best wireless headphone system?
Dec 12, 2009 at 1:24 PM Post #61 of 88
I'm sorry I don't really get what you're saying.
I'll just take your word for it.
bigsmile_face.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinCannoisseur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
exactly , youd think that you couldnt prea mp them,, as did i,, and maybe your not technically preamping, but what i did made the mdr 6000 sound way better,, i had an onkyo tx 606 reciever that had crazt features and lots or eq options, so mayb it was more the eq than say preamp,,,, the more i think about it its was pre eq'ing the sound, and i was really surprised how much better it made them sound imo,, but it was only a few brieg tests as i thought the gigantic onkyo was too much jofr just a headphone amp and i grew tired of staring at the behemooth,

Dec 23, 2009 at 8:20 AM Post #62 of 88
In approx. 1wk I'm going to search for reviews for cans in my finalist list for 1 more day.
If nothing comes up which proves that some are better than the 170/180, then I'll scratch them all except for those 2.
Then I'll go into a local store and compare RS130/170/180 and post my findings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalyst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
04/12/09: Well none of my finalist make/models are available in Australia except for the RS170/180.
So physically comparing any of them gets thrown out the proverbial freakin window!!
Why are we such a consumer tech backwater?!? Grrr......

That means I can only rely on reviews & comparative reviews from the net.
As you can see in my finalist list above, they're far & few between...
angry_face.gif

I'll keep looking a little longer, but everyone please share your experiences with the models in my list!

Thanks again.

Dec 31, 2009 at 7:51 AM Post #63 of 88
So this is all there is in the way of something close to reviews.
Un-****ing-believable Google....

RS160/170/180
Right Between Your Ears » A Quick Review of the Sennheiser RS160, RS 170, and RS 180.
Sony MDR-DS7100 vs Pioneer SE-DRS3000C
---------------------------
ATH-DWL5000
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/aud...review-326681/
Audio Technica ATH-DWL5000 - The Review - AVForums.com

DRS3000C
Pioneer SE-DRS3000C - hissing sound - AVForums.com
Pioneer SE-DRS3000C Dolby Headphone
_____
Stereo
RS 180
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/sen...0/#post6250118
New RS180 Sennheiser Wireless Headphones The Best Ever - Smarthouse

SA6
Review: Sleek Audio SA6 Wireless Headphones With Kleer Wireless Technology | Just Another Mobile Monday

So none of these prove that they're better in any way than the RS 170 & 180.
And in light of my recent decision to ignore surround features I think the 170 can be dropped.
But I'm thinking that the SA6 may well be better than the RS 180....

I went to a local store 1-week ago and compared the 180 with the 130.
I would've tried more sources (I only listened to a TV -news?- feed) but we took ages to get the 180/130 set-up.

And I didn't want to push the friendship by asking to hear music/movies etc.
Especially considering what they did was against store policy (health & safety regulations) so they were already doing a big favour.

Nevertheless the differecne was still noticeable...
Interference easily crept in with the 130 but with the 180 it remained crystal clear at all times.

Jan 5, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #64 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinCannoisseur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
otherwise i would try the Panasonic 5500, but the panasonic 6000 looks like it may soudn best but at that wight i would pass.

...while the pansonic prove ultra clarity and much better isolation

How do you know how the Panasonic cans sound? You didn't list the 5500 or 6000 as models you've owned/tried.
Besides, I knocked them from my short-list as Panasonic doesn't list them prominently on their site, and there's no recent reviews of them.

Jan 5, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #65 of 88
So this is all there is in the way of something close to reviews.
Un-****ing-believable Google, this is all one can sift out of the 99% crap.
Please can we get a new contender for search engines...

RS160/170/180
Right Between Your Ears » A Quick Review of the Sennheiser RS160, RS 170, and RS 180.
Sony MDR-DS7100 vs Pioneer SE-DRS3000C
---------------------------
ATH-DWL5000
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/aud...review-326681/
Audio Technica ATH-DWL5000 - The Review - AVForums.com

SE-DRS3000C
Pioneer SE-DRS3000C - hissing sound - AVForums.com
Pioneer SE-DRS3000C Dolby Headphone

RS 170 = nothing...
_____
Stereo
RS 180
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/sen...0/#post6250118
New RS180 Sennheiser Wireless Headphones The Best Ever - Smarthouse

SA6
Review: Sleek Audio SA6 Wireless Headphones With Kleer Wireless Technology | Just Another Mobile Monday

I went to a local store 1-week ago and compared the 180 with the 130.
I would've tried more sources (I only listened to a TV -news?- feed) but we took ages to get the 180/130 set-up.
And I didn't want to push the friendship by asking to hear music/movies etc.
Especially considering what they did was against store policy (H&S regulations) so they were already doing a big favour.
Nevertheless the difference was definitely noticeable...
Interference easily crept in with the 130 but with the 180 it remained crystal clear at all times.

So none of these reviews prove that one or more of the finalists are better than the RS 170/180 do they?
And in light of my recent decision to ignore surround features, I think the 170 can be dropped.
But I'm thinking the SA6 may well deserve to be a finalist along with the RS 180.

What do ya'll reckon, do you agree with my process of elimination thus far?

Jan 5, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #66 of 88
Last week I got a pair of refurbed RS30's from newegg for $60. I am very excited to try them out. I tried them once at a store and loved everything about them, that was in India and they were going for the equivalent of almost $300 a year or so ago here.

Anyway Senns are so comfortable and I love this charging system. And $60 seemed like a really good deal.

Jan 5, 2010 at 3:55 PM Post #68 of 88
Yep RS 130, (sorry I haven't slept in many many hours (double shift) and feel a bit like a zombie.) Anyway I can't comment much on your post because I have only ever tried the wireless sennheiser line and none of the other brands. I can say the 130's were much much better than the 120's in every way. I can say that I've had bad luck with bluetooth headphones and my mac, and that this is a common issue with mac users. So I am glad they are not bluetooth headphones. Sorry I can't be more helpful...

Other comments: I thought the RS130's sounded REALLY and surprisingly good, they are cheapish now, and they are very comfortable like most full-size Senns. And they have really positive reviews on Amazon (447 of them) much more positive overall than most of the other wireless systems I looked into (though my research was brief).

Just another person's little $.02 on wireless systems...

Jan 5, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #70 of 88
I've noticed that there's a huge difference in range abilities between the SA6's W-1 and the RS170/180.

W-1 is only 18.29M, whereas 170 = 80m and the 180 = 100m...
These figures are line-of-sight of course, and in real world terms will be much less.

But a 4/5-fold distance advantage is not insignificant when there's many potential causes for signal deterioration in the the avg home.
So irrespective of the IEM Vs open circumaural debate, I think this cannot be overlooked!

I'll probably buy the SA6 later anyway (without W-1 initially), just to try my 1st IEM's.
But for the time being it's looking like the 180 is a goer!!

Unless someone can finger something in the reviews I dug-up that highlights why one (or more) of the other models are better?
Or perhaps you disagree with my idea of ruling-out 3d sound as a important factor and using a adapter like the A40 Mixmap + corded instead?!

I'd also love to know of any other reviews you've come across that I missed!

Jan 16, 2010 at 8:46 AM Post #72 of 88
Feb 22, 2010 at 5:22 AM Post #74 of 88
Hey all, just a little update that I got my refurbed RS130s ($60 from NewEgg) and they sound really, really great. Good range too. Of course they are not my HD595's, but they sound like high quality sennheisers with a wireless edge. I LOVE them. If you ever see another deal like this, grab 'em. They have changed my life. The fit is wonderful, the sound is really unique, the charging method is ingenious. Another masterpiece, sennheiser people!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back