Best universal IEM for trance music ?
Jul 30, 2011 at 10:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

guy30

New Head-Fier
so after a loooong research i bought the shure se535. the sound is great but the bass just not there.
i'm looking for some good headphone with warm sound that produce healthy bass
got un limited budget
any ideas ?

btw
what do you people think makes music more fun to listen, iem or full size headphone ?

Jul 30, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #4 of 28
The unlimited budget for fullsize headphones recommendation are Ultrasone Pro 2900, Ed8, Ed9, D7000, DT900(600 Ohm), T1 and Sony SA5000 but these headphones need AMPs help. Also universal IEMs for Trance, EX1000, Westone 3, SM3, EX7550, Sennheiser IE8, MTP Gold, EX600 and GR07. BTW some custom IEMs are rival to fullsize headphones like JH13Pro/16Pro+JH-3a, Westone ES5, Um Miracle.

Jul 30, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #7 of 28

Quote:
the EX1000 go low enough for a real bass lover ?
or should i go on the ie8 ?

If you want overall rich details in music with good bass response (goes deep but tight) then EX1000 are very good balanced IEMs with wide soundstage. But if you want big punchy bass(adjustable) with good details and wide soundstage then IE8 are perfect fit.

Jul 31, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #10 of 28
Ah, been a while since I've seen this question pop up yet again.
tongue.gif

I'd honestly strongly recommend the Zo amp. If it's bass you're after, you will never look back, trust me. As an avid and exclusive trance/EDM enthusiast, I've been through nearly every top tier, only to find which sounds best to these ears. While the EX1000 reigned supreme when all was said and done, I wish I had the Zo back when I had the entire hoard of top tiers. It quite literally changes the experience altogether. If you search around a bit, you'll come to find that it's one of the very few hi-fi purchases here at head-fi that isn't at all considered hype, but lives up to its name above expectations. The second version is due out soon, but I personally could never do without the Zo. It's best paired with bass-light to bass-moderate earphones, and not the ones which are quite obviously already bass-heavy. I've yet to hear anything better for trance than the EX1000 paired with the Zo. Then again, the EX1000's signature had me at hello. YMMV my friend, but rest assured, I too was in your shoes, and the Zo had me running.
smile.gif

P.S. From the IEM's I've come to own, I've found that there's many competent top tiers fit for trance, ranging from $150+. Even still, it's difficult to say which of those is best fit for anyone since each one varies in presentation, and hence falls on personal preference. All the best my friend.

Jul 31, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #11 of 28
As a trance and chillout listener, I would say go for the Future Sonics Atrio's. Trance and Chillour have a lot of sub-bass which you will get a FANTASTIC feel for with the Atrio's. The bass notes are very well controlled and the mids and highs are exactly where you would want them, without any sibilance or harshness.

With trance, I feel the combo of sub-bass, deep-tight-controlled bass along with chimes, piano and female vocals of the Atrio's is what kept bringing me back to the Atrio's and I have been using them ever since, which was about 4 years ago!!!

Update: forgot to mention, Jazz type trance and chillout are great with the Atrio. Saxaphones and double-bass sound awesome!

Aug 1, 2011 at 6:05 AM Post #13 of 28

which atrios are you talking about? M5? Atrio X?
Quote:
As a trance and chillout listener, I would say go for the Future Sonics Atrio's. Trance and Chillour have a lot of sub-bass which you will get a FANTASTIC feel for with the Atrio's. The bass notes are very well controlled and the mids and highs are exactly where you would want them, without any sibilance or harshness.

With trance, I feel the combo of sub-bass, deep-tight-controlled bass along with chimes, piano and female vocals of the Atrio's is what kept bringing me back to the Atrio's and I have been using them ever since, which was about 4 years ago!!!

Update: forgot to mention, Jazz type trance and chillout are great with the Atrio. Saxaphones and double-bass sound awesome!

Aug 1, 2011 at 8:46 AM Post #14 of 28

Quote:
which atrios are you talking about? M5? Atrio X?

I think "navmau" talking about Atrio MG5 (just checked the profile lol)
cool.gif

Aug 1, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #15 of 28
If the MG5 strikes your interest, wait until you hear the MG7. And yes, I've owned both.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back