BEST SUB-500$ DAP (Digital Audio Player)-Reviews, Impressions, Reference List
Mar 28, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #76 of 144
I’m in Pennsylvania and Links I take from or visit to on AliExpress always go to another language....the one I saw on opening home page of AliExpress is $105
We both love X90 remember....lol..... I went Plenue R recently adding to collection and may never leave...lol.

OH, nice man, 105$ is a steal.
This DAP look very interesting.
ADDED in the list. If I haven't 2 DAP with this dac....i would have perhaps jump on it.

How sound the Plenu R? Did not know this PCM dac he use.

and....DX90 love for life bro. :beerchug::beerchug:

Mar 28, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #77 of 144
PCM5242 is the DAC in the Plenue R, it sounds excellent to me very smooth and when Doc mentioned it to me I had totally forgotten about Plenues even though I had one briefly way back. I remembered JET EFFECT stuff though and decided to jump....the fact I had just sold my last pair of vintage JBLs (used to have like 8 pair) was the closer.
I’ve always been a staunch must listen flat no eq guy but at 61 now decided its time to play with JET stuff....lol!
02E14F52-58F2-4B2B-BA3D-18A684D38582.jpeg

Apr 4, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #81 of 144
Z6 Pro is what I’d like to hear about...I’m broke, sadly.

Apr 4, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #82 of 144
Is anyone picking up the new Fiio M11? There are a few still available on AliExpress. I'm really tempted!

Apr 4, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #83 of 144
Is anyone picking up the new Fiio M11? There are a few still available on AliExpress. I'm really tempted!
I will be, eventually down the road. I'm going to wait for the 1st wave to flow through first, so I can read impressions, pros and cons. This dap screams amazing imo.

Apr 4, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #84 of 144
I will be, eventually down the road. I'm going to wait for the 1st wave to flow through first, so I can read impressions, pros and cons. This dap screams amazing imo.
Totally agree. It seems to punch way above it's price-point. I'm seriously looking forward to impressions.

Apr 8, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #86 of 144
Don't wanna be a downer, but as with any chi-fi DAP sometime strange stuffs can happen.
My ZIKU X9 work marvelous, it just doesnt have a very precise volume wheel....like, it sure isnt a 100 step one. But One headfier contact me to say it have volume problem....wich puzzle me as I do not have this problem even if I upgrade the firmware. The problem is that even a volume 1 out of 100 its ultra loud....hum. So, hum. man i just don't understand! We need some chinese friends on headfi because firmware is hard to find for us english (or french) speakers.

I guess its something about quality check, but for me it was the opposite, stock firmware have normal volume, kind of low, and for dac mode it was as if its a line out. So I became crazy and find the firmware on a russian X9 review.

All this to say, there lotta mysteries around X9 and its surely due to the fact the very website is in chinese and google do not even find it for us.

Anyway, I enjoy mine tremondesly, it can play loud (and low) and drive more iem and headphones than I was wishing. Second firmware is slightly brighter and quite louder....but due to lower volumeof first fw its hard to tell about it as I use it for less than 30 minutes. Second fw is really similar to X3 with high gain, wich became as well little brighter.

If anybody know the ZIKU X9 official site or firmware page, please share!

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #87 of 144
@Nymphonomaniac already ordered ziku x9 because of your review. My first cs4398 dap, previous daps were ak & ess powered..

Nice, hope you will enjoy it.
PM me your first impressions with stock firmware and if the dac mode work normally....perhaps there other firmware out there, and once you install it its perhaps complicate to go back to stock.

Apr 8, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #88 of 144
I’m liking this Cowon Plenue R I just got for $399!

I just got one too for that price and can't wait to try it!

Apr 8, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #89 of 144
I just got one too for that price and can't wait to try it!

Enjoy! Mine is in constant use..I’m retired, got a small case I can put my belt through and listen all day!
I’m so glad I got it!

Apr 9, 2019 at 12:33 AM Post #90 of 144
Enjoy! Mine is in constant use..I’m retired, got a small case I can put my belt through and listen all day!
I’m so glad I got it!

Can you comment on how much hiss there is on the Plenue R?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back