best wireless headphone system?
Dec 5, 2009 at 4:51 AM Post #31 of 88
I would happily try out and report back but I'd have no basis for comparison...
None of the main wireless headphone manufacturers bother selling to Australia except for Sennheiser!

Can you believe it?! Grrr...

Can you get all those models in my finalist list where you are? (surely you can in Dixie)
If there is any of your local stores you should test them all out and post your experiences!?
Just bring one music CD, one Movie CD & walla!
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinCannoisseur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you should try out some sennheiser and let mo know how they sound,
i heard bad review once of their 130 model or 140 maybe i cant remeber for certain, but there more expensive models look like they may fair far better
try em out and return em if you dont like other wise i would try the Panasonic 5500, then i try the 800c, but the panasonic 6000 looks like it may soudn best but at that wight i would pass, at further glance the sony 7000 headstrap looks flimsy like my previous sony,,, the best deal would be the sony mdr6000, you can get them really cheap right now and they sound great but man like ive said the are designed like crap, but that dosent mean they will break, they are stury and will not break like the pioneeer 800c, i still prefer the whole pacakge of the 800 c although the sound on the sony is =>, the sony def have more bass and over all warmth, while the pansonic prove ultra clarity and much better isolation

Dec 5, 2009 at 4:56 AM Post #32 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by jalyst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you tried the latest Senn. RS160 which apparently has decent hi-def stereo, but also does positional/multi-channel audio? Not Dolby Headphones it seems, but something similar.

no isure havent but if i remeber correctly the 170 is the same price

i dont have alot of experience with senn, read bad reviewon their 130 and 140

,, i couldnt find the impediance on the 130 140 or 160 oin the website so iassume it is similar, the impediance on the 170 and above or at least 180 and above is 32 ohms, which ifound interesting while comparing that to my sony mdr6000 which is 16 ohms

Dec 5, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #33 of 88
Quote:

Can you get all those models in my finalist list where you are?
If there in any of your local stores you should test them all out and post your experiences!?
Just bring one music CD, one Movie CD & walla!
biggrin.gif

u cant really test these out at stores even if they have them most times theyre not plugged in, there should be stores around you that have the senn. maybe,, but welcome to the wonderful world of sight un seen and be prepared to take a hit, just make sure u can return on time!

Dec 5, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #34 of 88
Sorry I meant to say RS170;
One thing that angers me about Senn. is the fact that they removed positional audio from their top-end RS180!
angry_face.gif

If you want I can email you flyers which go into a little more detail about them.
But they're pretty ****, they just provoked more questions which Senn. reps here still haven't answered after 1mth+.

Quote:

no isure havent but if i remeber correctly the 170 is the same price

i dont have alot of experience with senn, read bad reviewon their 130 and 140

,, i couldnt find the impediance on the 130 140 or 160 oin the website so iassume it is similar, the impediance on the 170 and above or at least 180 and above is 32 ohms, which ifound interesting while comparing that to my sony mdr6000 which is 16 ohms

Dec 5, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #35 of 88
see my modified post, 4 posts above...

This would really serve to properly forward the debate in this thread if you could go out and do this.
We'd have some real world data to go with, & I could help you though the process...
I would go do the Senn's but what's the point if I don't have the others to compare it to?

Quote:

u cant really test these out at stores even if they have them most times theyre not plugged in, there should be stores around you that have the senn. maybe,, but welcome to the wonderful world of sight un seen and be prepared to take a hit, just make sure u can return on time!

Dec 5, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #36 of 88
Why do you think that is significant?
It's only one part of the equation isn't it?

Quote:

the impediance on the 170 and above or at least 180 and above is 32 ohms, which ifound interesting while comparing that to my sony mdr6000 which is 16 ohms

Dec 5, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #37 of 88
*bump*
smile.gif

Quote:

What, where did you see that it supports this?!
If you saw my earlier posts everything I read suggests it's quite limited with its dolby features.

This is exciting news, please be right!
bigsmile_face.gif

I'm pretty sure I could get these for a lot cheaper than $1k as I have contacts in Japan :wink:

Dec 5, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #38 of 88
ill double check but im pretty sure, im not exactly sure why dolby headphones is so limited, maybe pioneer and audio technica own part of the techknowlegy or something, but after you have the dby headphone option its kinda hard to live without for watching tv especially as that is when i only use it, sony have like 2 options that try to compete but its not as good, there is a music option and a movie option
where as with dolby headphone you have 1 2 and 3 and u also have dolby pro logic II with music and movie settings as well as auto function at least on the pioneer 800c but ill bet the audio technica have this as well, if only the audio techncia had a headohone out jack,,but hey have toslink passthru
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 5, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #39 of 88
yup it def had dolby headphone, and also i noticed it ahas bass and treble eq!!!!!
AWESOME!!!! that is pretty dang cool, i wish i would have save all themoney from all my wireless cans and tried these,, but who knows they may not sound much better than the sony,,,,,,but a t dw5000 has a 53 mm driver vs 50mm sony,,, not that that means their bettter but ill bet they have a much wider soundstage still to ohigh but that eq option is boss

Dec 5, 2009 at 7:22 AM Post #40 of 88
source please! :)

Quote:

yup it def had dolby headphone, and also i noticed it ahas bass and treble eq!!!!!
AWESOME!!!! that is pretty dang cool, i wish i would have save all themoney from all my wireless cans and tried these,, but who knows they may not sound much better than the sony,,,,,,but a t dw5000 has a 53 mm driver vs 50mm sony,,, not that that means their bettter but ill bet they have a much wider soundstage still to ohigh but that eq option is boss

Dec 5, 2009 at 7:26 AM Post #41 of 88
I thought dolby headphones was invented to bring positional audio to headphones which are stereo by nature.

Why would you need it for TV which is often only broadcast as stereo?
The source material you'd usually want it for is Games & Movies. *confused* ?

What about my other posts, see them?

Cheers!

Quote:

ill double check but im pretty sure, im not exactly sure why dolby headphones is so limited, maybe pioneer and audio technica own part of the techknowlegy or something, but after you have the dby headphone option its kinda hard to live without for watching tv especially as that is when i only use it, sony have like 2 options that try to compete but its not as good, there is a music option and a movie option
where as with dolby headphone you have 1 2 and 3 and u also have dolby pro logic II with music and movie settings as well as auto function at least on the pioneer 800c but ill bet the audio technica have this as well, if only the audio techncia had a headohone out jack,,but hey have toslink passthru
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 9, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #45 of 88
Quote:

see my modified post, 4 posts above...

This would really serve to properly forward the debate in this thread if you could go out and do this.
We'd have some real world data to go with, & I could help you though the process...
I would go do the Senn's but what's the point if I don't have the others to compare it to?

well what exactly do you want me to test ,, the senn..?

i just have bet buy and they have a crappy selection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back