Beyer MANUFACTURE
Feb 14, 2007 at 4:11 AM Post #61 of 310
I might have to order a DT990 so that I can complete the Beyer trifecta.

DT770/80 Pro (someday to be sent to headphile.com for "darthing")
DT880 (stock)
DT990 Manufaktur

Hmmm... wasn't I done with equipment purchases? Wasn't I supposed to get caught up on my music purchase?? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaah!

Feb 14, 2007 at 6:13 AM Post #63 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronmtorres /img/forum/go_quote.gif
damn, those headphones look damn good!
smily_headphones1.gif

I have to agree. These are one of the best manufacture's I've seen in terms of matching colors.

Feb 14, 2007 at 8:16 AM Post #64 of 310
Damn, i've been thinking about getting one of those for like 2 months, but i don't know if i can justify spending an extra 250 bucks for a different color, dt 77o new 200$ and i could get it by the end of whatever week i order, or wait a month and spend 450.

is there any technical reason other than being able to get 32 ohmers? are they "better" drivers, i know for bass i'm supposed to go 770-80, but i just like the looks of the new ones alot better, and although i think they're freeking sweet looking, i can pretty much buy a microdac for the amount i'ld save by not coloring them,

would the 250's still "play" out of my pod, or would i absolutely need to be walkin around with my tbh??

spray paint? ahahha, i know, probably a bad idea., also, why can't you get the parts seperate, cause i would realyy be ok if i could just get some leather pads.

ps, somebody NEEDS to do a manufacture skybeyer, ebony will all red options, or even just a dark wood

oh oh oh oh oh o hoh i just thought of it, SPECIAL EDITION, i'ld pay big for these, darth skybeyer all red options, ebony, and oystershell or ivory inlay,,,,, the massive attack logo, from blue lines, the "flammable" signage, i want a pair.

Feb 14, 2007 at 3:54 PM Post #65 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So Skylab how is the DT880-600 doing? Better than the 990-250? I am just dying for the Opera to get here Thursday to see what it does with the 990's!

The DT880-600's are fully broken in, and they sound WONDERFUL. They are the most balanced of any headphone I own. That doesn't mean I like them the best, though. I do find that I listen to them a bit louder than either my DT990's or Darth Beyers, to get the bass punch I like, and that isn't necessarily good. So I will keep using the DT990's in the office, and the Darth Beyers in my main home rig. I'll use use the DT880's for what i was using them for - I will take them on trips to use in my hotel (not on the airplane obviously) - paired with either the Xenos or the Larocco PRII mk 2 they sound awesome - truly world-class sound on the road. And I will occasionally use them with my ASL MG Head OTL mkIII - that's a tasty combo too, I discovered.

Feb 14, 2007 at 4:16 PM Post #66 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrussell6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
would the 250's still "play" out of my pod, or would i absolutely need to be walkin around with my tbh??

I tested a 250 ohm version of the DT880 Pros directly from my Rockboxed iPod Video and while there was basically enough volume (just - not lots) the punch wasn't there. They were flat. Then I lined out through my Turbodock to a Xin Microamp and the sound was completely different. Full and powerful - very nice. So I think that the answer is no. You need an amp.

Now unfortunately my Total Bithead was not available. I just got it back today. I'm hoping that it will provide the necessary punch to drive my 250 ohm DT880s well. Once I get those, I should have the opportunity to compare the Bithead with my friend's Xin. The Microamp is more powerful so we will see how the Bithead matches up. I will report back. (But it will be a few weeks until the custom cans arrive.)

Feb 14, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #67 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The DT880-600's are fully broken in, and they sound WONDERFUL. They are the most balanced of any headphone I own. That doesn't mean I like them the best, though. I do find that I listen to them a bit louder than either my DT990's or Darth Beyers, to get the bass punch I like, and that isn't necessarily good. So I will keep using the DT990's in the office, and the Darth Beyers in my main home rig. I'll use use the DT880's for what i was using them for - I will take them on trips to use in my hotel (not on the airplane obviously) - paired with either the Xenos or the Larocco PRII mk 2 they sound awesome - truly world-class sound on the road. And I will occasionally use them with my ASL MG Head OTL mkIII - that's a tasty combo too, I discovered.

Skylab, I am delighted by your description of the new DT880. Mine will be 250 ohms but not having an Opera (yet
icon10.gif
), that's the way for me to go. I am looking forward to it.

Actually, if my Bithead comes up a bit shy, which portable amp would you recommend for these cans. (If that amp has a DAC function, all the better but that isn't necessarily essential.) Since you like Meier, have you tried the Porta Corda?

Feb 14, 2007 at 4:24 PM Post #68 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skylab, I am delighted by your description of the new DT880. Mine will be 250 ohms but not having an Opera (yet
icon10.gif
), that's the way for me to go. I am looking forward to it.

Actually, if my Bithead comes up a bit shy, which portable amp would you recommend for these cans. (If that amp has a DAC function, all the better but that isn't necessarily essential.) Since you like Meier, have you tried the Porta Corda?

I did own a PCIII, and it sounded great, but I sold it because I require my portable amps to have a battery charging facility.

If you want a USB DAC too, the Headphonia would be an option. But without, the Xenos 1HA-EPC sounds awesome with the DT880's.

Feb 14, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #69 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tested a 250 ohm version of the DT880 Pros directly from my Rockboxed iPod Video and while there was basically enough volume (just - not lots) the punch wasn't there. They were flat. Then I lined out through my Turbodock to a Xin Microamp and the sound was completely different. Full and powerful - very nice. So I think that the answer is no. You need an amp.

Now unfortunately my Total Bithead was not available. I just got it back today. I'm hoping that it will provide the necessary punch to drive my 250 ohm DT880s well. Once I get those, I should have the opportunity to compare the Bithead with my friend's Xin. The Microamp is more powerful so we will see how the Bithead matches up. I will report back. (But it will be a few weeks until the custom cans arrive.)

I have a pair of DT770/250 that sound great straight out of an iPod with stock firmware. I'm currently ampless portably, so I can't comment on how much better they would sound amped, but I'm sure the difference is significant. I can say that the sound isn't lacking without an amp.

Feb 14, 2007 at 4:58 PM Post #70 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicomte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a pair of DT770/250 that sound great straight out of an iPod with stock firmware. I'm currently ampless portably, so I can't comment on how much better they would sound amped, but I'm sure the difference is significant. I can say that the sound isn't lacking without an amp.

Valid point. I was amazed by the difference between amped and unamped. But had I only listened unamped, I might have been happy. (There was however a definate limitation to how high the volume could go with 250 ohm DT880 Pro.)

Feb 14, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #71 of 310
Apologies if this was posted elsewhere - I either didn't see it or can't remember...

How long did it take to get these in the US? Enjoy my PS-1s and thinking about trying out the 990.

Thanks

Feb 14, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #72 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did own a PCIII, and it sounded great, but I sold it because I require my portable amps to have a battery charging facility.

If you want a USB DAC too, the Headphonia would be an option. But without, the Xenos 1HA-EPC sounds awesome with the DT880's.

The Xenos 1HA-EPC does look great. Canadian too. Of course, then I would have to get a DAC... I'm going to see how the Bithead works out for now.

Feb 14, 2007 at 5:13 PM Post #73 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by RGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apologies if this was posted elsewhere - I either didn't see it or can't remember...

How long did it take to get these in the US? Enjoy my PS-1s and thinking about trying out the 990.

Thanks

Four weeks is the rumour.

Feb 14, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #74 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stumbled upon some more beyer manufacture pics, so for anyone else considering them here are what they look like:
beyer1dz9.jpg

beyer2fb5.jpg

Damn those are so beautiful... I want one too, I didnt know the alluring came in orange... just went ot the site and I dont see any orange as a option for the alluring =(

Feb 14, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #75 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by rypin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn those are so beautiful... I want one too, I didnt know the alluring came in orange... just went ot the site and I dont see any orange as a option for the alluring =(

That's what's called poor photo colour balance - too much yellow. The alluring is red. And the Champagne is much lighter (less yellow) than that too. Look on page two of this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back