both with a Corda amp(s) (that's what I do - a perfect pairing). ............then you can retire from Head-Fi, unless you want to fiddle with IEMs.

lol

I'll definitely have one pair. Dunno if I'll have both of the Beyers there. Then add one high end IEM (highest universal). I'll be done for a couple of years then. No way I can get customs before I move out into the big wide world on my own and get a job. Hopefully I actually graduate whilst spending the student loan on headphones! And we only have one pair of ears!
blink.gif
2.5 year rig building job starting in earnest now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back