best wireless headphone system?
Dec 9, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #46 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by jalyst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why do you think that is significant?
It's only one part of the equation isn't it?

well because the mdr 6000 have a pretty good sound decsent bass, pretty good compared to other rf cans, so i was thinking that either twice the impediance was eiterh bad or good, it all depends on how much power is driving them.

if you dont mind modding the headstrap so it will fit tighter and you dont mind your ears hitting the inner cup then i could possibly reccomend them, but i dont remeber if i told you about here other severe problem,

lets say your listening to your sony' and your multi taskin and reading etc, like i do alot,, if there is no sound for more than like 45 second s, there is an annoyingbeeping sound that starts to beep,, volume wont control it and even u take them on and off it will come back unless theree is audio,,,
that to me was the single most dumb feature of the sony mdr6000,
still to this day when i use them, and i still do,, the beeping noise will go off, and i will just sigh and say to myself oh typical sony.......................!'
some genius thought it a smart idea to remind people to save battery power, i think that it is beyond stupid, i have no idea who in there right mind thought that a good idea, they must have monkeys workin at that place.
still they sound pretty decesnt but dont get loud as i would like but do get loud enought to hurt your ears,,, you can also preamp them and it really does help the sound i have found, but in a much different wsay then lined cans.

another point i wanted u too think about is battery life,, i think the sony's and many other large RF can only have like 6-9 hour battery life,, i dont really noticeit, casue i rotate between them and my regulaar cans, but also if i ran out and i wanted to stay wireless i could just switch to my 800c ir cans which i wanted to let you know have over 24 hours of bettery life.

Dec 9, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #47 of 88
Quote:

*bump*
smile.gif

dude im interested if u can get them cheaper,,

anyways i know the audio technica have dolby headphone cause i just zoomed in on the reciever unit and indeed its right on there

Dec 9, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #49 of 88
Quote:

I thought dolby headphones was invented to bring positional audio to headphones which are stereo by nature.

Why would you need it for TV which is often only broadcast as stereo?
The source material you'd usually want it for is Games & Movies. *confused* ?

What about my other posts, see them?

Cheers!

can only tell youwhat my ears prefer,,, your right on games most of time not always though, and same with movies somtimes ,,,, but of news and tv and live disscussion i alsways prefer the dolby headphone because it spaces people voices out around you.. all it is is a filter tha acutally decreases sound quality. but its nice when theres annoucments or discussion upfront and in your face, you can use the dolby to space and seprate it out more,,, but very artificial,,,, on the 800c it sounds much nice than on a laptop

Dec 10, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #50 of 88
Your response to post #35.

Forget about testing anything, you clearly don't want to so it doesn't matter.

If I was in a position where I had more than one OEM to compare, I would.
But I'm not so lets move on....

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinCannoisseur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well what exactly do you want me to test ,, the senn..?

i just have bet buy and they have a crappy selection.

Dec 10, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #51 of 88
Your response to post #36, thanks..

Yeah I don't think it's a simple as higher impedance + right power = better sound, but def. a significant part of the equation.

No I'm only interested in the models listed as finalists, they are the newest models from all the major wireless can manufacturers.
But thanks again for your insights into the 6000, hopefully there's not many of the same annoying features with the 7100?!

How on earth do you pre-amp RF headphones like those, isn't the amplification (all the sound stage for that matter) built into the headphones?

Yeah I know battery life is limited for them all, I will always have some corded around, interesting point re 24hrs for IR.

Quote:

well because the mdr 6000 have a pretty good sound decsent bass, pretty good compared to other rf cans, so i was thinking that either twice the impediance was eiterh bad or good, it all depends on how much power is driving them.

if you dont mind modding the headstrap so it will fit tighter and you dont mind your ears hitting the inner cup then i could possibly reccomend them, but i dont remeber if i told you about here other severe problem,

lets say your listening to your sony' and your multi taskin and reading etc, like i do alot,, if there is no sound for more than like 45 second s, there is an annoyingbeeping sound that starts to beep,, volume wont control it and even u take them on and off it will come back unless theree is audio,,,
that to me was the single most dumb feature of the sony mdr6000,
still to this day when i use them, and i still do,, the beeping noise will go off, and i will just sigh and say to myself oh typical sony.......................!'
some genius thought it a smart idea to remind people to save battery power, i think that it is beyond stupid, i have no idea who in there right mind thought that a good idea, they must have monkeys workin at that place.
still they sound pretty decesnt but dont get loud as i would like but do get loud enought to hurt your ears,,, you can also preamp them and it really does help the sound i have found, but in a much different wsay then lined cans.

another point i wanted u too think about is battery life,, i think the sony's and many other large RF can only have like 6-9 hour battery life,, i dont really noticeit, casue i rotate between them and my regulaar cans, but also if i ran out and i wanted to stay wireless i could just switch to my 800c ir cans which i wanted to let you know have over 24 hours of bettery life.

Dec 10, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #52 of 88
You're responding to post #37, that's not one of the posts I mentioned.

In post #39 you confirmed that you found info which verifies the dolby abilities of the ATH-DWL-5000.
In post #40 I asked that you provide a link to this information...

Thanks

Quote:

dude im interested if u can get them cheaper,,

anyways i know the audio technica have dolby headphone cause i just zoomed in on the reciever unit and indeed its right on there

Dec 10, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #53 of 88
Now you're responding to post #40 as requested!
smily_headphones1.gif

Please see my post #52 (above) for clarification...

Quote:

???????????????

i think i was talkin about the audio technica 1k RF cans

Dec 10, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #54 of 88
Your response to post #41, thanks.

Hmm interesting, my experiences using it in the way you describe have been quite dull.
Mainly because the source content isn't really designed to be used that way by dolby headphones or similar.
But each to his own!
ksc75smile.gif

You have responded to all posts that I requested (& a few that I didn't) except for #34.

Thanks dood!

Quote:

can only tell youwhat my ears prefer,,, your right on games most of time not always though, and same with movies somtimes ,,,, but of news and tv and live disscussion i alsways prefer the dolby headphone because it spaces people voices out around you.. all it is is a filter tha acutally decreases sound quality. but its nice when theres annoucments or discussion upfront and in your face, you can use the dolby to space and seprate it out more,,, but very artificial,,,, on the 800c it sounds much nice than on a laptop

Dec 12, 2009 at 11:26 AM Post #56 of 88
Quote:

Your response to post #36, thanks..

Yeah I don't think it's a simple as higher impedance + right power = better sound, but def. a significant part of the equation.

No I'm only interested in the models listed as finalists, they are the newest models from all the major wireless can manufacturers.
But thanks again for your insights into the 6000, hopefully there's not many of the same annoying features with the 7100?!

How on earth do you pre-amp RF headphones like those, isn't the amplification (all the sound stage for that matter) built into the headphones?

Yeah I know battery life is limited for them all, I will always have some corded around, interesting point re 24hrs for IR.

exactly , youd think that you couldnt prea mp them,, as did i,, and maybe your not technically preamping, but what i did made the mdr 6000 sound way better,, i had an onkyo tx 606 reciever that had crazt features and lots or eq options, so mayb it was more the eq than say preamp,,,, the more i think about it its was pre eq'ing the sound, and i was really surprised how much better it made them sound imo,, but it was only a few brieg tests as i thought the gigantic onkyo was too much jofr just a headphone amp and i grew tired of staring at the behemooth,

Dec 12, 2009 at 11:34 AM Post #57 of 88
let me know hoiw the 7000 or 71000 sound,, im sure theyll sound really good, but ill bet u cant tell the difference between 7.1 and 5.1 ss phones, imo.

also let me know how tight they are and comfort fit etc.

merry christmass

Dec 12, 2009 at 11:52 AM Post #59 of 88
I told you, I can't get them here in Australia.

So I'll prolly end-up getting the RS 170....
Or the AT if you can provide a link that confirms the dolby abilities you claim it has.

Quote:

let me know hoiw the 7000 or 71000 sound,, im sure theyll sound really good, but ill bet u cant tell the difference between 7.1 and 5.1 ss phones, imo.

also let me know how tight they are and comfort fit etc.

merry christmass

Dec 12, 2009 at 1:19 PM Post #60 of 88

Users who are viewing this thread

Back